The online racing simulator
Quote from cargame.nl :Together with night racing (not hard to create is it? Just turn of the lights). And some server management improvements.

O rry, that simple? How do you propose they fix the car headlights to actually show where the driver is going? Turn the lights up?

What about in a 32 multiplayer server, trying to keep FPS at a playable level for the people with **** computers. 32 cars with their own lights being drawn on a track. The lag would drive you insane.

Oh and how do they light the track if the lights are off? Turn the lights back on again?
Quote from azasmith14 : O rry, that simple? How do you propose they fix the car headlights to actually show where the driver is going? Turn the lights up?

What about in a 32 multiplayer server, trying to keep FPS at a playable level for the people with **** computers. 32 cars with their own lights being drawn on a track. The lag would drive you insane.

Oh and how do they light the track if the lights are off? Turn the lights back on again?

Thank you.
Quote from azasmith14 :...

Other sims do it, and they are playable. And btw, how shitty must those computer be, that in these days, couldnt run LFS with some light shaders?? If developers keep worrying about LFS running in crap computers, then they are limiting the potencial of the game and its future patchs ( if there are indeed any ). Im not saying to turn it into some kind of GT5 graphics, just saying aiming that low wouldnt be good. Night and rain should be a priority in LFS ( i mean in the long way, next to the tyre physics ).But meanwhile, this ( and heres my 2 cents about this subject ) :

There was a time where "we" could accept the developers idea of only releasing new content when the tyre phisics where ready, but i think that time is long gone. Now, i dont know if its a matter of pride, or just stuburness ( is that correctly written?? ) of the developers , but the fact remains, ppl are fed up with this impatience waiting!!! To be honest , the Scavier team should be all eyes and ears for the comunnity, because im not sure they even deserve such dedicated comunity as this one. All ppl want is new tracks and maybe one or other new car once in a while....why not give it to them just to keep them satisfied? why risk losing users with a gigantic waiting period? Im not saying to abandon tire phisics, they are more then welcome!!! but meanwhile, why not continue the development of ONE OF THE BEST SIM EVER???

What makes LFS good are the phisics, they have that already, why do they have to delay everything just to make the phisics even better??

SCAVIER, if you guys are "listening" to the comunity, just do the right thing, after all , they f***ing deserve it!!
Quote from JBiturbo :Other sims do it, and they are playable. And btw, how shitty must those computer be, that in these days, couldnt run LFS with some light shaders?? If developers keep worrying about LFS running in crap computers, then they are limiting the potencial of the game and its future patchs ( if there are indeed any ). Im not saying to turn it into some kind of GT5 graphics, just saying aiming that low wouldnt be good. Night and rain should be a priority in LFS ( i mean in the long way, next to the tyre physics ).But meanwhile, this ( and heres my 2 cents about this subject ) :

There was a time where "we" could accept the developers idea of only releasing new content when the tyre phisics where ready, but i think that time is long gone. Now, i dont know if its a matter of pride, or just stuburness ( is that correctly written?? ) of the developers , but the fact remains, ppl are fed up with this impatience waiting!!! To be honest , the Scavier team should be all eyes and ears for the comunnity, because im not sure they even deserve such dedicated comunity as this one. All ppl want is new tracks and maybe one or other new car once in a while....why not give it to them just to keep them satisfied? why risk losing users with a gigantic waiting period? Im not saying to abandon tire phisics, they are more then welcome!!! but meanwhile, why not continue the development of ONE OF THE BEST SIM EVER???

What makes LFS good are the phisics, they have that already, why do they have to delay everything just to make the phisics even better??

SCAVIER, if you guys are "listening" to the comunity, just do the right thing, after all , they f***ing deserve it!!

Do you experience loading times?
BooHoo if you do.
Open config was a nice release and great improvement, but it wasn't that major in comparison to something else they could have released. The updates have been very minimal for a long time now, we are very overdue for a big release.
Quote from edge3147 :Open config was a nice release and great improvement, but it wasn't that major in comparison to something else they could have released. The updates have been very minimal for a long time now, we are very overdue for a big release.

Open configs and tweak have made it interesting again.
Quote from edge3147 :Open config was a nice release and great improvement, but it wasn't that major in comparison to something else they could have released. The updates have been very minimal for a long time now, we are very overdue for a big release.

IIRC the open config mode was more or less a development of less than a month. Someone in the Dev team had the idea to test the games render engine with some slight changes and it surprisingly worked rather good(i.e instead of "render everything 500m in front of the car in direction of choosen combo" we have "render everything in the direction the car is pointing") It was a spontaneous idea and not on their LFS dev route map.
Quote from azasmith14 : O rry, that simple?

Really that simple yes. If you can not do it, just say it and don't sit silently in a corner.
Quote from ACCAkut :IIRC the open config mode was more or less a development of less than a month. Someone in the Dev team had the idea to test the games render engine with some slight changes and it surprisingly worked rather good(i.e instead of "render everything 500m in front of the car in direction of choosen combo" we have "render everything in the direction the car is pointing") It was a spontaneous idea and not on their LFS dev route map.

I think the story went like this:

Victor asked for a feature (probably free cam in Shift+U), and then Scawen, working to implement that feature realised he could then make the open configs (beacuse there is no limit of 500 in open configs).
Quickly skimmed through the thread so forgive me for repeating points and/or missing the point entirely.

Havent played lfs for quite a while now (hopped on occasionally, nothing major) and to still see we're stuck where we are with zero updates and very little communication from devs is, in my own opinion(!) not giving me much hope. Scawen/Scavier, if any of you are out there, I think its time to drop the super secrecy act. We all want a big surprise for S3 or god forbid, the rallypack, but our last big update was a little over a year ago.

Now I cant mentions facts and specifics, since I have no evidence but surely this cannot be good for business? Currently I see ~860 users online and looking on LFSWorld that seems to be a kind of peak? Can anyone tell me how that reflects to say this time last year?

Seriously, just some form of update. Even if its just "We're still here dont panic!"
Come on devs, just a sign of life, PLEASE!
Quote from Omar1 :Come on devs, just a sign of life, PLEASE!

Yes, please close thread. I can't read this anymore :twirl:
Holidays

25.06.2005: Release of the Live for Speed S2 Alpha (7 year)
02.07.2008: 0.5Z - New interiors for some cars, physics parameter updates, replay controls, demo licencing, and more langauge translations (4 year)
17.07.2003: 0.3A - S1 (9 year)
=============================================
18.08.2002: A user of the West Racing forum finds the demo test 0.04k on the internet and spreads the word about LFS (10 year, jubilee)
LFS = Left Frequently Suspended?? amirite?
its nice and warm outside
Happy day this patch 0.5Z!!
It's not dead, Lynce is keeping it alive. Yes, right at this moment.
Quote from Mysho :It's not dead, Lynce is keeping it alive. Yes, right at this moment.

Too bad he is not a developer. He is doing a far better job than Eric ever did.

No offence to either Eric or the other developer, but how come they don't see talented people like Lynce?
Quote from Bose321 :Too bad he is not a developer. He is doing a far better job than Eric ever did.

No offence to either Eric or the other developer, but how come they don't see talented people like Lynce?

Oh common, you can't even begin to compare creating the whole track from scratch to what lynce is doing. It got mentioned countless times that content is there it's just waiting for the physics to finally reach a good level, I don't think anybody is happy with the speed of development but just throwing random sentences out there wont make it any faster.
Quote from troy :Oh common, you can't even begin to compare creating the whole track from scratch to what lynce is doing. It got mentioned countless times that content is there it's just waiting for the physics to finally reach a good level, I don't think anybody is happy with the speed of development but just throwing random sentences out there wont make it any faster.

True. However "random sentences" are exaggerated obviously. Perhaps they need someone (like Lynce) for textures so Eric can focus on his high poly tracks and cars.
Quote from Omar1 :liar!

No ! its really hot here in slovakia, today it was like 33 degree and i thought im gonna faint in my non a/c car... Gotta install it soon.
btw my point was that you all should stop bitching and get some air instead
Quote from mrocht :snippity snip snip snip

Well here its raining + we go outside, and have lives, just we are passionate about this game, and want more out of it!

[Merged] Discussion regarding LFS development
(1577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG