The online racing simulator
Who says we need real world tracks? I think the fictional tracks are much more fun because nobody has ever seen them or raced on them. The cars, okay I agree, real cars would be great to have.
I agree as well that more fictive tracks was the way to go in short term. How about a "summer pack" or some name like it and sell it 5pounds with two new tracks. Fictive because Scawen expressed concern about lap times being not close to the real deal on Rockingham so that would solve it
That would certainly ease the pain before S3.
While scawen works on the tyres, Eric could do a few tracks, don't see the problem there .
Quote from Skytrill :Fictive because Scawen expressed concern about lap times being not close to the real deal on Rockingham so that would solve it

Doesn't matter does it. It are all fictive cars now anyway.

Apart from FBM, MRT, RAC but who still drive this for real and cares about lap timing which is real or not...

First purpose of driving the track with a simulator is to know the track better.
Quote from col :
The issue here is that people feel that because they bought a great game that was excellent value, somehow, they are owed something by the devs, and are demanding information about some future product that may never happen, or it may who knows.

Not everyone who is disappointed feels that way. Some of us only want to see LFS to keep growing and finally achieve the full potential of the amazing engine it has. There are two ways for an unfinished game (which LFS clearly is) to stay interesting, either continuos updates from the developers, OR full modding support so the community can keep themself occupied while the developers do their thing. All we need are the tools to do that. Leave the game engine development (physics, weather, graphics etc) for the developers, and let the community take care of the optional downloadable user created content (cars, tracks).

I do agree with you that LFS has been the best damn money I've ever spent on any software, sadly that isn't the problem here.
Quote from cargame.nl :Doesn't matter does it. It are all fictive cars now anyway.

Apart from FBM, MRT, RAC but who still drive this for real and cares about lap timing which is real or not...

First purpose of driving the track with a simulator is to know the track better.

Would one trust an application that pretends to simulate cars if the laptimes would be 20 seconds over on an accurate virtual replica? I'm sure lots of people would raise an eyebrow if the gap would be significant vs reality. It's one of those things that gives credibility to a sim I guess. I agree that knowing the track better is the first goal in mind but it's not the only one, cause Rockingham would have been released years ago if the devs would only have this objective (learning tracks better). They must have their pride and they didn't want to release a track if it didn't felt close to the real deal. Just my opinion btw....
Is LFS Development dead? When was the last time a patch released? When I re-installed LFS a couple a months ago, I didn't see any real differences from four years ago with the exception of the two beemers.
I have no real complaints since I got what I paid for. But if the development isn't dead, it sure is moving mighty slow. I dunno. Maybe the devs should hire one more person.... no not some computer geek. Too many cooks spoil the supper. No they need to think out side of the box. The computer box that is. What they need is a motivational speaker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWvgcQBt8mc
Quote from DeKo :You're full of shit, are you really trying to say that it is so out of order for Scawen to take 5 minutes of his time and write a paragraph to all the people who gave him a shit load of money?

Agreed, I don't see a big deal by taking 10-15 minutes of Dev's time...and letting us know on what's going on.
#710 - col
Quote from Speedster23 :I don't see a big deal by taking 10-15 minutes of Dev's time...and letting us know on what's going on.

I don't think anyone here sees that as a big deal. It's just DeKo's desperate straw man argument.
Simple to understand.

Scawen is a hippie, he doesn't need money.

Scawen reached his max level of physics and math knowledge, he can't go ahead.

Scawen doesn't give a shit for what community think about him, he has a life to live.

So, S3 is dead, and S2 is still alive just because he forgot the server turned on in the basement.

Pray he doesn't forget to pay the electric bill...
The real question is: is there something new to say? I guess he's so deep in tyres math that the progress he would share to us would be quite hard to perceive for most people, myself included so they rather wait until there is something worth of mention such as: It's finally done.
This said.. I recall there was other avenues to improve with this patch such as suspension improvements, better A.I., more realistic setups and I would love to know if these things has been done. The limited setup feature alone would have already improved the online races alot by giving closer races.

Oh and.. bashing the devs won't help making LFS any better. Play something else if LFS bores you. It's not a religion it's just a game that you bought.
Quote from Skytrill :It's not a religion it's just a game that you bought.

Oh sir, it sure is a religion.

Praise the lord, and pass the ammunition.... Oh holy LFS.. I wanna drive, I wanna drive on the road of Rockingham, praise the lord Scawen, and pass the ammunition. Oh holy Eric, I wanna drive a new car, on the roads of Rockingham, Praise the lord, and pass the ammunition....

Ugh, Col, u twisted my words and layed a new law worse then a politician...
Im not saying anything bad, im not saying the devs owes us anything, im not... Theres nothing that is negative with some comunication!
And this just goes on and on...
Some are angry and talk a bunch of shit about the devs, some are trying to get their heads up the devs asses and devotes so much nonsense talk about our(the rats) infringement on the devs poor little privacy... Like we are pestering their life by asking small simple questions... I laugh at that idea. Especially after 3+ years...

Status so far:
Non involved people are saying hear-says about stuff they dont know.
Other people are cursing the smug devs.
Nothing of worth will come out of these kind of threads until scawen adresses the masses...

Want some fries with that, sir?
Scawen, I want this new patches!
Quote from col :I don't think anyone here sees that as a big deal. It's just DeKo's desperate straw man argument.

Yet again, you're full of shit. Do you even know what a straw man argument is? Let me ask you for your personal opinion, do you really think it's so out of order for the dev to take 5 minutes and write something?

You contradict yourself in every post. Why are you arguing, do you not want an update from the devs, or S3, or any updates at all?
Sorry me guys and Dev's

Attached images
Sca_s3.jpg
Quote from DeKo :...Let me ask you for your personal opinion, do you really think it's so out of order for the dev to take 5 minutes and write something?...

i have to agree with Skytrill: is there really need for scawen to take 5 minutes to write something? is there really something to write about? after all, he did say that he's working on math mainly, and while that might be interesting for programmers, it's not much of a report really, since most of us wouldn't understand it, and there wouldn't be any "ooh that looks fabulous"
You not pester this? 4 year, we hear your this fantasy... pfff
Quote from colonio :i have to agree with Skytrill: is there really need for scawen to take 5 minutes to write something? is there really something to write about? after all, he did say that he's working on math mainly, and while that might be interesting for programmers, it's not much of a report really, since most of us wouldn't understand it, and there wouldn't be any "ooh that looks fabulous"

4 years of almost complete silence, there damn sure better be something to write about.
Quote from edge3147 :4 years of almost complete silence, there damn sure better be something to write about.

You've only experienced 2 years of those. And bought the product as it was. You got no real update since, but no1 else even those who already place since 2002/3/4 or so.

Sure I was used to regular updates since from 2002 to like 2006 there where many updates. Patch Y was nice when clutch wear, engine wear, FBM, SO6 etc.

And now looking back after buying it in 2007, I think I already got more than what I payed for, even if I just experienced just few updates since I bought it.

I was used to buying games, and receiving a few bug fix updates with usually no new content. And the fact that we are actually waiting for Tyre-physics, VWS, ROC & more... just makes me more eager to wait.
Quote from edge3147 :4 years of almost complete silence, there damn sure better be something to write about.

^^^^^^^^^^^

There have been two annual progress reports, a 0.6B patch and some other bits of info throughout the years.

You people just don't get it, do you? Development a mathematical model of a tire and turning it into a computer algorithm is NOT interesting for anybody who doesn't have a college degree in mathematics, physics and programming.

almost, exactly
almost complete silence, because there isn't much to show/talk about, as MadCatX pointed out. Scawen told you (and us) what's going on, what he's working on, what more do you need? a pic of him reading books? doing maths?

and about Erics work, that was explained aswell in a report, call it bad choice, bad managment or however you want, it still was explained

[Merged] Discussion regarding LFS development
(1577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG