The online racing simulator
Quote from hanzime :And back online.. Thx for fixing it.... why o why does this frequently happen during the weekends. Again our race was gone.. again a very bad advertising for or league...

And of course Dean can not warn us in advance if it happens all of the sudden.. But he could at least let us know we've lost our server..or give us a backup server for that period..

I guess that this year alone we've missed out 3 races due to server down issues.

There were at least two events during the downtime that were directly affected by this, but were able to secure a backup server to allow the events to progress without interruption. Surely you can arrange a backup on a different provider, or in extreme emergency, someone who has a fast AND stable connection to host a server on their machine?

Quote from misiek08 :I still can't understand ppl sitting in 500servers. So many problem with server, very often server go down..

500servers has been the most reliable / best provider for a while in LFS, the troubles are fairly recent in relative terms. Other providers have come and gone, had quirks / issues / etc that are deal-breakers, or are too expensive.

If you want better uptime, generally you have to pay more for the required hardware / people. It comes back to "you get what you pay for" and to be honest, it's rare that any of my events have been cancelled or postponed due to server issues, and only a small bit more common that the server issue forces a red flag to allow people to reconnect and rejoin.
I have own server (look at my footer). The main server is very cheap, so I can give very small price/slot. There wasn't any downtime except my maintenance.
I find it very impolite to continuously do this kind of shizzle in this thread. If you would have done that in one of my topics I would have told you to f* off.

Already arranged deko a sponsered backup server, like I did before for some others.. During outages.. So there is not really a problem.
Quote from cargame.nl :I find it very impolite to continuously do this kind of shizzle in this thread. If you would have done that in one of my topics I would have told you to f* off.

Already arranged deko a sponsered backup server, like I did before for some others.. During outages.. So there is not really a problem.

very kind of you, I agree... People who don't even rent from Dean are just grilling him because they can. 500servers when I first purchased was awesome, it may have gotten a little unreliable but Dean has been working on fixing everything asap. when breaks happen. The only complaint I had, I PM'd to Dean so he can address it privately. That said I renewed my yearly subscription again today
edit: my server is up, so idk if its only one box that is suffering... (im on .141)
Could not connect to the master monitor.
&
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

i mean.. whats goin on ??

=server is down AGAIN!!!
Nothing new.
error saying --> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I hope we'll get some free months, this is absolutely not OK for paying sth.
We need the server online back as fast as possible.
Just got this from the NOC, hope to get some more information soon.

Quote :This morning our transit provider suffered an outage due to a DDOS attack on an IP addresses routed in there network.

This was done on your .144 IP as a result our provider has null routed the IP until further notice. They can see the traffic is still around and it has been null routed right out of there network.

This is still being investigated and hopefully I will have a further update for you soon.

If anyone needs a server for an event let me know, mine is up and running and I will be happy to lend it out jut let me know.
I also have other servers available if anybody feels they require a temporary server whilst this is being resolved. Please PM me with your 500control username if you require a temporary server.
Quote from Mustangman759 :If anyone needs a server for an event let me know, mine is up and running and I will be happy to lend it out jut let me know.

I hope Dean will get it online our create some backup for us otherwise I would love to use it at Sunday evening at 20.30 CET. Until 22.30 mac CET.

THX for the offer !

@ DEAN.. why o why always during the weekends
I can honestly say its purely bad luck that problems seem to appear coming up to the weekends,

As stated i do have alternative machines if you would like a temp server setup,
Thanks to the **** who is ddosing a small community's game servers.
Have a nice day
Quote from franky500 :I can honestly say its purely bad luck that problems seem to appear coming up to the weekends,

As stated i do have alternative machines if you would like a temp server setup,

Hi Dean,

I would need a online server at Sunday evening at 20.30 CET to have our open summer race.
if possible server name : liveforspeed.be I gues you can send me the admin password with mail ? admin AT liveforspeed.be

Thanks Hanziboy
Admin Liveforspeed.be
I will get this sorted for you asap Hanzime,
For some reason both the 141 server and the webserver have also gone offline, I am still trying to make contact with this provider but they have yet to get back to me since Friday night.

I can only apologise for this right now and work on getting things on the new servers A.S.A.P so please accept my apologies if i do not get back to tickets / emails immediately.
I wish you good luck!
Quote from franky500 :For some reason both the 141 server and the webserver have also gone offline, I am still trying to make contact with this provider but they have yet to get back to me since Friday night.

I can only apologise for this right now and work on getting things on the new servers A.S.A.P so please accept my apologies if i do not get back to tickets / emails immediately.

We appreciate you swapping suppliers for our benefit also.
Thank You for your support guys, It has helped to make a long tedious job bearable.

All LFS Servers have now been installed, Please login to 500control.co.uk and update your servers configuration with your preferred settings (name / passwords etc).

Unfortunately you will also need to re-install any insim applications you want to use, For LFSLapper and Airio the option to install is still on the control panel If you wish to use a custom insim, please open a support ticket and attach your insim file, As i have still yet to hear from the (now old) transit provider about getting network access back i do not know how long it will be before the backup files will be available to transfer over, I am hoping tomorrow is the answer.

I have to say i understand now about how it feels to be on the other side of the fence when something is wrong and you don't even get a response (even if that response is "I Don't Know Anything!" it's certainly better than nothing), So for that i do now understand the frustrations that many of you have gone through when i have not gotten back to you sooner on issues and will try to respond sooner in the future.

Thanks to everybody for your patience, I will update here again regardless of if i get a response or not by 3PM BST.

For anybody with webhosting from me, If you have kept your own backups and want me to setup your account to restore your site please PM me, Otherwise i will get everything restored as soon as possible.

For anybody with Teamspeak if the backup cannot be restored by tomorrow evening new instances of your TS3 will be added for you to use.
As promised, a quick update,

I still have not received any word from the supplier, Although i have now contacted the DataCenter general support team and am waiting to see if they can do anything to help the situation along. If nothing else they might at least be able to give me some information.

For now that's all i have i'm afraid. I'll give another post in 3 - 4 hours.
Regarding my web-hosting, would I need to make any changes with my registrar for DNS reasons? Realised I've not given you anything in ages, once it's back up expect another charitable donation your way.
The nameservers are still ns1500servers.net and ns2.500servers.net

Unless you have to add an IP to your registrar for these settings aswell it should just come back on!

Otherwise the ips are:

109.70.149.238 ns1.500servers.net
109.70.149.239 ns2.500servers.net
Another quick update.

Although i have not had a response from the supplier yet, I have had a response from the Datacenter who have now also contacted the supplier and he now appears to be in communication with the Datacenter on the issue, so we shall see if we get a resolution soon.

Thanks again for your patience everybody.
Quote from franky500 :I also have other servers available if anybody feels they require a temporary server whilst this is being resolved. Please PM me with your 500control username if you require a temporary server.

I have PM'd you several times and you haven't even bothered to read them at all. I transferred my tickets to here as directed and I still have no response from you Dean.

You may remember that I am trying to rent an RF2 server from you and that the Schumie server is not being used now. I also asked you if you can transfer my rental to the RF2 server I haven't got - No reply's to that either?
Sorry Dave. When this thread usually gets nothing but abuse thrown at it, Usually be people who are not even customers, It makes it a place that i would ignore in the past. In the future i'll just ask one of the other mods to moderate this thread so that i can help those who actually need it.

Give me 24 hours and i'll get the RF2 access fixed and server online for you.
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG