The online racing simulator
Not exactly racing, but fits more here than the OT video topic.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fd8_1321653527 (skip to 8:20 if you're busy)

Incase you're wondering:
numero de piezas - number of pieces 261
numero de tornillos - number of screws 222
horas de trabajo - working hours 1220
1220 / 8 = 152,50

Pensioners have waayy too much time on their hands
Doesn't sound like a running motor to me, just sounds like one turning over.
Quote from aoun :What tyres do you use over there for Rotax??

Mojo D2s for seniors.
Quote from ACCAkut :unrelated, a twincharged hillclimb Evo onboard ... gets up to 1g off the line ...

Shame the course is too slow to really let it rip
Quote from BlueFlame :Your vids are really nice to watch. You have an almost Alonso style of driving, forcing the car into understeer on entry.

Thanks To be completely honest I think my driving style is like that in those sessions out of necessity, with the wet track and shite old tyres that was really the only way I could get the kart to turn into the corners!
I haven't had a completely dry session yet while I've owned the GoPro, so it would be interesting to see if my driving style changes at all with the different conditions. Who knows, maybe I'm actually an Alonso wannabe
Quote from BlueFlame :Your vids are really nice to watch. You have an almost Alonso style of driving, forcing the car into understeer on entry.

You're thinking back to 2005/2006. He drove with aggressive turn-in during those years because the Michelin tyres were softer and capable of retaining traction even with very large slip angles. It was the optimal way to make use of those tyres.

When he switched to McLaren and their Bridgestone tyres, he had to change to a smoother style, as the tyres' tolerances were narrower.

(Interestingly, Kubica used the same style in 2006, and toned it down slightly in later years. Being good friends with Alonso, perhaps there was some advice from the latter.)

What Alonso's natural preference is, who knows? At the moment, he uses the same/similar style as Vettel: they drive exactly the same lines. Whether that is driven due to the car's characteristics, or whether the two drivers prefer the same style, is unknown. As a comparison though, Vettel prefers the RB6 to the RB7, the former having sharper turn-in characteristics and the latter tending to understeer in high/medium-speed corners.

-

Speaking of oversteer, and getting back on topic ... Peter Brock at his finest: Bathurst in the wet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRHAISpRoFg
Quote from samjh :You're thinking back to 2005/2006. He drove with aggressive turn-in during those years because the Michelin tyres were softer and capable of retaining traction even with very large slip angles. It was the optimal way to make use of those tyres.

Oh this is true, definately, but I think this style of driving is still regarded as 'Alonso's style' basically you're giving it understeer to cancel out and corner entry yaw.
Quote from Seb66 :Thanks To be completely honest I think my driving style is like that in those sessions out of necessity, with the wet track and shite old tyres that was really the only way I could get the kart to turn into the corners!
I haven't had a completely dry session yet while I've owned the GoPro, so it would be interesting to see if my driving style changes at all with the different conditions. Who knows, maybe I'm actually an Alonso wannabe

Exactly. It wasn't really Alonso's "style" either, it was just that Renault had a much larger capacity for longitudinal performance than lateral, so he would brake too late, force understeer and accelerate early. It was just a faster way around a corner with 2005/6 Renault F1. Seb on the other hand, just sux :P I joke, he's the next motorsport messiah.

Racing videos
(4785 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG