The online racing simulator
Well it has quite a bit more power than the FOX in LFS, so I would presume the snapiness on the throttle would be more prone. I was more comparing the F3.5 to the Megane/F1 in that sentence, but still any modern single seater is going to be a bit nimble compared to a touring car.

Obviously the car is driftable. Put the brakes toward the rear and you will be drifting into turns constantly (), but on the throttle out of the corner don't expect to be able to just drift out. Obviously once the car goes into a slide it is still recoverable, but no driftzorz action is going to happen unless you get fairly lucky.
Still haven't had time to try this properly (First world problems) sadly, but I've seen a few gameplay vids, holy cow, those tyres looks like the only porpuse the i have is to make the car jump around....
I've played it quite a bit over the weekend too, and I absolutely LOVE it. Tried the old F1 at classic Spa, and it's GPL all over again, only better. The way you can feel the tires working FOR you and gripping the road, and the way you can so easily control the car on and over the edge with the throttle is just phenomenal. Alos love the way the brakes and tires feel when cold compared to warm, there's a real difference in character. Add in the fact that it feels feature-finished instead of Alpha like LFS and iracing, and I think we have a winner.

Think back to the first rFactor cars, and then a few years ahead to the later mods, I can't wait to see mods that use all the potential in this sim.
You guys are seriously making it difficult to spend time with my girlfriend instead of trying this sim. I want to throw around some vintage open wheelers!
You should. Girlfriends forgive you.

Join the dark side, we have cookies.
Make up an excuse or something, tell her that your using all your time on the computer to learn something new and incredible. A safe excuse is the "project with a friend, secret stuff, you can't see" .
Quote from The Very End :Make up an excuse or something, tell her that your using all your time on the computer to learn something new and incredible. A safe excuse is the "project with a friend, secret stuff, you can't see" .

A drawback is that she'll asume the friend is female and the project is investigating how many ways there are to stuff body-parts into each other.
Well, that could be a problem!
Has anybody the real time bug like me?
When Im online and there are 5 or more drivers, the time for me slows down and others are much more faster because they have real time. I have the same speed on speedometer like others but Im slower.
I have another problem that when Im really close to cars (online and AIs) they start to lag really hard.
There is problem with controller or processor or maby my nVidia graphics settings or who knows. Im not alone.
I hate these bugs and dont know how to solve it. I tried to find something meaningful on ISI forum but not with success.
Quote from Klouczech :Has anybody the real time bug like me?
When Im online and there are 5 or more drivers, the time for me slows down and others are much more faster because they have real time. I have the same speed on speedometer like others but Im slower.
I have another problem that when Im really close to cars (online and AIs) they start to lag really hard.
There is problem with controller or processor or maby my nVidia graphics settings or who knows. Im not alone.
I hate these bugs and dont know how to solve it. I tried to find something meaningful on ISI forum but not with success.

The bold: Known issue to ISI. It's actually in the known issues file when you get the beta. What is causing it I am not sure, but they do know what it is and are working on it.

The underlined: Do you mean you get FPS lag? I've never heard of this problem actually.
Quote from PMD9409 :

The underlined: Do you mean you get FPS lag? I've never heard of this problem actually.

Thx for quick response,
No I have car lags. Its doing online and offline too. Cars start to jumping forward and backwards when Im really close to them. FPS is OK.
Hmm, last resort would be to re-install, maybe even re-download. I've had races offline with the AI and they are actually quite good in comparison to LFS/rF1. No jumps or anything. And online (even on Euro servers) the cars seem to be quite smooth (collisions can be interesting though).

I really don't know what could be the reason though, I hope you can figure it out soon.
Does anyone have any tips for FPS framerate issues. I have everything on low, gfx drivers updated but still get laggy rates which make it very tedious.

Anyone know of any config settings or such to help with FPS issues? Searched everywhere online for help but can't find anything other than the usual (update gfx drivers and put everything on low) and other stuff that I have already tried.
Quote from BlueFlame :Does anyone have any tips for FPS framerate issues. I have everything on low, gfx drivers updated but still get laggy rates which make it very tedious.

Anyone know of any config settings or such to help with FPS issues? Searched everywhere online for help but can't find anything other than the usual (update gfx drivers and put everything on low) and other stuff that I have already tried.

It depends on your graphic card I think.
Look there http://isiforums.net/f/forumdi ... amerate-stuttering-etc%29
And you can try f.e. this:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthr ... ngs-get-fixed-tip-for-ISI
Quote from BlueFlame :Does anyone have any tips for FPS framerate issues. I have everything on low, gfx drivers updated but still get laggy rates which make it very tedious.

What are your machine specs and what sort of FPS are you currently getting?
And AA is bugged so don't bother with it aswell.
been looking around for info on rF2 beta. Seems it still uses the same basic car engine modelling as rF1, so no actual boost etc, just a simple powercurve. Kinda sad most of the info i've found is it's just a slightly better looking rF1 :/
Well, someone made a Mod and posted a video. If anyone here takes tires seriously, watch this video of the guy messing around.

Lateral deformation is working, Vertical deformation is working, as is visible flatspotting etc. At one point a little over halfway through, video is shown from below the road surface (LOL) but it REALLY shows the detail in this tire model since the track is transparent, you can see the contact patch of the tire shifting and morphing with load, melting during lockups etc... The deformation isn't as exaggerated (?) as LFS, it looks pretty natural in all directions. I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ISXU&feature=youtu.be
Very cool, and really shows the potential of the engine.

But what's wrong with the steerign, look at 3:10....
Maybe it is just the perspective? Or the visual representation of the suspension is not 100% (or even 10%) correct?
But the outside wheel has 10+ degrees more angle than the inner. Isn't it the other way around?
It's perspective+camera angle.
Quote from The Very End :Make up an excuse or something, tell her that your using all your time on the computer to learn something new and incredible. A safe excuse is the "project with a friend, secret stuff, you can't see" .

If we didn't live together that would be easier. She'll see me piloting my vintage open wheeler into every tree and building in old Spa and realize it's nothing top secret.

HOLY. ****. THIS.....

When this goes final, i need to upgrade my pc.

All the compenents that should make an ideal Sim, it's all included!!!

Increasing/decreasing grip, marbles on the track and the gravel and grass just feels so real when you get into it, the car reacts like you want to at speeds and basically drives like the real thing through slower corners!

The Formula 1(Oldie) Feels so nice to throw around, there is so much speed feel when you roar through the mountains of Spa..

Im gonna play much more today!!!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What are your machine specs and what sort of FPS are you currently getting?

Only one specific that I need to tell anyone. ATi card.... lol seems like rF2 have some problems with them.

Core 2 duo
3gb RAM
Radeon 6450
on Vista 32bit

The Rfactor thread. (rF & rF2)
(431 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG