The online racing simulator
World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
Quote from Jerrome Yong :the next one- T-4something

T-46

The KV is a huge shock at first, after the light and agile tanks that go before it. It's HUGE and has all the speed and agilty of the Eurasian tectonic plate, and the matchmaking means it can meet up to Tier 8 tanks in battle.

Stick with it though, it's one of the most fun tanks in the game once you get the 152mm gun.

Also note that once the 7.3 patch hits, it's getting split into the KV-1 and KV-2; if you've got the KV2 turret on it you'll get a free KV-2 tank with 100% crew, and an extra garage slot.
Quote from Crashgate3 :T-46

The KV is a huge shock at first, after the light and agile tanks that go before it. It's HUGE and has all the speed and agilty of the Eurasian tectonic plate, and the matchmaking means it can meet up to Tier 8 tanks in battle.

Why do I get teamed up with it then?
Quote from Crashgate3 :

will be getting split into KV-1 and KV-2

Will the turret get more expensive then?

And is anyone up for making a LFS company? Be nice to see u..

Does anybody here use cheats?

Cheers,
MM
Don't think there are any cheats for wot.

You may want to check out the mods section on the wot forums though. There are some useful mods like overtarget markers that show hitpoints of the tanks and few other useful mods.
Got my tiger II! So happy face:

Not just because the tiger II is awesome but I finally got rid of that ultimate shitbox that is called tiger h.

Still have the tiger gun on it but it's lovely! Haven't yet had a game where I wasn't on top 5. Only bad side I can think of is the gun really. And for some reason I'm more often arty target now...
Looks like the new 7.3 patch is being released today. Among other things kv and kv3 owners get new tanks.

Plus with this code you get free one day premium and some consumables: ENDWAREU

(sold the pos tiger II and got myself an is-3 which I'm enjoying much more. Anyone else still playing?)
Yup

I've slowed to between 5 and 10 battles a day, but I've finally managed to drag my win-ratio up above 53% after 2.7K (I think) battles.

Currently working through the VK3601, GW Panther, KV, KV3, M6, Easy-8 and Su-85. Next step is probably a T-20 or IS.
I started regularly playing again last week in my tiger to get the Tiger II (which I now have).. And I decided to look at the stats of my tanks which I never bothered to do before, and I noticed these weird 'awards' next to some of my tanks, marked M, 1, 2, 3 etc. As seen below.

I'm guessing most of you guys have seen them, but this is new to me.. if like me you haven't seen it, 'M' means:

Does this mean I'm actually pretty good in my tiger? Or is it easy to get if you just work at it?
Those are relatively easy to get. I think the way it is calculated is that your maximum exp in one match is compared to other players weekly averages. And once you get it you never lose it. Basically you need just one good match to get it. Personally I'd ignore it as it tells absolutely nothing about how good you are in any tank

http://worldoftanks.eu/news/16 ... and-qualification-badges/
It's on a per-match basis, not an average.

So it compares every player's maximum scores, ever (or at least, since the 7.2 patch) for that tank, and if you got more xp that game, then you get the badge to keep.

Yes, all it tells you is that you had a lucky game, but it's nice to have. It's also much harder to get in tanks used by lots of people, and harder to get as time goes on, as it's based on others' maximum scores, which can only ever increase over time. It was really easy to get those a few hours or so after the patch hit.
Me is still playing too.

4.4k battles fought overall and currently I have 3 top tiers in my garage: E-100, E-50 and T-50-2. Currently I'm focusing on French medium tree, going in AMX90 atm.

And because whoring with stats is fun I have to mention that I've got 9 Ace Tanker badges.
I also still play. Just sold the free IS8 to fund my Object 212, and I love being able to rain death from above again Just 320k xp to go until the 261

Also playing the E75, SU152 and T44 in varying states of upgrades.

It's got to the point where earning credits is difficult again so I started playing lower tiers, the Tetrarch is damn fun.
I just got my 212 as well. A bit disappointed with it tbh although I've just played 2 matches in it. Same gun as s-51 with slightly better reload but far worse traverse and mobility. The extra space for ammo is nice. Did run few times out of ammo in s-51 and that should not happen anymore in 212. Haven't got rammer yet and I still have just 75% crew in it (I did convert my t-150 crew into it but failed at that and my one loader is at 75% instead of 80%) so reload is few secs slower than optimal.

Had to use my last pennies to get it though so I'm totally broke now. After my first (lost) match I did not even have enough credits to buy ammo for the 212. Actually did not have even enough money for the better gun either so my first game was with the 155 gun . People cursed on chat in the beginning of match when I mentioned it .

Have been playing with the new kv-1 as moneymaker to get my stuff fully equipped and the kv-1 is kind of nice tank as it is. Not as great as the kv-2 with the derp but still nice. Needs different playstyle with that gun though.

Also playing with my su-152. Using the derp cannon on that and it is really unreliable. Sometimes it's just like 150 and sometimes 700+ damage. The 122 guns look really pointless in it imho as the IS has the same guns plus all the other benefits as well. With the 122s you'd need to get sideshots to penetrate but that thing is too slow for it. To me it feels like the russian td line after the su-85 just gets worse in many ways.

Loving my fully pimped is-3 now though. Just pure awesomeness. It's just the uber brawling tank. Before the patch I was thinking of buying some gold to get the is-4 but in the end did not want to pay 20€ or so for a tank(and the gun). I think I have about 800k unused free experience . Converting that to usable exp would cost over 100€ . Next tank I'm getting is the kv-4.
Quote from Hyperactive :I think I have about 800k unused free experience . Converting that to usable exp would cost over 100€ . Next tank I'm getting is the kv-4.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

You can use 'free experience' without paying any gold, it just mounts up at 5% of the XP you gain.

The conversion of experience for gold is used when, for example, you continue to earn XP on an elited tank instead of accelerating crew training, and end up with the XP tied to the tank with nothing to spend it on.
Quote from Bean0 :I'm not sure what you mean by that.

You can use 'free experience' without paying any gold, it just mounts up at 5% of the XP you gain.

The conversion of experience for gold is used when, for example, you continue to earn XP on an elited tank instead of accelerating crew training, and end up with the XP tied to the tank with nothing to spend it on.

I meant 800k of exp on my elited tanks. Exp you can convert to free exp using gold.

Wonder if wargaming has changed their policy with those free specials. Haven't seen any free gold for long time...
Argh, that is a painful amount of wasted XP.
I have 13k stuck on my S51 from when they made unlocking the 212 cheaper, and I'm annoyed at that.

Last years offers were mostly due to the game being new I think, magazine codes and promo packs at exhibitions to get people interested.
Do you not use accelerated crew training on your elited tanks and just grind the crew skills?

Gonna buy me a Churchill tonight I think, as they're half price.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Do you not use accelerated crew training on your elited tanks and just grind the crew skills?

To me the accelerated crew training seems useless. I just hope some day I get some free gold to use on exp conversions. Or just in case they add new tanks I have the exp ready. Like with kv3 I had enough exp on it to research the new kv3 modules and the kv4 with the exp that I had on that tank. Plus I tend to keep my tanks which means the crews stay in their tanks as well.
Still playing, with new patches i'm starting to have quite some garage...
IS8 and IS4, T34 and M103, my loved JagTiger (i found it awesome), amx90 the trolltank, obj212 (still i miss the s51), and whe i get the money will buy the E75! Also kv2 for money; just buyed stugIII again, i felt nostalgic today
Quote from Hyperactive :To me the accelerated crew training seems useless. I just hope some day I get some free gold to use on exp conversions. Or just in case they add new tanks I have the exp ready. Like with kv3 I had enough exp on it to research the new kv3 modules and the kv4 with the exp that I had on that tank. Plus I tend to keep my tanks which means the crews stay in their tanks as well.

You have 800k unused exp and you still need more? I have around 300k and I'm accelerating crew training cos I just dont need more exp until I buy some gold. (Which may actually happen very soon. Researched Lorraine and now I need some experience cos dont want to play it as stock :schwitz
Quote from Joku123 :You have 800k unused exp and you still need more?

I might need it some day
Worst day so far! Played 44 matches yesterday with 29.17%. Just cold not win no matter what I did.
http://www.planetwot.com/playerStats/?name=tango_delta

I think my object 212 is cursed. After I got that I've been on the losing end far too often. Played 44 matches because I did not want to give up. But it did not work too well...
played it - hated it.

The only thing I took from it was:

TAHT PRESENTER THEY HAVE WORKING ON THEIR BLOG IS HOT
Quote from Hyperactive :Worst day so far! Played 44 matches yesterday with 29.17%. Just cold not win no matter what I did.
http://www.planetwot.com/playerStats/?name=tango_delta

I think my object 212 is cursed. After I got that I've been on the losing end far too often. Played 44 matches because I did not want to give up. But it did not work too well...

been awful for me in my Grille today too.. The auto battle system seems to want to put me in Himmelsdorf 3/4 of the matches I play
Someone playing tonight? LFS company?
Will create one now on EU server.

Edit: no more premium account no more creating... will wait for someone to create it...
The money I am losing playing my Tiger II hurts! I think I'm playing the tank all wrong.. I play a team game more than a single one, and always end up going the opposite way of the lemming trains.. obviously that means trying to defend a route with maybe 1 or 2 other weaker friendlies, and as a result I get owned a lot. A lemming train almost always leads to a guaranteed game loss anyway.. So maybe I should start following them so as not to get damaged so much and deal some more damage of my own?
Even in games without the noob trains I still find myself getting killed a lot, and I don't know where I'm going wrong.. It seems like I've never got the support I need, or it could be I'm just pushing up to far to quickly

Anyway, this is what I've got so far.. Not much!

World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG