The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Whats wrong with the R.A.G.E engine?
Z-buffer handling, for example. Buggy as sh!t.
#53 - Uke
I was hoping GTAV would be set in Vice City, and I thought adding the vice city radio station to the GTAIV DLC was a hint that the next game on the serious would be heading there again, but no
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I'm pretty sure Gta 3, Vice City, San Andreas and all the others upto IV used the same game engine for physics and graphics. It just got tweaked as the years went by and the technology advanced.

Ya, for me I don't really consider San Andreas/Vice City sequels, more like expansions and yes they do use the GTA3 engine tweaked.

For me the true sequels, with new engine /major engine overhaul where:
GTA1, GTA2, GTA3, GTA4.

All of these where pretty much new engines. That's why I figured 5 might also be a new engine. Although, personally I still think GTA 4's engine would well capable of doing GTA 5 with some enhancements to it. It still looks very good today, I think
Quote from sil3ntwar :I had a mate show me saints row the third yesterday. Actually makes me wonder why i bothered with GTA.

I've researched a bit about saints row the third. Sure it's fun and nice looking but...microwave lasers, arcade physics (to ease up gameplay), instant airstrikes from the sky, human-cannon-cars, Apocafists? World itself looks like some industrial city with roots from 50's. GTA seems to be more on the ground, real-life based game. I wouldn't put them on the same par here. One is a bit of a fantasy-game other is not. I could be entirely wrong ofcourse, my judgement is made out of few gameplay trailers/developers comments.
having a demure/classy theme but with plenty of ultra-violence like the movie Drive would be kind of a cool direction.
Yes especially with the storyline from Drive
Quote from MAGGOT :If it turns out to be another gangsta wannabe I'll be disappointed. That was what I hated about SA. I like the proper crime family theme from GTA3 and VC. This 'urban' gangsta wannabe stuff is crap. I want proper crime families, with chandeliers over their staircases, limousines, poorly voiced accents nice suits and countless Godfather references. That's what crime is all about!

My thoughts as well. GTA3 was my favorite, followed by Vice City. SA just took me away from the series more than anything, then came back for GTA4 when I didn't find too bad at all.

Chicks in bikinis will make many happy.
I actually think NYC is perfect setting for a GTA game, i would just like a better, bigger, more realistic, with better graphics, New York..
Quote from MAGGOT :If it turns out to be another gangsta wannabe I'll be disappointed. That was what I hated about SA. I like the proper crime family theme from GTA3 and VC. This 'urban' gangsta wannabe stuff is crap. I want proper crime families, with chandeliers over their staircases, limousines, poorly voiced accents nice suits and countless Godfather references. That's what crime is all about!

Go play Godfather, Mafia or Yakuza.
I've enjoyed all the previous GTA's equally, though SA's huge world was the most fun for me. Especially with some golden memories with SA:MP when playing it with fellow LFS teammates.

For GTA 5 to be perfect for me, it'd have the setting of VC, huge open world of SA (not just boring city scenery like IV), the physics and (maybe a bit more refined/optimized) the engine of GTA IV.

hmmmm?
Looks like it's to be set in the Miami area....20 years after Vice City maybe????
And the driver in the first two shots appears to be Niko Bellic. Allthough that might be eitehr a coincidence, as you don't see him clearly, or because his model is used as a placeholder...
But then, the V in the logo doesn't match up, so it could just be a GTA IV mod.
#66 - Uke
Yep, doesn't seem legit at all. Looks beautiful tho
Obviously it's the GTA4 Vice City mod. Maybe with ICEnhancer. (I hope so...)
3rd screenshot, looking by the trees, shadows and power lines, looks like San Andreas.. with a lot of ENBSeries applied to it :S
just fuel for the fire
Thank god. Miami (as vice-ful it might be) doesn't fit my image of sandbox shooter. I've read it's close to confirmed to be LA or LV like city. Can't wait for the trailer, someone build me time machine.
Yeah it's confirmed to be LA

6 Days to go
Quote from lukelfs :Yeah it's confirmed to be LA

6 Days to go

No it's not, it's still all rumours and speculation. It can be LV or whole San Andreas, we will see.
Well tbh I don't think it would be set anywhere else, we'll see in 5 days then
tomororw!!!!!!d bdsbjds hj hjer gver

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG