The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Right I'm considering getting a year's sub with the current offer ($30 credit) then buying some Class C content, what I'm thinking is:

- Skip Barber
- Mustang
- Mid-Ohio
- Road Atlanta
- Oulton Park
- Watkins Glen

Basically looking for tracks/cars that are used fairly often and fairly easy to drive, not really into oval racing too much, may buy some of that later. Are those any good for a start?
I'd exchange one and pick rather very popular oval instead. Its a solid start.
Road Class C has nothing to do with Ovals though.. So I wouldn't touch Ovals
Quote from bbman :I really can't tell if you're intentionally being thick, but I assume you still haven't read a single post in the thread over at the iRacing forums... I will try one last time, after that you're on your own...

Locked wheels means torque has long since been applied. It also means it's the strongest force and cancels out any other coming from either road or driveshaft. The fact that it overpowered the tractive capabilities of the tyres also means it's quite constant. As I said, propulsion force would be immediately negated if you tried to apply it (and your engine would die), so the only reaction of the suspension could be to bumps and undulations in the track.

I am not being thick but try to analyze the effect to pick the cause.
In specifc car, like rear engined RWD with very light front you will get weight shift and understeer with locked front wheels and heavy throttle.

Please start LFS, press F and look at forces. Get FZ50 with soft, grippy rear and stiff (rebound especially), ungrippy front. With such understeer setup you should achieve the result.
Jack, wait until the end of the current 12 week season so you can see schedules which are going to be used for the next two seasons. Watkins Glen though is on basically every schedule, Mid-Ohio is a cost effective buy as well, but ultimately it depends on what cars you're buying and where you intend to go.
Quote from boothy :Jack, wait until the end of the current 12 week season so you can see schedules which are going to be used for the next two seasons. Watkins Glen though is on basically every schedule, Mid-Ohio is a cost effective buy as well, but ultimately it depends on what cars you're buying and where you intend to go.

Ok thanks. On Week 7 now yeah?
Yep week 7.
Don't think I'll resubscribe for a while but I'll be happy to try it again once they sort their shitty physics out.
Have you guys been watching the iracing dwc road races on psrtv? I haven't really followed it this season but on the last season some of the races were pretty good to watch? So have the races on this year been good? Which ones would be worth watching?
http://www.psrtv.com/archive/index.php

I've only watched the opening rounds in watkins, zandy and indy. I'm downloading road america now but I have no idea if it is worth watching.

Please do not spoil with results thx.
PSRTV suck absolute ****. They really fail at broadcasting.
If you go here: http://www.iracing.com/live/ you can view a stream of previous races by clicking on archive, so you don't need to wait for them to download. As for which races are best to watch, they are all fairly equal in excitement tbh.
Quote from DaveWS :If you go here: http://www.iracing.com/live/ you can view a stream of previous races by clicking on archive, so you don't need to wait for them to download. As for which races are best to watch, they are all fairly equal in excitement tbh.

Looks nice! Thanks for the linky.
iRacingTV Episode 13

Hello to the British, as you are now also getting (with addition to Donington) Croft, Thruxton, Snetterton, and Mallory Park. Don't believe me? That's what it says at 1:45 into the episode.

Makes for a good BTCC series with the Civic coming out as well.

Also a flagman. League enhancements in the next build. Driver swaps will not be.
Quote from PMD9409 :iRacingTV Episode 13

Hello to the British, as you are now also getting (with addition to Donington) Croft, Thruxton, Snetterton, and Mallory Park. Don't believe me? That's what it says at 1:45 into the episode.

Also a flagman. League enhancements in the next build. Driver swaps will not be.

It's a shame the physics are so terrible else i would be totally wet now.
Quote from baSh0r :It's a shame the physics are so terrible else i would be totally wet now.

Sad but true

Fear not! Assetto Corsa should save the day...
Yeah it is sad to know that's how it is. They have potential to do great, but lack in the most important aspect.
Quote from PMD9409 :iRacingTV Episode 13

One guy in the forum seems to be more excited about a flagman than the tracks......

EDIT: Obviously American.....
Quote from J@tko :Right I'm considering getting a year's sub with the current offer ($30 credit)

Here are my pics of my cars what I have driven for a while now. They do have nice tracks, lot of drivers and always awesome clean racing.
I recommend especially Star Mazda, would like to see you on track!

-
(NSX_FReeDoM) DELETED by NSX_FReeDoM
nsx, was that a phishing site?
It's on the iracing main site as well:
Quote :We have scheduled a QA test for this Saturday 6/23 and we need your help!

We are testing a new environment at http://staging.iracing.com and the way to help is to login to the alternate site and use iRacing exactly as you normally would. We'll have some sessions up, with the main event at 20:00 GMT featuring the Lotus 79 at Twin Ring Motegi (Oval) but you can race any of the content we will have available including New Smyrna, Kentucky, Oulton Park, Twin Ring, the Silver Crown, Sprint Car, Ford GT, Lotus 79 and the '09 Class B Impala.

The alternate environment will be available for testing begining at 14:00 GMT on 6.23.12 through 14:00 GMT on 6.24.12.

The best part is when you log in (using your normal user id and password) you will find $200 iRacing credits in your account. You'll need to 'purchase' any content you wish to use (using the credits). You can also use the credits for hosted session if you like. Keep in mind that anything you do on the alternate site - race, make purchases, etc, won't carry over to the regular member site (this means that unused credits won't carry over to members either).

As a way to thank you for helping with the test we will be awarding the prestigious and not often available iTested award to anyone who joins the main event on http://staging.iracing.com.

Remember, all you need to do is use the site like you normally use the member site.

Don't worry, the regular member site will be up and running with all of the regularly scheduled sessions - this test will be running concurrently.

Important Stuff:
Alternate URL - http://staging.iracing.com
Username and password - same as your regular members account
Time of test event - 14:00 GMT 6.23.12 - 14:00 GMT 6.24.12
Time of Main Event - 20:00 GMT
Your browser might complain about the sites certificate. As this is a test with no credit card information, you may ignore the warning.

*Members who createdtheir accounts after 6.13.12 are not eligble to participate in this test.

PS- The sporting code still applies and will be enforced.

Did he post some different link or what?
nope, same thing. I'm not sure why he deleted the message. I was thinking about resubscribing, but I'll just wait a few more months for them to iron out the physics a bit more.
Quote from Gabkicks :nope, same thing. I'm not sure why he deleted the message. I was thinking about resubscribing, but I'll just wait a few more months for them to iron out the physics a bit more.

well because that credit was only for that staging site. which is pretty much useless cause they only have like 4 tracks/cars.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG