The online racing simulator
Quote from samjh :2011 Macau Grand Prix F3 race (main).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj0FOV4-D-E

Bottas qualified P4. He was running 3rd and had just passed a rival into 2nd, then oversteered into a wall. Tough luck. He was doing so well.

The main race was won by Daniel Juncadella, who is currently running 3rd in the F3 Euroseries.

Notable performance from Felipe Nasr, FBMW and 2011 British F3 champion. He qualified 6th, and was 2nd in both races. Managed by Steve Robertson (Kimi Raikkonen's manager). Possible F1 candidate?

Loved to see a crashable race <3

Much better show than F1 whicg is getting boring
Plenty of room it turns out. Almost room for two cars! Looks much closer from the first video.
Quote from tristancliffe :Plenty of room it turns out. Almost room for two cars! Looks much closer from the first video.

Exactly my thoughts.
zomg it's Jackson in a racing video!

No, the helmet cam guy isn't me, I can't afford it

Basically this is Round 4 of our internal uni karting championship. By some minor miracle I managed to qualify 4th/39 and so got into the A Final, despite only been karting twice ever in my life and once on this track. And the only people who beat me were the society president, a dude who spent Tuesday Night racing against Jenson Button (no jokes!) and a guy who races a Ferrari. 5th, 6th and 7th are all on the karting team :P

So anyways, the actual video is here. I'm starting dead infront of the camera guy, black helmet with the orange lapels. If that's a bit hard to see (and you really care) skip forward to 2:50 and I'm the guy overtaking the dude at the front of the train for 3rd place at the hairpin. Stayed there for a bit but then I got overtaken a bit later on, then started an "Atkinson train" for most of the race trying desperately to, but miserably failing to defend 4th Eventually finished 7th, which isn't bad really, hoping for a similar result next time out
Quote from J@tko :Haha yeah he said Button got overtaken by a 14 year old - suppose he has a slight weight advantage

Button wasn't that fast, but he was new to the track, new to the karts etc... he was 4th or 5th after the first stint. Perfectly reasonable.

Everyone got penalties for Davidson's team which was funny. (there was a bribe the race steward to raise money for charity - 20k in the end )
The guy that posted that video (Chris Hackworth) is pretty much the fastest guy in a DMAX kart, and he knows Milton Keynes inside out.

Still a nice bit of driving though.
Wouldn't mind one myself. Could park my real Subaru on the weekends and take this one for a spin down in Sebring.
Quote from J@tko :zomg it's Jackson in a racing video!

That's Teamsport Bristol right? I had to go there for some shitey training day.. fun track, the change in floor coming off the bridge onto the shiney concrete is.... fun
Quote from Seb66 :That's Teamsport Bristol right? I had to go there for some shitey training day.. fun track, the change in floor coming off the bridge onto the shiney concrete is.... fun

Yep

I think we were one of the first groups there on Weds so everything was incredibly slippery to start with, luckily the A Final was the last race so everything had warmed up quite a bit by then
Quote from J@tko :Yep

I think we were one of the first groups there on Weds so everything was incredibly slippery to start with, luckily the A Final was the last race so everything had warmed up quite a bit by then

In rent a kart arenas the tyres are so scrubbed, that heat won't be much of an advantage, if at all.
Quote from BlueFlame :In rent a kart arenas the tyres are so scrubbed, that heat won't be much of an advantage, if at all.

You'd be surprised how much of a difference a bit of tyre heat helps in those karts, after say 20+ laps you really start to get some good grip and stability. In this case though, it really depends how long the karts were sitting still before the next group jumped in, since they will wont hold any core temperature at all, since they are some shitty 'duro' make tyres.

The main advantage is usually what chassis you are on, even though they're all technically the same.. in the fleet of 16ish karts at Cardiff (same karts as in that onboard vid) I can guarantee that all of them feel so different to each other. I can probably go about 1 second quicker in the best handling kart than the worse handling one. The power in each engine is pretty similar, depends on your weight mostly anyways.
Quote from Seb66 : I can probably go about 1 second quicker in the best handling kart than the worse handling one. The power in each engine is pretty similar, depends on your weight mostly anyways.

aahhh nothing like rentals. I love when you get one that doesn't turn left.

Racing videos
(4785 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG