The online racing simulator
Hi Troy
Dav banned ip address but this has no effect. This person has no account name when they connect only a nickname (the real name is blanked) and as speedy said he has full access to server. Even the private passworded servers are vunerable. Would be awful if a 24 hour event was ruined in the last hour by the hacker kicking everyone off or shutting the server down.

All I am asking for is a response from the LFS team.
Good suggestion Troy and I think dave already did that. but, as you say, it helped... for a short period of time :banghead:

Well hopefully Scavier team can solve this any time soon

E: lol Rolly same time same reply
Thats because great minds think alike
Quote from Rolly-uk :This person has no account name when they connect only a nickname (the real name is blanked)

I'm prodding at InSim whilst this person's connected to cargame.nl s1 right now.

Some interesting stuff from InSim;
The reported username is an ASCII space. As in " "
The connection has the admin flag attached

Might be useful for your bans files - if you've got the tools to manually edit them (pretty sure LFS won't accept a space as a valid name in-game)

Edit: Bleh, apparently already known. Well thats boring Should've read this thread properly.
Quote from the_angry_angel :I'm prodding at InSim whilst this person's connected to cargame.nl s1 right now.

Some interesting stuff from InSim;
The reported username is an ASCII space. As in " "
The connection has the admin flag attached

Might be useful for your bans files - if you've got the tools to manually edit them (pretty sure LFS won't accept a space as a valid name in-game)

Edit: Bleh, apparently already known. Well thats boring Should've read this thread properly.

He's using the alt+0160 ( It makes the blank space "*" ) LFS system never blocked that character, in the airio begining you also could that blank space ( I'be used myself 1 or 2 times ) aftet some time was "forbiden" that blank space

I think ( I hope so ) That if scawen can add a block to that blank character they can get ride of the hacker, also it can't be banned via IP as stated the hacker is using no less that 3 proxys and if you ban hin via ip you only gona ban one of those proxy, he only change to a new proxy and the problem gona persist, also i'be notices that he only have power over airio system, i should say deactivate airio system for the moment and see what happens.
Airio is just an InSim. Has nothing to do with it.

(can still /ban 234 Inouva.. You following?)

Quote from Inouva :He's using the alt+0160 ( It makes the blank space "*" ) LFS system never blocked that character, in the airio begining you also could that blank space ( I'be used myself 1 or 2 times ) aftet some time was "forbiden" that blank space

I think ( I hope so ) That if scawen can add a block to that blank character they can get ride of the hacker, also it can't be banned via IP as stated the hacker is using no less that 3 proxys and if you ban hin via ip you only gona ban one of those proxy, he only change to a new proxy and the problem gona persist, also i'be notices that he only have power over airio system, i should say deactivate airio system for the moment and see what happens.

It isnt blank character its normal space (like when you hit spacebar), ALT+32.
Why blocking that char when its used by milions of accounts?
Daniel, they are talking about blocking text strings containing only that character, not he ones that also has some text in them.
Quote from Inouva :He's using the alt+0160 ( It makes the blank space "*" )

Unless InSim reports something different than the actual value provided from the client to the server (and assuming I've not cocked up somewhere) I can assure you that it's 0x20, or 32

Quote from Inouva :i'be notices that he only have power over airio system, i should say deactivate airio system for the moment and see what happens.

If it were just Airio InSim wouldn't report his connection to have the admin flag set (reported by InSim on my client, whilst connected to cargame.nl s1 this afternoon - the admin flag in IS_NCN was set for this person's connection, indicating administrative rights on the LFS server). This person definitely does have admin rights on the actual LFS server itself - again based on InSim - I don't see why it would indicate a different state in the server.
I wonder myself why he only attacks cargame, maybe its because cargame is still 0.6A4 host?
Also Dave could choose limad level based by LFS admin flag in airio config to lower his rights.
My guess is that he is some sort of attention whore. He probally watching this very topic, and see's the stuff we write, and joins the most populated server atm.
LFS Herobrine, which has Expert Skill of F-Mode
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I wonder myself why he only attacks cargame, maybe its because cargame is still 0.6A4 host?

He has "attacked" other servers under another license, some of them being 0.6B.

http://www.spdoracing.com/eventdb/driver/Swamp/hosts

Quote from The Very End :My guess is that he is some sort of attention whore. He probally watching this very topic, and see's the stuff we write, and joins the most populated server atm.

He reminds me a lot of Phlos actually. An ego-driven, softly-spoken guy who pretends to be acting in the good of LFS.
Oh god, Phlos lol... good time good times
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I wonder myself why he only attacks cargame, maybe its because cargame is still 0.6A4 host?
Also Dave could choose limad level based by LFS admin flag in airio config to lower his rights.

Nonono, it's not only our servers. Talked also with TC (cruise) and this topic is about another server too .. I think? (didnt actually watch the replay in first post).

Anyway, it are various servers.

And yes I can lower Airio rights but I don't see reason to do that. Doesn't have that much of an effect.

Oh and btw. As far as I know 0.6A4 and 0.6B server executables are exactly the same. Not always when the client exec gets updated, the server side gets updated too (bytesizes did not differ). Server exec only gets updated to keep the naming the same.. So in this case I think it's the same. Didn't read any warning that I should update too so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

And TC is running 0.6B.

Basically he just targets popular servers. And I understand it's some sort of thrill, this hacking.. No problem.. But.. It needs to be sorted though.
Quote from cargame.nl :
And yes I can lower Airio rights but I don't see reason to do that. Doesn't have that much of an effect.

Now as limad 5 he can do commands like !pall (pit all) as he was already doing. manage server statistics... heard some people talking about they had ~100 points more etc... He can also quit airio. If I were you, I would definitely do this
@cargame, i guess you alredy made it , but just as reminder.
made a good backup off all your stats, stuff.
and yea i hope this shit whill be taking care of soon.
cya on s2!
Hacker
Does anyone know if this guy has got an S2 licence or is able to join an S2 server?
He takes over unused accounts, probably by brute forcing password guesses or something.

So, yes.
Quote from maxis123 :@cargame, i guess you alredy made it , but just as reminder.
made a good backup off all your stats, stuff.
and yea i hope this shit whill be taking care of soon.
cya on s2!

most servers do a rolling back up no ? ( dedicated racing servers at the least )

if not, nows not a bad time to configure it
meanwhile, moving over my new house waiting for a new provider to connect me up....

damn what i was missing ... that's serious !!!:chair:
hm 2days and still hes driving around,
sad that cheaters can do wat they want
Yeah.. Keep feeding this guy. That works really nice.

Sigh.

Ignore.. Its not that hard or what?
#49 - pmw
Seems that blocking cheater is fast as game developement itself. Sad though having kid like this in public servers.
Quote from cargame.nl :Yeah.. Keep feeding this guy. That works really nice.

Sigh.

Ignore.. Its not that hard or what?

now its 1 and wen there are more still ignore?
no dont think so, cant be hard to ban or block cheaters.
or maybe scawen orso need to get some info from the guys of Omerta :P
how to deal wiht hackers and cheaters begause they can and it doesnt take 2days
This thread is closed

Ban this guy please [hacker using no username]
(333 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG