The online racing simulator
Servers offline
If it's any help, Redline Servers 1 to 4 are still up along with Airio, and Servers 5 to 8 are down, as are the Redline forums.
Mine down as from this morning.

Have big race tonight at 20.00, please don't let me down franky?
I hope you get well soon
All servers down
Update on my last post.

Now all 8 Redline servers are down and the Website forums.
You made it worse... bet you wish you'd not said anything JackSun
Servers
We now have server 1 to 4 down, 5 to 8 up and no Airio.

Oh well, 1 step forwards, 2 steps back.
Another update my server is up and running with lapper. thanks dean
My services all down

Dean/Franky, an explanation would be appreciated?
Quote from g7usl :Dean/Franky, an explanation would be appreciated?

he was sick and the servers crashed, he did not get notified until someone PMed him.
Quote from Mustangman759 :he was sick and the servers crashed, he did not get notified until someone PMed him.

He's a hosting provider, and there are tools out there to notify people if a website is up or not so it's no excuse for him not to know about the problem.
Quote from boothy :He's a hosting provider, and there are tools out there to notify people if a website is up or not so it's no excuse for him not to know about the problem.

Yes I agree, but I was just stating why he did not see it for him. I personally have a heart and understand why he did not see the servers were down.
Quote from franky500 :Sorry guys, Have been battling the flu the last few days, Not been online other than e-mails on my phone, Did not even know things were down until somebody sent me a PM and there was an e-mail on my phone about it when i woke up.

I will try and find out what is going on,

Paul means that the 500servers.com domain has expired, That's just coincidental to whats going on at the moment, It will be renewed again shortly.

As always i'll make sure there is fair compensation for your downtime, but let me get on to things and get everything up and running again first.

doesnt game panel send u emails when support tickets are submitted? or maybe subscribe to this thread
I really hope they come back online in the first hours to follow !!!

We do have an official race this evening 20.30 CET !!!! And we do need a lot of practice before to !!!

Dean promised to give some work out of his hands and promised he would not be the only person to fix things.. THAT was one of my main reasons why I renewed the services at 500servers for another year.

But where is that promise ?? Where is that other person to help us out when Dean can't ??

Very disappointing experience again this last weeks .. And bought drop outs during the weekend.. Even previous weekend was out of his hands.

I hope to be online in the hours to follow !!!!
Dadge
Anyone seen Dadge?

Quote: 500Servers is commited to ensuring we do not have a repeat of the issues we have faced during 2010.

I'm speechless.
Still no service on the 144 machine, no CP and also no FTP for the 144 machine...

5 of 8 servers down - including Airio...
Quote from Crady :Still no service on the 144 machine, no CP and also no FTP for the 144 machine...

5 of 8 servers down - including Airio...

So, you still are able to use three servers?

My participation has stopped completely, as I can only afford one server!

The race we had planned for last saturday was ruined and even though the benefactor of '500 servers' is apparantly ill, that has nothing to do with the fact that a lot of people are not getting what they payed for and as far as we know, nothing is being done about it.
Quote from g7usl :So, you still are able to use three servers?

My participation has stopped completely, as I can only afford one server!

The race we had planned for last saturday was ruined and even though the benefactor of '500 servers' is apparantly ill, that has nothing to do with the fact that a lot of people are not getting what they payed for and as far as we know, nothing is being done about it.

All servers of mine (.141 and .144 for LFS, .142 for TS) were up for a time Saturday night, but .144 went down again overnight while I was asleep.

How does the server being down "ruin" a race? Surely you can discuss with your participants to reschedule the event to another suitable date when a server is available for use. I had to postpone a major event of NDR's that had been in the works for a few months, but will reschedule it.

I've personally not felt slighted or gyped by this service, as most of the problems have never affected me or the services I provide with the servers I get from this service. Do I think this service needs more redundancy and more than one person to run it? Most certainly. Does this happening make me want to abandon this provider? Not one single damn bit.

Hoping that the servers and TCAdmin are completely resorted ASAP.
TCAdmin seems to be online again, but Realistic NASCAR Server remains offline.
Hi Guys,

Sorry about all of this, After my last reply here on Friday night i ended up enjoying a 3 day stint in hospital, I was supposed to be coming out this afternoon but was only discharged at 9 o'clock this evening.

When i replied on friday i alsk asked the NOC to look into the issue and get it fixed, Looks like they fixed one thing and broke another!. Now i have sent in another request and if its not fixed by the morning i'll take myself down there and give them what for! (a thrashing for those outside the UK). Then get it sorted.

I have updated everybodys account with some credit for the downtime (anybody on a month-month package has been credited with 1 months worth of credit, those with annual have been credited 2 months).

Anybody who wants to request additional credit who are on the .144 server can do so after it is back online via a billing system support ticket (when everything is back online i will get the full details out there for you). For annual customers who may have decided not to renew, please also send in a ticket and i will convert the credit balance into a 2 month extension of service for you.

I can confirm TCAdmin is online, the webserver is online and the .141 server is online, the only remaining issue is with the .144 server

As soon as i know more details on why this has happened, i'll let you know.I won't be responding to individual tickets about this just yet, as this is all the information i have. I will however copy this information in this post to an e-mail to everybody.

Thanks for the wishes of good health, But for when wishes don't work, i am glad the NHS is there!
Thank you for communicating, I hope you get well soon. Xmas is coming
just a quick update, I could not get out to the DC yesterday but i am just about to leave now to get this sorted, I have also thought of a solution to prevent this sort of downtime from being an issue in the future. Will update you when i get back.

Thanks for understanding.
I have a soul, so I will wish you good luck. Unlike boothy who is pulling his knives out of the drawer as we speak
Yippeeeee, 'Schumie' is back on. Thank you Franky

Can I ask you a favour please? How to setup Airio? The 'DMR' server has it well sorted.

Thanks again for the connection.
Thank you
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG