The online racing simulator
who cares, its still his render
Didn't say it wasn't.
Am I the only one that thought that was a real picture, rather then a render?
prolly
I saw that its from kid without knowing who made it, though
Did anyone ever work out what is written in the bottom left of that render?
It's somebody [probably Kid's] name, I just forget what it said, something Portuguese at a guess N. something....
nuno maia
his renders are obvious to me; 90% of the time they are overbrightened, and have a ton of noise in his shadows
Quote from XCNuse :his renders are obvious to me; 90% of the time they are overbrightened, and have a ton of noise in his shadows

Nice paint material and tyres though.
they both look simple to me lol

then again.. my paints are 3 layers of shellacs

his tires i think could have been better; they shouldn't have a bump map on them, and F1 tires are very glossy looking, but when you see them and they haven't been used, they are slick as a mirror.. his are bumpy and just kinda sets it off (for me)
Picky picky picky

Shellacs usually look crap with a skin, I've found anyway. Unless I've been doing stuff wrong. But for a plain car it's definately the way to go.

VrayMTL + fresnal falloff 4 Lyfe
Quote from Ryanry64 :Shellacs usually look crap with a skin

not if dont correctly
Quote from XCNuse :not if dont correctly

Well there's my problem
Quote from XCNuse :his renders are obvious to me; 90% of the time they are overbrightened, and have a ton of noise in his shadows

It's just realistic, there is not really another way to get a completely white background without having loads of reflected diffuse light.
ya but when will you ever see a pure white car picture that is real and not photoshopped to be white

thats 2 things that aren't real anymore lol

because the photographers of cars know how much light to use; thats one of the things that makes the photographers the best.. how well they use light, and how well they hide the camera
Quote from XCNuse :they both look simple to me lol

then again.. my paints are 3 layers of shellacs

his tires i think could have been better; they shouldn't have a bump map on them, and F1 tires are very glossy looking, but when you see them and they haven't been used, they are slick as a mirror.. his are bumpy and just kinda sets it off (for me)

Shellacs is good for special paint work i.e. metallic paint. For simple paint work, a Fall off mix in both diffuse, Specular colour and reflect map would be just as good.

I think a very tiny small size of noise still need to be apply on the tyre, otherwise it will be too smooth, just enough to break the specular high light. It may not show the difference on a zoom out render, but you could see on a close up of tyre.
Attached images
with noise.jpg
without noise.jpg
well ya, you always have to have noise of some type on the tires; but bump maps aren't really needed unless its like an offroad car or a shredded tire
Whilst you obviously know your stuff Nuse, I'd be careful critising all the renders done on this forum, as your materials and lighting leave a lot to be desired. Sure you have funny coloured reflections in your new headlights, and you once made a noise paint that looked like metallic if you squinted, but you are NOT a definitive render monster.

If you think Kids BF1 render isn't that good by all means post a better one (without adjustments to the model, other than perhaps a displacement map or modelled grooves on the tyre, which I will allow as Kid has done it). I'll place bets on your failing to acheive it within two days (what Kid spent on it).
displacements are for fools that cant model

no actually i dont use them because its a texture, and often.. you can easily see the pixels in them which .. kinda ruins a render

as for 2 days.. dont forget how much work i did on that Z4 in 12 hours lol
also, im sure he had more than 2 hours; keep in mind the FOX begun its model in 2004.. we have no idea how old the BMW sauber could be (except before the beginning of this year)

as for metallics, i have no idea how to make them; and until you show me a good one okay lol, i was only doing a quick test render to see how they came up, i never said it was good nor realistic looking

and its nothing personal, but i know kid has tallent to get better renders, because i've seen better renders from him

plus.. my thread is always a WIP.. plus, materials arent that easy so give a man a chance.. i've never worked with pearlescent materials this advanced
Displacement is not an alternative way of modelling, displacement map is only for enhancing a model with finer details which works better than bump maps (because displacement deform the object mesh, so displacement would not be as pixelated as bump mapping), but the down side of displacement is that you will need high res bitmap and high density mesh to work well.

3D modelling is not hard at all, but could be time consuming depending on your skill, but the theroy is simple, especially poly modelling, it is kind of like wire cageing in Art lessons in college, patching bit by bit until you get the shape you want, hardly any rocket science in it, but you will have to be patient though.

For materials.. well, have to be careful because if your lighting in the scene was set up incorrect, what you think of a fantastic material could be a mistake when export to a different scene. Materials and Lighting got to be working together.
Here is my latest render...
Anything you would like to change/enhance?
Feeling a litle bit blind with this scene...

regards Mike
Attached images
BF1_17.jpg
Damnit why can't I make paint that sexy.

What renderer do you use Mike? Nice render

As for me, my best FOX studio scene so far.. but still
Attached images
FOX_Greeny.jpg
Quote from Ryanry64 :Damnit why can't I make paint that sexy.

What renderer do you use Mike? Nice render

As for me, my best FOX studio scene so far.. but still

I use max with brazil...
I think your paint looks really nice (metallic look), need to work more with lighting, reflections and all the other materials.
When all of your materials are what you want, work with the lighting directions.
And then finetune the materials again...
I think i use 10-12 omni lights in my scene but directed with reflective panels.

regards Mike
Well, I'm having another go at it

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG