The online racing simulator
Quote from MAGGOT :Ugh, Scion? I want the BRZ!

And I've never liked TRM, either. I don't much like most of the Asian tracks in general, to be honest.

I won't be buying it, because GT Academy had it for free, so why not us? It is probably just GT4 port, so the quality won't be top notch anyway.
Quote from Kid222 :I won't be buying it, because GT Academy had it for free, so why not us? It is probably just GT4 port, so the quality won't be top notch anyway.

What do you mean: "us"? You mean gt5 players?
Well I suppose they could mirror the 350z + one configuration into gt5, but I don't really see the point of that. You can't truly compare the limited usage that gtacademy gives with full implementation into gt5.
Spa was worth buying, only dlc I have bought, I'll probably buy this too.
Quote from sinbad :What do you mean: "us"? You mean gt5 players?
Well I suppose they could mirror the 350z + one configuration into gt5, but I don't really see the point of that. You can't truly compare the limited usage that gtacademy gives with full implementation into gt5.
Spa was worth buying, only dlc I have bought, I'll probably buy this too.

Yeah, i meant GT5 players. I know it won't work this way, but.. it just feels weird. At least they could charge a bit less for it, in case if it's just port or add something else, like in the Spa pack.
I'm looking forward for the comparsion video of GT4/5 Motegi.
Quote from Kid222 :Yeah, i meant GT5 players. I know it won't work this way, but.. it just feels weird. At least they could charge a bit less for it, in case if it's just port or add something else, like in the Spa pack.
I'm looking forward for the comparsion video of GT4/5 Motegi.

Yeah. The big difference for me is that Spa is new to the series. It's a bit like if Laguna wasn't in there at launch. Paying for things you feel should have been there anyway is a but painful, however cheap.

It's only the fact that gt5 is one of the few games I actually play that makes me consider it. Plus I bought a psn voucher that hasn't been used since Spa dlc!
Personally I am not buying any of those DLCs simply because they add so little usable content. There are no new a-spec races and no new seasonals for them. And the new tracks are extremely rarely used online as well. Other than hotlapping and racing against totally useless ai in arcade mode I really do not see any reason why to get them.

E: and new 4wd seasonals. Time to maximise the performance difference adjustment bonus!
Quote from lukelfs :Drive on comfort or sport tyres only. sport hards are great fun! All aids off, G25 + clutch + H-Shifter.. Damage max, offtrack/wet = real..

Yup. I was driving the '89 FC RX7 today on Comfort Hards and it was a blast! If the devs just put the right tires on the cars in the first place it'd be a lot more fun... if you want your car to have realistic levels of grip (and laptime), you will be completely uncompetitive with the AI in a lot of circumstances unless you're iStig.

Sports tires are practically racing tires and the racing tires are... magnets, evidently. Although some of the higher end cars with Sports Hards are fairly realistic, like the 458 and the GTR. Some of the cars you have to bring down to Comfort Medium to get them to make reasonably realistic lap times! Like the Audi R8 4.2, and the 2010 WRX STi.
Is there a way of disabling the engine sound fading when you are close to another car? Is extremelly annoying the fact that the sound of your engine mutes and you only hear the other car, can't realize when to shift :hbomb:
Are we racing today?
Thats the plan, if we manage to gather some people.
I don't think it's happening tonight, can't see a reasonable amount of lfs'ers up for it and not feeling like gt5 tonight. If you need a server I gladly turn on the ps3 though.
Nah. I'll go shoot some tanks then.
Great game, amount of premium content is pretty much what I would expect after 6 years, cockpits in standard cars dont look bad or artificial, definetelly better than some halfassed, low res cockpit inside as a placeholder, in any case they are not immersion breakers.
I just hate speed steering lock with DS3, and I have no place to mount my DFGT atm.

If something I dont really like how car goes in straight line when you floor the throttle, come one even GTA IV have this part modelled.
Also drifting, I never drifted in RL so have no experience to compare to but drifts in GT are too easy, otherwise the cars behave very natural especially on comfort or sport tires.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :
I just hate speed steering lock with DS3, and I have no place to mount my DFGT atm.

May I suggest you to tweak value for "Controller steering sensitivity" if you didn't already...?
That was one of the first things I altered, sadly there is no such setting for speed steering lock.
My bad then. Got a DS3 since 2 days.
...Being also not able to use my wheel (dfp) on a decent stand (except a 30 cm low table), so tried the pad for a change... I agree the steering range is a bit "weird".
The worst thing is, if you lose grip at high speed or try high speed drifting, since the higher the speed the less your wheels will turn either catching grip or drifting become difficult plus forced smoothing (Something similar like analogue smoothing in LFS, so its not just steering sensitivity)

But otherwise the game is fun, drifting feels great (Look also), tons of cars and tracks, even standard cars behave very well, graphics are not bad, tracks and cars look really well, cities look alive (Nice change from South City which look like a perfect place for walking dead ), doesnt really make me aaaawwww like previous GT but I doubt there is a game that will do it for me.
Sometimes there are moments that GT5 look close or even better than real life

Currently playing seasonal events plus 200% bonus to cr and exp, I am richer than Rockefeller
Imo, DS3 is easy, I have no problems at all with the steering.

What excatly do You mean with the speed sensitive steering? Is it too fast, or too slow?
I guess he's talking about the "adaptive" steer lock (which seems speed related) when steering with DS3... since first I tried the game with a wheel & had the same feeling when using the pad... but I may be wrong
Probably not happening today (anymore?)?
Quote from Hyperactive :Probably not happening today (anymore?)?

Troy is busy DayZing lately, so nope.. and myself would probably stay out of it too.
Stay out of it? Sounds kind of bad
GT academy news;

My3id member David Williams makes it through the UK & Ireland national final.

"The six winning gamers were, in order from first to sixth:

1. Des Foley (GTP_Dessy)
2. Thomas Gibson (GTP_Rutter200)
3. Dan Glover (Dantastic-_-)
4. Jack O’Neill (Jackcerracing)
5. David Williams (My3id_Dave)
6. István Demes (DemesGT)"

source

congrats
Good stuff David.
Quote from Hyperactive :Stay out of it? Sounds kind of bad

Bah, poor choice of words at late hours (for me).

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG