The online racing simulator
Fifa 13
(170 posts, started )
2 wins 1 loss. Loss was a rq for cheap goal, hoalie punted ball but other team stripped it...
Not a fan of either the demo or PES 13.

It looks like football, but each has problems.

FIFA comes off as heavily scripted. Okay, so Man Utd would be expected to beat Wigan for example, but the way EA has it is that the CPU does stupid stuff, perfect passes that never go anywhere but right to an attacker's feet. Or my pet peeve, the striker that runs consistently just that tiny bit faster than your fastest player and scores. Without getting tired. Or my new fave thing, the AI managing to crowd my player out constantly and leave my teammates wide open.

My virtual pro (79 overall) is 6 foot 8, he's a good passer, but without fail he'll attract 3-4 defenders, so it's all to easy to pass the ball to a wide open team mate, bang. Goal

(I've had the above on PC and PS3 through Fifa 10-12 and 13 demo btw)

Or the controls by default on the PC, I'm not sure if it's because my PS3 controller wasn't working right on my PC but I had to play with keyboard, I played everything from RTWC 98 to Fifa 05 on keys. But 12 and '13 demo are just awful. Who comes up with the layouts?

PES however...I dunno. It comes off as too frantic and suffers from Engrish at times (especially in the be a legend mode). Perhaps that's because it is a Japanese developed title, but I sat down and played '12 and '13 for a good few hours and came away feeling that PES hasn't got any better. It doesn't feel like football.

I can live with the fake team names, I can live with the spare PS3 controller on a PC, I can even live with the stepped difficulty levels (Seriously, 15-0 on beginner for a 30 minute match?! Then 4-1 on ametur, then 2-1 on normal, 1-1 on pro and 0-0 draws on the other highest ones), but what gets me is the same thing as FIFA

Scripting. I have a Be A Legend guy in '12 that I got to Man United, I had worked to get there, 89 overall, decent shooter, good passer. So the first league game rolls around, United lose 3-2 to a team that's rated worse than them in every aspect. First goal, fair play that it was a deserved penalty, but the next two were BS. Corner kick that went in from the edge of the box. Then a screamer from outside the area?
Fake team names, that's all fixed (and kits and all that) with one patch. Neither is worthy of a year 2012 but PES is more football.
Which patch? I had to download several for the PS3 version
Oh you're on the PS3.. On PC it's just 'next-next' done, but it's not much of hassle on PS3 neither.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Oh you're on the PS3.. On PC it's just 'next-next' done, but it's not much of hassle on PS3 neither.

Huh? What patch
That's what I asked, I found the PS3 downloads (again) but it was 130+ files that take an age to delete. Why can't Sony just have a delete directory feature on the PS3?
oh, got my game today and damn origin won't let me play, since it is going to be released on 28th
Quote from -NightFly- :oh, got my game today and damn origin won't let me play, since it is going to be released on 28th

Yea euros have to wait, think jrd just got it also
Quote from -nightfly- :oh, got my game today and damn origin won't let me play, since it is going to be released on 28th

ha!
#87 - DeKo
Rangers are in Fifa 13 . Unfortunately an alternator robbed me of my Fifa budget, damn.
The rangers were in fifa 12 too lol

Add me on origin !
Its a typical ea game launch = facepalm when game crashes, ut fs up etc
Okay, im getting a slightly upset now, my game crashes at loading screen, 0 help from EA so far also....
Did the demo work?
my ultimate team is shaping up nicely.

3421 formation. Some nice players so far. Arshavin on LF, Giroud on ST, Downing on RF, Ledesma in CM (backup), Rogers on GK (only bought him for 700 and he had 27 contract). Also grabbed myself Clint Dempsey for LM.
Quote from -NightFly- :Okay, im getting a slightly upset now, my game crashes at loading screen, 0 help from EA so far also....

Any chance it works if you unplug your controller?
nope, didn't try demo on pc (tried it on friends ps3), unplugging controller doesn't work. Changing the aspect ratio didn't work. Also checking the "rea only" in the "replay0.bin" properities got me through loading screen but it wont let me save...and when i try to contineu without saving the game crashes again...and EA still doesn't do anything about it. There are tons of people with the same problem...seriously EA?
try windowed mode? Whats your processor?
Intel core 2 quad q9400...
Oh yes, who's the lucky chap that got to buy packs with fifa points while they were fixing the app just before they closed it again. This guy. 10 dollars, 21 players + consumables. Higain, Boateng, Keane, Larrson were my notable players . Oh man now im stuck between barclays and la liga. gonna have to sell boateng sadly

[btw here's my FUT last year: http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa- ... /show-off#hQNcHSyBgpk:360]
and you owe me for that right middie i just gave you :P
If you're going for a cheap La Liga CM, try Gabi. His in-game stats are insane ^^.
Going barclays, got fletcher and giggs in cm, cisse st, dowbing rw , skrtel cb, friedel gk. also selling nesta 5-3-2 and mauri 4-1-2-1-2 (i think thats it)

Fifa 13
(170 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG