The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
I'm waiting for Assetto Corsa too, with quite expectation, but that doesn't mean PCARS is bad or is going to be bad.
Quote from NunoMike :I'm waiting for Assetto Corsa too, with quite expectation, but that doesn't mean PCARS is bad or is going to be bad.

lol it sucks so much because the physics are based of nfs shit lololol
Quote from Bose321 :lol it sucks so much because the physics are based of nfs shit lololol

Same question: did you try PCARS?
Quote from NunoMike :Same question: did you try PCARS?

Nevermind, that was a sarcastic comment.
Oh, sorry! I checked you have previous posts in this thread.

But really, that is the main argument used by people that never tested PCARS to criticize it: the fact Shift 2 and PCARS use the same physics ENGINE (not the same physics).
But still, it's done by Simbin, SMS, ISI, we-can't-get-the-physics-right guys..
Quote from NunoMike :
the fact Shift 2 and PCARS use the same physics ENGINE (not the same physics).

You can't build a glorious castle from shit. If you know what I mean.
more like shift2 manage to dig shit out of what was a rather pretty castle, it's not the last word in sim physics but it is actually very decent.
The physics weren't that bad for Shift 2. Of course, it was an arcade game, but it was not Burnout!!! It was meant to be a Forza/GT5 kind of game for PC. And above all, there were control filters for the usage of gamepads even if you were using a steering wheel, resulting in major lag in controls.

All that is gone in PCARS. And all the cars now have nothing to compare with Shift 2. The 1968 Lotus 49 F1 is a major pain to drive, for example, even compared to the earlier versions of it, when it had wings for more grip.

Really: please, try it before criticizing.
To agree with couple of posts above - I don't like this game. All the effects, graphics and sounds are extremely impressive compared to LFS, but the physics ruin all the enjoyment for me in this 'game' I should call it. Cos it feels like driving need for speed with a controller, even though I'm driving a so called 'Simulator pCARS' with a wheel.

Oh, and to back up that I've tried this, NunoMike before you complain, have a look at post http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1644643#post1644643
Ever since I've been testing this every couple of weeks if not months, and I'm still not quite impressed with this.
I'm currently not impressed at all, either. I've never had half-ways decent FFB with it and awkward control issues (too much turn in early on in the steering range). That being said, I haven't touched it in months, so I'm due for another test drive.

Also... that Z4 GT3 looks delicious. I want to skin it, so bad.
Quote from lfsrm :lol why wheel in pcars on this movie turn maximum 20° .
is like the cars turn itself.

Yes that's the second thing that annoys me in that video
Test of road reflections

First test of windscreen rain effects

more....

and more

the droplet test

Multiplayer test!!!!!!!!oneoneone

While I am not really happy with the physics, they are not at all the same as in shift, also the graphic get more and more away from shift. At least I don't have any NFS feelings when playing the game. (Exept if you turn on the head cam thingy, which I hate).

Let's see what the new tire physics will bring
Wow! That's awesome already. Can't wait.
It is true this game graphic kills all the other simulator.
MP test? I want to join in already.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :MP test? I want to join in already.

As far as I know, they arn't even testing internal yet, it was just a "Ok, we got the cars kind of synchronized, code seems to be working so far"

Internal testing (including upper toolpacks) should start soon. Normal tool packs also shouldn't be that far away.... SMSoon
Still quicker than Valve time
MP PIC (was big^^)
http://youtu.be/aVaMBZpJKDU
FFFFUUUUU...... closed test (daily builds only)

(the most interesting post was something like, "we don't want to anoy the others, the test is only to get the biggest issues out before the hole load goes out, it will be available a few days after the test" so I guess everyone will have MP with the junior patch at friday... so so exited
Great news!

And even better news since I bought a new graphics board the other day, so I can finally play in directx 11 all maxed out..
Quote from rediske :Great news!

And even better news since I bought a new graphics board the other day, so I can finally play in directx 11 all maxed out..

Last build I used had broken DX11.
Quote from Bose321 :Last build I used had broken DX11.

Current one (311 (last friday's build)) is working fine for me...
Quote from rediske :Current one (311 (last friday's build)) is working fine for me...

They said it didn't work. Oh well...

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG