Quote from PMD9409 :

@Blueflame: He is talking about wings = speed = danger.

Well I guess on Oval you have a chance of bottoming out with downforce so proficient. At the end of the day, racing is racing, there has been NASCAR crashes with multiple cars airbourne so it's not something you can completely eradicate.
Quote from BlueFlame :.... Spoilers and wings don't make a car suceptable to flight, it's the undertray. When air gets under the chassis in sufficient ammounts, it wants to fly.

Unless you are refering to ramming into someone and being launched into the air, then you'd be correct.

Ehh, I wasn't being that technical. For the Indy Cars, it's a whole host of things, between the open wheels and the wings and the rest of the aero... the wings let them run higher speeds, which makes it a lot more dangerous too

But part of the reason I said things with wings is when NASCAR recently had wings on the back, when they got turned backwards they had a tendency to fly.
Now the death rumours started circulating...at least on twitter. Not believing anything until anything official comes out.

EDIT: Press conference not too far away, hopefully there are good news.
Dang. Hope Dan is ok.
I don't follow the IndyCar series, but I know how much of a talent Dan is, and how he hasn't recieved enough recognition in this country. That crash was so scary, and I really really hope Dan pulls through.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well I guess on Oval you have a chance of bottoming out with downforce so proficient. At the end of the day, racing is racing, there has been NASCAR crashes with multiple cars airbourne so it's not something you can completely eradicate.

Getting off those tracks eliminates it. They never should have been there in the first place. I don't know if you have been watching the broadcast, but how Eddie Cheever described it was best. "How did we get here?" being the main line.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I don't follow the IndyCar series, but I know how much of a talent Dan is, and how he hasn't recieved enough recognition in this country. That crash was so scary, and I really really hope Dan pulls through.

I hope they have second thoughts about fontana, or atleast switch to the rovals instead of these talladega style super sized ovals, it's just not fair sending the drivers into this kind of racing, it's life risky stuff.

I hope Dan survives.
Dan could possibly be dead or Seriosuly hurt meaning maybe never racing again.
still after seeing that almoust live i feel bad i hope hes ok
Quote from battlegman :Dan could possibly be dead or Seriosuly hurt meaning maybe never racing again.

Some optimism would be great, if you have it.
Last update was that he was unconscious but his vital signs were ok..
Are they actually considering restarting this race?
Look at the drivers, they got some bad news i am afraid...
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Are they actually considering restarting this race?

Let's hope not, no one's in the mood for racing anymore, not after a crash like that.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Are they actually considering restarting this race?

I was wondering the same. Seriously just call it a day...

That is seriously worst than any crash I've ever seen in my life. Don't even think I've seen a crash more horrific in a movie.

Hope Dan's ok..
Power is probably already complaining about losing the championship. How about Weldon, I'm sure he's not too happy about what happened to him.

RIP Dan Weldon
Quote from Bmxtwins :Power is probably already complaining about losing the championship. How about Weldon, I'm sure he's not too happy about what happened to him.

Ray, seriously? It's not funny. Not one bit.
drivers will do 5 laps tribute to him..........
RIP DAN

damn seeing Kanaan crying like that.. hits home...
RIP Dan.
Confirmed..
Shit

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG