The online racing simulator
Quote from deggis :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1721104#post1721104

I think the tweet is joke/exaggeration:

Anthony Davidson was taken to the circuit medical centre following his accident during the Le Mans 24 Hours. Doctors at the circuit have confirmed that Anthony is suffering from shock and back pain, however there are no signs of any injuries and he is walking and talking with no problems. He will be taken to a local hospital for precautionary checks but the team is relieved and happy to hear he is okay. Further updates will follow in due course.

http://www.toyotahybridracing. ... atement-anthony-davidson/

nope broken 11 and 12 vertebrae

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100446
Pescarolo with some air time going over the kerb entering start/finish.
Attached images
pescarolo13.jpg
Safety car, not sure what for because I only just turned it on.
Quote from Gougoodthing :Safety car, not sure what for because I only just turned it on.

Big crash of a single car, which even climbed up the to the catch fence down in porsche curves. Also there was a stationary Aston Martin.
any vid of the big crash? I saw the stationary audi.
Quote from Gougoodthing :any vid of the big crash? I saw the stationary audi.

SPEED must have shown replays, Eurosport didn't yet. But ACO just said that the driver is ok.
Quote from TFalke55 :SPEED must have shown replays.

Yeah, only place I saw it on. Basically lost it in the porsche curves (the first of the double left). Seemed to be a Porsche losing control on entry (or something broke) and he hit the wall with the left side of the car. Car hit hard enough to lift it abit and clip the catch fence. Quite a lot of debris over the fence and on the grass/track. Came to a rest next to the wall.

BTW, when I say clip the fence, I don't mean like the whole car, I just mean the front went up barely above the concrete wall and clip the fence.
Oh wow. I just woke up and Audi no. 1 in a bit of trouble.
Lolwut. What's flammable at the front? Fuel tank?? :O
Decided to do a small onboard of Audi while the sun comes up. Might have took a bit of a nap on accident and ended up with a 4 hour recording. Oh well, caught all the #1 drama with the onboard.

Uploading to YouTube with time codes to all the stuff that happen. Will just take another nap and hopefully be up for the finish (if my alarm wakes me).
Offtrack air time in the LMP2 meanwhile.
Attached images
LeMans40flies.jpg
Less than 3 hours to go,
2 Audi's hitting the wall in a few minutes time !

:O
audi
Dale Jr. caution... ehm... ups reflexes... debris caution.
The closing hours are always the craziest...
you can't laugh at drivers mistake, I would like to see you driving 250km/h with 3G forces on your neck after 21 hours of le mans.
Quote from TFalke55 :Dale Jr. caution... ehm... ups reflexes... debris caution.

Well, there WERE carbon pieces lying right at the edge of the racing line... This year, I've not seen a bad call from the race director yet...
Those pit crews, amazing ""organised chaos work"!
Number 3 already back out.

Damn those Audi mechanics are freaking wizards.
Quote from Mysho :you can't laugh at drivers mistake, I would like to see you driving 250km/h with 3G forces on your neck after 21 hours of le mans.

thats why they have 2 or 3 drivers,max stint maybe 3 hrs and only porsche curves are high g,Mcnish is known to be aggressive amongst traffic,probably his fault again,just like last year.
Tango
Quote from Tango :thats why they have 2 or 3 drivers,max stint maybe 3 hrs and only porsche curves are high g,Mcnish is known to be aggressive amongst traffic,probably his fault again,just like last year.
Tango

What? Let's see you in one of LFS's 24h races, with 0G.
(4h max in one go by driver)*

2012 Endurance Racing (WEC, LMS, ALMS, etc..)
(600 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG