The online racing simulator
For the record, my comment came before Helio's penalty was announced and had nothing to do with it.

It was more to do with the godawful start/restarts, the inconsistent penalties for avoidable contact, and so on.
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com ... s-after-last-lap-penalty/

Quote :On a lighter note, Power’s salute to Race Control inspired a Japanese fan to paint her fingernails in the colors of Power’s No. 12 Verizon Wireless-sponsored car, but in honor of his Loudon incident, she had the numbers of his car painted on two very special fingers—the number 1 on the middle finger of her right hand, and the number 2 on the middle finger of her left hand—which, when extended Loudon-style, formed No. 12… Power posed for a picture with her, but the image will not be made available for distribution…

I want it.
I'd pay for that picture. It kind of sums up my feelings towards INDYCAR currently. The series is going downhill fast.
Yea, Autosport has already revealed that a few weeks ago in the paper edition.

It's a bit strange, the guy is almost 50, he has zero experience on ovals, hasn't been driving a single seater for 10 years. Yet he seems to expect to come to Indy and kick some asses straight away. It looks like he didn't even bother trying to get a one-off IndyCar/Lights deal just to get some race craft. Weird. But in a way it might just be the perfect timing, with the new chassis and all the engine supplying drama, who knows how many teams are gonna show up at Indy... Might be easier than usual to make it to the 33(assuming that we have 33?).

Oh... And someone should tell him that Lotus is dropping KV.
I think he still drive a fair bit with Lotus' program.
Something to do before he dies. You guys wouldn't want to do the same (if given the opportunity)?
Well Alesi is ambassador of the non-Tony Fernandez part of Lotus. So it kind of makes sense that he will be in Indy in that role. And to be honest, can he be any worse then Scott Speed in his attempt to qualify? I also believe that the Indy 500 will again see 33 cars. I mean, those teams joining (there is rumor about a GrandAm and a ALMS team who build up an IndyCar satelite team for next season, each) will compensate the downsizing of some Indy Car teams. IndyCar has been in worse and weaker position before, with less then 20 fulltimers, and still got those 33 cars together.
It is kind of unfair, however, that Jean may use the Dallara simulator. There were other Indy rookies who would have loved to get that chance, especially with the new car. Also I have to agree with Phil, which full-blood racer could refuse to drive the Indy500, one of the oldest races in all of motorsports!
an open wheel series with a proper engine war, yes please.
Quote :IN NEGOTIATIONS
1. Bryan Herta Autosport: 1 car.
2. Conquest Racing: 1-2 cars.
3. Dale Coyne Racing: 2 cars.
4. Dragon Racing: 1 car.
5. Dreyer & Reinbold Racing: 2-3 cars.
6. Michael Shank Racing: 1 car.
7. Rahal Letterman Lanigan: 1 car.
8. Sarah Fisher Racing: 1 car.

I wonder when they will release the big news.
Quote from PMD9409 :I wonder when they will release the big news.

Guess I might be missing something huge there but... What are you refeering to?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Guess I might be missing something huge there but... What are you refeering to?

Maybe he is referring to LFS' Conquest Racing if so, it is an old one
Dangit Yann I was hoping you of all people would catch on to that one.
Well guys, I'm gonna be there in Kentucky this Sunday afternoon Tickets for the Indiana Tower Section F if anybody else is familiar with the seating there (highest set of stands directly above the start/finish line).

Never actually been able to go to an Indy race until now, so I'm pretty excited
Power on pole by a huge margin on a oval!

this was unexpected.
Any tips / suggestions for going to Kentucky tomorrow? I'm a little wet behind the ears (this will be first time) going to an open wheel race
Ed Carpenter wins for Sarah Fisher Racing :leb:
Quote from TFalke55 :Ed Carpenter wins for Sarah Fisher Racing :leb:

:bannana_g

Gutted for Power though
Pretty good race, and great for Carpenter/Fisher.
Thats probably gave the title to Franchitti now, out of no fault of power.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG