The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
You can test the tracks and the cars for free with that though so it is not useless if you are a member and have been thinking about getting those cars/tracks...
Well, you can if you can actually get into the servers
So much BS with the QA site
Ford GT drives like it's in rFactor. And it's super sensitive

On the oval front, only the Americans could take a go-kart and a buggy, give them ENORMOUS engines then think it's a good idea to drive them around ovals. The Silver Crown and the Sprint Car are INSANE!!
Quote from J@tko :Ford GT drives like it's in rFactor. And it's super sensitive

On the oval front, only the Americans could take a go-kart and a buggy, give them ENORMOUS engines then think it's a good idea to drive them around ovals. The Silver Crown and the Sprint Car are INSANE!!

Yeah the FGT is very sensitive. No matter what 'fixes' I try for the steering, it still dosnt feel right. If there was more participation, Id give the GT and Vette a go every now and again.

And yes the Silver Crown and Sprint Car are insane, but I had a blast driving the Sprint Car at Oulton.

Best fun I had of the QA is the Lotus@Oulton though. That was a freaking blast.
Anyone got a road course setup for the Chevy SS 2009?
Quote from J@tko :On the oval front, only the Americans could take a go-kart and a buggy, give them ENORMOUS engines then think it's a good idea to drive them around ovals. The Silver Crown and the Sprint Car are INSANE!!

Sprint Car racing is some of the best fun I've had on iRacing.

Not only the cars are tough and challenging beasts, but the people racing in that series are great. Very sensible, very clean and respectuous. Totally different from the iR oval racing stereotypes.
Anyone signed up for the 120mins of Thunder or that thing?

Well, I did, and I want to know how do the wear in the tyres works on iRacing, because seriously I don't know how to see how much wear I have left or when I have to change tyres and stuff... it's gonna be my first "endurance" race on iRacing and I'd like to know any helpful tips.

thanks
Well you can't actually check what the tire wear is live when racing. In all honesty I don't think you will have to worry about tires. Just drive a test stint and see if your tires get a bit icey. If they do then maybe cap your stint length there.

Also, what car are you actually driving in it?
Yeah Im signed up from about a month ago. I'm in the Caddy.

I just want to finish the race as cleanly as possible. Hopefully I can qual in the TopSplit also.
Quote from PMD9409 :
Also, what car are you actually driving in it?

I'm with the Daytona Prototype... should be fun.
Not that I'm defending iPay, but I'll just leave this here: 2FMSH
Quote from Sobis :Not that I'm defending iPay, but I'll just leave this here: 2FMSH

This has been discussed to death already. It's not 2FMSH, it doesn't even resemble it, and it doesn't snap him instantly straight like iRacing.

For a start, he had a flat RR tyre, which threw it in the spin in the first place. Yes, Senna has slammed the brakes, but the rear wheels aren't spinning, the car isn't revving up, it isn't 2FMSH. Slamming the brakes and locking the front's is always going to pull the car round somewhat, but nowhere near the extent that iRacing does. Anyway, if you get a car into the shape Senna got a car into, 2FMSH wouldn't even rescue it in iRacing.
New memberships are half off for the entire month of July. We have never run a sale like this before, so now is the time to give iRacing a try. Already a member? Forward this email to a friend.

Now through July 31st::

1-month membership only $6 - regularly $12
3-month membership only $15 - regularly $30
1-year membership only $49.50 - regularly $99
2-year membership only $89.50 - regularly $179

Visit www.iracing.com/half-off/ and get signed up today.

*Offer valid on new accounts only. Limit one per customer. Offer expires 7/31/2012.

Remember to put down someone's email as a referrer if you sign up for 3 months or more
can anyone help me, since my new pc I´ve got a skew problem. Sometimes it´s green, but most of the times its orange or red.

I also have the problem that my iracing skips some screens and then everythings is moving slower. It´s weird as hell
The 'P' bar is usually to do with the memory sliders in the graphics options. I can't remember exactly, but I have the GPU slider slightly lower than the amount of GPU Ram I have, then it's all about playing with the RAM slider. I have mine set to 1200, even though I have 4GB. My P bar almost never goes into the colours and is usually empty, you just have to fine tune the memory sliders. It all depends on how much RAM you have, but keep lowering it until the P bar shows only grey. That could also explain the skipping.
thank you, will try now
I found this Cadillac Cup deal for new members https://cadillaccupracing.com/
6 months for free and you also get mid ohio, mosport and infinion, they are giving for free a $104 value
now there is no excuse for not trying iracing

and I would be very thankful if you could enter my email as referral: zretil@yahoo.fr
Good find.

I went through the Cadillac registration process, to check out the legitimity and got one code in the process, so if you don't want to register there, send me PM, if you want the code, i'll give it to you, in return i ask referring me in your account too.
Anyone did the World Cup today? I wanted to but I was out all day.
Well obviously its not 100% serious. Voice is though.
Yes, iRacing losers are one big troll.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG