The online racing simulator
RIP Dan. What a great racer and a great man he was.
Quote from evilpimp :I was wondering the same. Seriously just call it a day...

That is seriously worst than any crash I've ever seen in my life. Don't even think I've seen a crash more horrific in a movie.

Hope Dan's ok..

Quote from Seb66 :Shit.

Im guessing restarting the race can be no other then barnharts idea.
RIP Dan.
Papis's FB page said he will miss him forever or something
RIP
RIP Dan. Great Racer
Rip
Rest in Peace, Dan. Life can end so sudden, sadly we needed to experience that today again. Thanks for the great racing you did on track.

This is probably the hardest I've taken a death in racing since Greg Moore.

They say only the good die young.
Rest In Peace...
Quote from Mustafur :Im guessing restarting the race can be no other then barnharts idea.

I heard they are doing a 5 lap tribute to him, I doubt they will even close to speed.
Man, I'm shaking here, and I don't think this news has managed to sink in yet...going to be a bad day to wake up to tomorrow after watching that live
Race is over, a 5 lap tribute as posted above.

RIP Dan. He was the tester for the brand new car that was all about safety, and the last race in the old car has this happened. Never thought this IndyCar season could get worse, and here it is..
Shit.. the worst thing has happened, it's like knife in the back.

Again, learning the lesson the hardest possible way.. i hope conclusions will be made after this.

R.I.P. Dan.
Is there any chance to see the 5 lap tribute live?
RIP Dan Wheldon
Quote from Bmxtwins :Power is probably already complaining about losing the championship.

RIP Dan Weldon

No, he probably isn't. Shut the **** up..

RIP Dan, you will be missed.
Just watch the tribute, the only thing anyone will complain about is Dan not being alive, lost people are more important than lost championships.
Met Dan at the St.Pete race here a couple years back. He actually lives here. Sucks to see this happen.
Quote from PMD9409 :Met Dan at the St.Pete race here a couple years back. He actually lives here. Sucks to see this happen.

Well I hold out a hand for you, you must be hurting more than the rest of us.
Was always good to see a Brit carrying the flag over the water.

Rest in peace.
Quote from 5haz :Was always good to see a Brit carrying the flag over the water.

Rest in peace.

Well he did a **** tonne better than Justin Wilson.
Really horrible. They never should have been out on that track, but hindsight is 20/20, I guess.

Given the horrible ratings and the general lack of interest in the US, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last nail in the coffin for top-level US open wheel racing, either.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well I hold out a hand for you, you must be hurting more than the rest of us.

Only met him, Dario, and Tony for less than 45 seconds, so it isn't too big of a deal.

This is me in his car that he drove that year though (simulator) before the race started. Met him shortly after that.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/173435 ... ngDanWheldon/HPIM0874.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/173435 ... ngDanWheldon/HPIM0875.JPG

@Ben: Lets just hope its the nail in coffin for the oval racing in single seaters. The road racing I am all for.
Quote from PMD9409 :@Ben: Lets just hope its the nail in coffin for the oval racing in single seaters. The road racing I am all for.

Yeah, agreed. Make Indy a standalone event and make it a road-racing series.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG