The online racing simulator
thanks dean, hope your well now
Looks like issues have returned on the .144 server.

Can't get past the Control Panel login screen most times, and when I do, I can't get any further.

FTP not working either.
Quote from sinanju :Looks like issues have returned on the .144 server.

Can't get past the Control Panel login screen most times, and when I do, I can't get any further.

FTP not working either.

I am not having any issues currently
Quote from sinanju :Looks like issues have returned on the .144 server.

FTP not working either.

This was simply an update on the Control panel, It gets done every week, usually nobody notices

EDIT: Although the CP may be slow for a little while as it's actually running some windows cleanup tools (defrag etc).
Dean

I sent you a email reference my web server that is down..

thanks
already dealt with for you Jim
Hi guys, do you have any beginners guide or tutorial about how to setup your 500servers.com LFS dedicated server? My team mate has got a server for rent and it does n't seem to work/startup
Hi Rageshgr,

If he goes to his control panel and goes to his server page he can edit the server settings in one of 2 ways, first way is to do it with the direct file editor (straight into the config file).

the second way is the better way for new users to the dedicated server. It is a form style editor with some basic explinations of each feature.

to use this he should go to:

Gameservers >>> Default Config Files (Pic 1) >>>> Config Editor (Pic 2) and then change the options from that page (Pic 3). After making changes go back to the gameservers page and restart the server.

See the pictures attached.

Feel free to open a support ticket if there are any issues.
Attached images
default1.jpg
default2.jpg
default3.jpg
Thanks a lot Franky for the quick response. We will try it.
Quote from franky500 :hi rageshgr,

if he goes to his control panel and goes to his server page he can edit the server settings in one of 2 ways, first way is to do it with the direct file editor (straight into the config file).

The second way is the better way for new users to the dedicated server. It is a form style editor with some basic explinations of each feature.

To use this he should go to:

Gameservers >>> default config files (pic 1) >>>> config editor (pic 2) and then change the options from that page (pic 3). After making changes go back to the gameservers page and restart the server.

See the pictures attached.

Feel free to open a support ticket if there are any issues.

thank!!!
no problem
Hi,

This is the error we get when we try.

Jan 02 18:46:11 LFS DEDICATED HOST : 0.6B
Jan 02 18:46:11 timer resolution 1 ms
Jan 02 18:46:11 read config
Jan 02 18:46:11 get command line
Jan 02 18:46:11 Config file not found : setup.cfg
Hi Rage,

Where do you get that? i cannot find that error on the control panel from CHTI, as far as i can see all files are present and correct and the server appears online.
Hi Frank, it was present in the deb.log that he sent me. I will ask him more details. Thanks again for your help.
Quote from franky500 :Hi Rage,

Where do you get that? i cannot find that error on the control panel from CHTI, as far as i can see all files are present and correct and the server appears online.

Thank you very much for your help is nice
Quote from franky500 :Hi Rage,

Excuse me, but I still have the same error message can you look at my file.

thank you very much

should I configure my router?
the IP address of server 500 is that it remains open
/ / Or / ip = 84.54.52.XXX
Hi Frank, I have attached the two files that CHTI had
Attached files
500servers.zip - 579 B - 151 views
Hu Chti,

You don't need to do anything on your router / home computer, everything is hosted for you on our end, you do not even need the dedicated lfs program on your local PC. I think this is where there is confusion.

All you need is Live For Speed (The Game) and that's it, you should see your server in the online list and be able to join it, without anything extra running on your PC
Quote from franky500 :Hu Chti,

You don't need to do anything on your router / home computer, everything is hosted for you on our end, you do not even need the dedicated lfs program on your local PC. I think this is where there is confusion.

All you need is Live For Speed (The Game) and that's it, you should see your server in the online list and be able to join it, without anything extra running on your PC

sorry to bother you, I take 500 on my router.
The message I always
Thank
Thanks guys, there was some random characters in server name and I changed it and restarted the server. Seems to be working now. Well I am in that server now.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Hey dean, is this link broken or is it correct? cant tell http://www.500servers.com/billing/

It is correct, It's recently been updated and it also changed the template which needs to be logo'd up again etc

Quote from rageshgr :Thanks guys, there was some random characters in server name and I changed it and restarted the server. Seems to be working now. Well I am in that server now.

No Problem, Enjoy
is the Controlpanel down?

I always getting this message:

Connection must be opened. SQL Command: SELECT USER_ID, FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, PASSWORD, TYPE, ADDRESS1, ADDRESS2, ADDRESS3, CITY, STATE, COUNTRY, ZIP, HOME_PHONE, MOBILE_PHONE, EMAIL1, EMAIL2, STATUS, PARENT_ACCOUNT, EXTERNAL_ID, BILLING_ID, BILLING_STATUS, GROUP_ID, FILE_SERVER_ACCOUNT, ALLOWED_IPS, SUBUSER_ACCESS_SUPPORT, FILE_SERVER_CUSTOM_GAMES, MD5_PASSWORD FROM TC_USERS WHERE USER_ID = 'ThorstenU'
hey I got the same error as well
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG