The online racing simulator
Leonardo, your detail is really impressive man!!!

Awsome work
Quote from JBiturbo :Leonardo, your detail is really impressive man!!!

Awsome work

thank you so much bro
So here are the skins I teased a little before.

This time with ambient occlusion (thanks r4ptor for the suggestion).

I'm using vraylightmtl with a vraydirt material as override now. This seems to work great, but is there any way I can do this while rendering the final image? I currently render two images and put them together in Photoshop. It's no big deal, but it would be easier.

All I did was the AO now, so I did not fix any other bugs.

Before <> Ambient Occlusion <> After
Attached images
id2k11.jpg
id2k11ao.jpg
id2k11_ao.jpg
Quote from Bose321 :So here are the skins I teased a little before.

This time with ambient occlusion (thanks r4ptor for the suggestion).

I'm using vraylightmtl with a vraydirt material as override now. This seems to work great, but is there any way I can do this while rendering the final image? I currently render two images and put them together in Photoshop. It's no big deal, but it would be easier.

All I did was the AO now, so I did not fix any other bugs.

Before <> Ambient Occlusion <> After

there is no way to do this in the finall image. anyway, try to put ur light color to white instead of light red when u render the AO in a studio scene.
Quote from leonardo555 :there is no way to do this in the finall image. anyway, try to put ur light color to white instead of light red when u render the AO in a studio scene.

It is white. I assume it's because of vraydirt.
Quote from Bose321 :So here are the skins I teased a little before.

Very nice!

Quote from Bose321 :is there any way I can do this while rendering the final image?

Nah. That's why I suggested you should apply to the ground only - it should be possibly to apply/blend AO on top of whatever material you have.

You could do that for all of your materials, but that's just trivial when you have many materials - much easier to do a clean AO render in such cases.

Quote from Bose321 :It is white. I assume it's because of vraydirt.

Or possibly a tonemapper with whitebalance adjustment. Kinda looks like it to me (vignette)? Doesn't look bad in this case, but you'd generally want The AO to be without colors or anything else affecting the render.
Quote from Bose321 :It is white. I assume it's because of vraydirt.

vray dirt doesnt do this... take a look at your enviroment then, or turn your gi off
Quote from r4ptor :Or possibly a tonemapper with whitebalance adjustment. Kinda looks like it to me (vignette)? Doesn't look bad in this case, but you'd generally want The AO to be without colors or anything else affecting the render.

Thanks.
Quote from leonardo555 :vray dirt doesnt do this... take a look at your enviroment then, or turn your gi off

My enviroment is pure white too.

I just looked at my vray camera and it indeed had some vignette. Thanks for the idea r4ptor.

Now with AO it's a whole new 'standard' for me and I'm thinking how I could live without it for so long.
Quote from Bose321 :
I just looked at my vray camera and it indeed had some vignette. Thanks for the idea r4ptor.

And I don't even use 3D Crap Max

Quote from Bose321 :
Now with AO it's a whole new 'standard' for me and I'm thinking how I could live without it for so long.

Welcome to the other side

VRay may be as good as people say, but it can be timeconsuming to get contact shadows in place - especially good ones to work well with animations.

1. Do sloppy GI work
2. Add AO
3. ???
4. Profit!
Some request from kiste and FireMike15.
Attached images
moecore24h.jpg
Kiste_7_render.jpg
XFG_FireMike15_render.jpg
XRT_FireMike15_render.jpg
Converted the rims from the newest patch, detailed them a bit, modelled brake disc and tyre.

Next project is remodeling the XRT.
Thanks for your renders Gerben!
I like them
Awesome renders mate - thanks for that!
Quote from krkriv :My new desktop. Amazing work tho!

I did some tests with lighting and materials...
Here are two versions I made for me
Attached images
FZZ 1.png
FZZ 2.png
leonardo555
1-st: Too dark.
2-nd: Too much bloom.
1st. Lawl.
2nd. Any higher res pls? Want desktop
Quote from bmwe30m3 :leonardo555
1-st: Too dark.
2-nd: Too much bloom.

As I said, I made it for ME. You don't need to like it

Quote from Hahmo :1st. Lawl.
2nd. Any higher res pls? Want desktop

What res?
if u made it for u than dont post it
Quote from leonardo555 :As I said, I made it for ME. You don't need to like it

What res?

Well actually my resolution is 1600x900 so if you could match that it would be perfect :P At the moment it loses some pixels..
leonardo555, People usually post renders here to get comments.
Quote from e2mustang :if u made it for u than dont post it

Quote from bmwe30m3 :leonardo555, People usually post renders here to get comments.

This.

edit: Here's another 24h render, this time for kart-36.
Attached images
i3d_render.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG