The online racing simulator
At least SPEED covered the race today and not Danica. (Article on Danica crashing on Yahoo was the top rated page on the Alexa Internet Rankings a half an hour ago by the way).

Hard hit by Danica, and the second duel race was mared by lap cars, but really those guys aren't any less important than those going for the lead in a qualifying race. In the 500 I'd be getting them out of the way in a hurry. 60 lap (150 miles) caution free. It kind of throws the crash fest predictions out of the window too.

It looks like it's going to be a great race come Sunday!

(Truck race tomorrow night, should be fun like always )
I'll allow them to talk about her alittle bit today/tonight, that was a hard lick.

The overheating problem needs to be fixed IMO. It's supposed to be colder this weekend, but I don't think everyone wants to see people blowing motors left and right, plus everyone is changing motors now...

Grats to the guys who raced in, feel like crap for Kenny though.

No comment on MW...
as I said, they went to extreme on the 2 car tandem I actually liked the teamwork involved in it
and wtf about the radios?!?!?! drivers can't even communicate such bs
They didn't go to the extreme, it was just a much hotter day today and they didn't prepare enough for it.

And the communication thing has been known for weeks, the spotters apparently can still talk to each other so no big deal.
Quote from PMD9409 :They didn't go to the extreme, it was just a much hotter day today and they didn't prepare enough for it.

And the communication thing has been known for weeks, the spotters apparently can still talk to each other so no big deal.

The spotters have always talked to one another at plate tracks at times. Lack of driver to driver communication assures that the drivers are racing for themselves rather than as a team in my opinion.

The valves will be changed I'm pretty sure for the 500, and it's going to be cooler. They added 3lbs to the valve prior to today.

Article: http://www.nascar.com/news/120 ... lve-concession/index.html
Quote from Mustangman759 :drivers can't even communicate such bs

probably the best rule change this year. I'd rather the drivers race for themselves, and their teams sort out the directions between them. It just doesn't seem right for the drivers to be able to dial up anyone they want mid-race.

And it takes more skill for the drivers, and more strategy for the teams. I don't see a downside.
Quote from Cornys :The spotters have always talked to one another at plate tracks at times. Lack of driver to driver communication assures that the drivers are racing for themselves rather than as a team in my opinion.

It was speculated in the off-season that the spotters were not able to talk to each other, that's where I came up with that.
Quote from Gougoodthing :ummm... The pic says that Labonte is driving the 47. I thought someone else is now driving the 47?? I might be wrong..

He drove in Duel 2 today in the 47

His brother is driving the 32, maybe that confused you?
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :He drove in Duel 2 today in the 47

His brother is driving the 32, maybe that confused you?

Possibly, Maybe I was thinking of the 43... Now I know who drives what car.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :that is why such a thing was invented

It gets quite confusing because so many drivers change each year, like kurt in the 51, A.J in the 22, Ragan in the 34, Almirola in the 47 and Reutimann in the 93. These are the ones that I will constantly forgot for the first 5-10 races.
Quote from Gougoodthing :It gets quite confusing because so many drivers change each year, like kurt in the 51, A.J in the 22, Ragan in the 34, Almirola in the 47 and Reutimann in the 93. These are the ones that I will constantly forgot for the first 5-10 races.

To make it worse, the paint schemes change quite frequently. It's easy enough to remember the top guys, but the back markers you don't see often, but change sponsorship a lot always throw me.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :To make it worse, the paint schemes change quite frequently. It's easy enough to remember the top guys, but the back markers you don't see often, but change sponsorship a lot always throw me.

Also, I can't remember which dual race today, but you know Jimmie's new scheme? I saw somebody else during the dual race about 5th or 6th that had a really similar scheme to Jimmy, I saw that car and thought, "Jimmie could still win this" It might have been kahne. But, totally agree with your post. At least Ambrose never changes his shceme. Hahaha.
Quote from Gougoodthing :Also, I can't remember which dual race today, but you know Jimmie's new scheme? I saw somebody else during the dual race about 5th or 6th that had a really similar scheme to Jimmy, I saw that car and thought, "Jimmie could still win this" It might have been kahne. But, totally agree with your post. At least Ambrose never changes his shceme. Hahaha.

Both Kahne and Stenhouse had schemes pretty similar to Johnson's.
Kurt Busch's scheme was very similar to Tony Stewart's for the Shootout, it was pissing me off.
We will be able to distinguish the cars much easier after a couple races.

Also, iRacing sponsoring races for Travis Pastrana in NASCAR.
wtf
Meh, she's at an advantage because she weighs less than everyone else.

I wish there were actually Danica fans here to troll.
I just made this up... Hahaha.
Any of us could put the right car on pole at Daytona, especially since the repaving.
Quote from Rappa Z :Meh, she's at an advantage because she weighs less than everyone else.

I wish there were actually Danica fans here to troll.

Isn't the minimum weight with driver in car sanctioned in NASCAR?

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG