The online racing simulator
#51 - JJ72
Quote from PMD9409 :You know you're not hot when your Wikipedia page doesn't have a picture of you.

But she also dated Flavio, and Flavio's taste in women is pretty solid!

I have the VHS of that season's review and she was decent, certainly not as well gloomed as today's standard (it's early 90's afterall) but certainly a fine woman
JJ, She just wanted a ride on Flavio's Renault.. if you know what I mean.
#53 - JJ72
Quote from dawesdust_12 :JJ, She just wanted a ride on Flavio's Renault.. if you know what I mean.

well yeah but the point is Flavio actually think she is worth it.
This month's podcast for Motorsport magazine is a hour in the company of Dario Franchitti. Lots of interesting stuff about Di Resta, mid 90s DTM, late 90s Champcar and so on.
Still think JPM ought to come back to Indycar
Quote from Storm_Cloud :This month's podcast for Motorsport magazine is a hour in the company of Dario Franchitti. Lots of interesting stuff about Di Resta, mid 90s DTM, late 90s Champcar and so on.

Quote from tinvek :might be worth indy fans listening to this

it's from march but still agree with you, it's well wortha listen
Sorry! Didn't realise you had already linked to it
no worries, just though someone may need the link and like you may have missed it, great podcast though
Yea, weird strategy for Sato... He seemed to have the sheer pace to beat Power, and Power was definitely going to pit to cover Franchitti, so why not simply stick with him.

Special mention to Simona anyway, charging through the field being 9 laps down, passing the leaders trying to get on 0 stop, and taking the fastest lap in the process
Sato was counting on more caution periods, I think. The first few were absurdly long. If he'd gotten even one more he might have made it.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Sato was counting on more caution periods, I think. The first few were absurdly long. If he'd gotten even one more he might have made it.

He was indeed. Now seriously, this might be a good strategy if you're in midfield or at the back of the field and have nothing to lose, but certainly not if you're the leader and the fastest pace wise.

As I said Franchitti had enough fuel for sure at that point, it looks kinda obvious to me that most of the leaders were gonna pit(especially Power), to "cover" him.

I don't know if only 1 caution would've been enough also, he pitted like 5-6 laps from the finish IIRC, and I can imagine he went as far as he could.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :He was indeed. Now seriously, this might be a good strategy if you're in midfield or at the back of the field and have nothing to lose, but certainly not if you're the leader and the fastest pace wise.

As I said Franchitti had enough fuel for sure at that point, it looks kinda obvious to me that most of the leaders were gonna pit(especially Power), to "cover" him.

I don't know if only 1 caution would've been enough also, he pitted like 5-6 laps from the finish IIRC, and I can imagine he went as far as he could.

Most of those caution periods were ~5 laps long. (IndyCar really needs to speed that up.)

As for why Sato decided to try that strategy... maybe he knew Power would beat him in the pits. Maybe he was surprised when the field behind him pitted on that yellow (happens a lot in NASCAR).
What a waste of a driver seat.
Quote from PMD9409 :What a waste of a driver seat.

Well... Scott speed IS "the best American open wheel driver there is" :rolleyes:
Nasty crash for Simona in practice yesterday. Mechanical failure -> airborne -> upside down -> on fire. She's ok aside from burns on her hands, though.
Women drivers.. pah.
I didn't know women were more likely to have suspension failures than men.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Women drivers.. pah.

You're probably mixing her up with a certain "I DUNNO" or Dani "Pat-Trick".
You guys read too deeply into that. I understand it was a mechanical fault.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG