The online racing simulator
There's been some talk of JR finding victory lane this Saturday night... Practice at Texas begins tonight and Qualifying rolls off tomorrow. Glad to be back after the Easter break
Quote from Cornys :There's been some talk of JR finding victory lane this Saturday night...

Haha, there's been "some talk" of JR finding victory lane for years now. I'm hoping he saves it for the Bristol night race, that place would go nuts if he finally broke the streak.
Quote from UncleBenny :Haha, there's been "some talk" of JR finding victory lane for years now. I'm hoping he saves it for the Bristol night race, that place would go nuts if he finally broke the streak.

Eh, don't count me into that group that would go nuts even though will be there, but I'd be happy to see it. He's finally good enough to win without luck this early part of the year, so we'll just have to see how he does moving forward

He finished 9th and 7th at Texas last year
He has been strong lately though.
Patrick finished 8 last night after having ran 15th or 16th all night thanks to taking tires on the final restart when others didn't have tires to change. Pretty exciting race on the restarts but Stenhouse was definitly the one to beat there at the end. Well won victory.

The lights should stay on tonight .
Well the lights definitly stayed on, and the green flag definitly remained out. That was for certain. 2 cautions for a total of 10 laps. I won't ruin anything else for those who might be watching it tomorrow morning or later this weekend. Great race tonight though
People really bug me with complaining about these races. Complain if debris, complain if green flag, they can just never be happy. Really bugging me.

I wasn't really all that bored with tonight's race. At least there was a change in position during the last 50 laps.

Oh well, I guess others are spoiled. Not every race is going to be 2003 Darlington.
Quote from PMD9409 :People really bug me with complaining about these races. Complain if debris, complain if green flag, they can just never be happy. Really bugging me.

Me as well. I enjoyed last night's 230 lap run to the finish without a caution personally. I like racing no matter how it happens as long as it's fair.
I didn't see last nights race, but from last 2 or 3 races i can tell, that the quality of racing has somewhat improved, maybe NASCAR ditched the "let them settle it out on the track" mentality?

Definately expecting wreckfest soon now.
Silly mistake by Piquet in that truck race. I think he had that thing otherwise.
Yeah, such a dominant truck, and just throws it all away.

He'll get a win this year though, he's getting better each race.
Quote from Kid222 :I didn't see last nights race, but from last 2 or 3 races i can tell, that the quality of racing has somewhat improved, maybe NASCAR ditched the "let them settle it out on the track" mentality?

Definately expecting wreckfest soon now.

Honestly the executives are harsh when it comes to fair racing. Drivers are called to the NASCAR hauler after races all the time and the money in the sport wants their drivers to have a good immage so that keeps the racing rather clean as well any more. The dirty reputation that the sport has gotten for that "unfair" racing will take a while to wear off though, and the arena style racing will remain on the short tracks (don't small arenas always have that effect?)

NASCAR never did "allow" intentional wrecking or anything of that sort, it just wasn't a public penalty up until this year (with NASCAR stating that all penalties would be public starting this year). Teams, NASCAR, and especially when it comes to contracts that punishment is handed down.

Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Brian Vickers, ect. They've learned the hard way in this past off season as they searched for cars to drive in (KB just got a kick in the rear by Joe Gibbs)

California was caution free through 5/8 of the race until the rain came. Texas had 2 cautions for 10 laps (97% of the race was green with a 234 lap run to the finish). Martinsville had 7 cautions (that's impressive for a track such as that). Bristol only had 5 cautions.

This weeks race is bound to be mostly green and at least moderatly exciting. In the last 3 year's races at Kansas (4 races) there have been 4 different winners and an average of 5.5 cautions with 20.5 lead changes per race
Interesting information in an interesting location: http://www.jayski.com/pages/tvratings2012.htm

Quote :Through seven races caution flags are down -34% (40 vs. 61) and lead changes, arguably one of the strongest indicators of exciting racing, are down -43% (125 vs. 220)

The lead change difference is certainly effected by the lack of yellow flags and the pack returning at Daytona. Yellows is a good number, lead changes I suppose could be better, but it usually could

Edit: 74 lead changes in the 500 in 2011 VS. 25 in 2011 accounts for most of the difference in lead changes. Taking out the Daytona 500 makes the number 146 vs. 100 or -31.5%. That acutally means that the racing is just a slight bit better this year in my opinion. (lead changes / yellows is typically my assesment of oval racing if you count out wide open tracks where things are not the same)
There was a pretty hard crash early in the trcuk race. Doesn't look like any of the camera caught the #14 going head on into the outside wall. Thankfully the driver of the truck walked away. (Edit: It was caught on camera but it wasn't in the initial replays)

Listed attendance for last year's fall cup race was 82,000 for 81,667 seats. Not bad . Dinger is on the pole for the Cup race

Really enjoyed the race today. I know they must repave but I hope they end up not changing to progressive banking. I feel for Truex for sure, but got to get it to Hamlin for stalking all race long and taking advantage at the end. Wow I just said that and I dislike Hamlin.
Quote from PMD9409 :Really enjoyed the race today. I know they must repave but I hope they end up not changing to progressive banking. I feel for Truex for sure, but got to get it to Hamlin for stalking all race long and taking advantage at the end. Wow I just said that and I dislike Hamlin.

The German partner website of NASCAR.com released an article yesterday that sometimes upcoming week the machines are coming to repave te track. Also they are increasing the banking from 15° to a 17°-20° progressive one. Also the new track surface shall be finished just before the Chase race there in October.

The German source
http://www.motorsport-total.co ... _loest_sich_12042203.html
I thought today's race was pretty good as well . Progressive banking isn't really needed, but I guess we get it.. . Gears shouldn't be an issue when they return I guess

Track website source .
http://www.kansasspeedway.com/ ... /2011/Repave-Graphic.aspx

Also, follow up on racing quality: It's way up this year (despite the lower lead change totals)
Just watched the press conference to announce the changes to Bristol, they're grinding down the outside groove to remove the progressive banking up there.
btw steven wallace is back in a nationwide car this weekend

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG