The online racing simulator
Quote from ATHome :Isn't the minimum weight with driver in car sanctioned in NASCAR?

Yes, her weight is not an advantage. (unless her competitors are over 200lbs )
Well I must be thinking of Indycar rules then.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Any of us could put the right car on pole at Daytona, especially since the repaving.

Most stupid post in this thread.
Quote from BlueFlame :Most stupid post in this thread.

Coming from you after the Kyle Busch comment.
Truck racing starting soon, Any thoughts in who is going to win? Ty Dillon maybe??
WARD BURTON!

Not happening but would be awesome.
Quote from PMD9409 :Coming from you after the Kyle Busch comment.

I didn't say anyone could do it. I just said it wasn't as 'OMG GREAT CAR CONTROL' awesome that everyone made it out to be.
Quote from PMD9409 :WARD BURTON!

Not happening but would be awesome.

Ward just got the lucky dog, This could still happen!
Wow, Massive crash for Miguel Paludo, Good thing he is ok and walked away. Very reminiscent to Danica's crash yesterday..
Quote from Gougoodthing :Wow, Massive crash for Miguel Paludo, Good thing he is ok and walked away. Very reminiscent to Danica's crash yesterday..

Yea, think he just got slick slightly outta Piquet Jr's slipstream.
If any of those three (Shawna Robinson, Patty Moise or Tina Gordon) were still running, and won a (or in Shawna's case, another) pole, the media wouldn't go nuts over it like they do with Danica now. A Daytona pole is good, but its down to the car and engine more than the driver's raw talent.

I feel it'd be a 'Shawna/Patty/Tina is on pole' kind of deal and they'd move on to the next thing in prerace, IIRC, Shawna when she ran in ARCA didn't get any hype on the pre race show on the grid, she got exactly the same treatment as the other drivers, a brief mention. Does that come down to them not being attractive (physically and actually marketable?), or is it just times have changed a lot. Even Jennifer Jo Cobb (who I think has done as much in NASCAR as Danica has), doesn't get the coverage after her year last year, it's Danica this, Danica that every five seconds.

IMO, she's being treated as something she isn't, not a good driver, but she's being treated as somebody who can and will come into the sport and have the fans drooling over everything, the hype simply won't last forever. I think when it does she'll struggle and go back to how she was with Andretti.
Truck race..... oh dear oh dear oh dear.
Wow... 22 flying into the catchfence. Hope he is ok. WOW. Crash filled race.
Todd Bodine is the worst driver I have ever seen, even if his own mothers life was on the line for him not crashing anyone he would still fnd a way to do the dumbest stuff and cause the stupidest crashes.
Yeah that was a reason I posted it.

WOW. That is massive!

Also found this:
Just saw the race recap from last night. You know, for the 2nd time in my life I have a very funny feeling about a race (Nationwide race and Daytona 500 both). Last time I felt this way was before the IndyCar race at Las Vegas (It's not as strong of a feeling this time thankfully, and I'm worried more for fans than I am the drivers this go around)
Now you mention it I couldn't sleep at all last night, I had this feeling that Speedweeks isn't going to get off without any injuries, the Trucks were lucky, but no race car (or truck) is 100% safe at all.

Just hoping nothing happens today or tomorrow
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Now you mention it I couldn't sleep at all last night, I had this feeling that Speedweeks isn't going to get off without any injuries, the Trucks were lucky, but no race car (or truck) is 100% safe at all.

Just hoping nothing happens today or tomorrow

Me as well. The speeds are up and everything is safer for the drivers, but nothing really has been altered for the fans' saftey. We all know that they've done a lot for the fans, but fences can't stop cars going head on towards them at 200 mph. (not all of the car(s) anyways)

I just keep getting an immage of a car taking off like Danica's did on Thursday in the tri-oval towards the outside retaining wall and getting airborn and clearing the wall. Its just a nightmare that keeps playing over and over in my head.

My fear is more for the Nationwide race. I'm not sure if NASCAR has gotten the cars as lift resistant for that series as they have the Cup cars. I havn't seen them practice yet this year. Do they have the shark fin and and smaller spoiler like the Cup cars?

Cup cars are very unlikely to blow over now from what I've seen, but there's always a chance when something is moving at 200 mph that it will no matter what aerodynamic forces are pulling on it.

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG