The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
So jets in this game aren't nearly as overpowered as they were in BF2, and they don't just fly around destroying everything, and anti-aircraft fire actually works?
Quote from thisnameistaken :So jets in this game aren't nearly as overpowered as they were in BF2, and they don't just fly around destroying everything, and anti-aircraft fire actually works?

Yeah, that's how I experienced it on Caspian Border.
The AA guns, AA tanks and MANPADS all work and can take down an aircraft or heli if they are not careful. Jets are limited to AGMs and heli with unguided rockets for attacking ground targets. No bombs at all. Can't find fault with this pretty good balance in firepower.
Kev.
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly- : Kev :D
Just gotta try it yourself. Obviously if the pilots on your team sucks, then the other team has the advantage in the air and you can get wasted on the ground, but the ground can most certainly strike back, so it isn't as easy as "point, shoot, fly away".

If we were talking about MW3, you can call us lying scum all you want, but with battlefield there is a tiny chance what we say could be true.

The BF maps aren't as big as I expected them to be (at least the largest one), but I guess it is big enough to satisfy "the crowd".
Quote from PMD9409 :with battlefield there is a tiny chance what we say could be true.

The BF maps aren't as big as I expected them to be (at least the largest one), but I guess it is big enough to satisfy "the crowd".

wat

What game did you play?
Quote from Bose321 :wat

What game did you play?

The larger maps are very small compared to BF2. I approve this message.

What game did you play?

Watching the video posted in here, supposedly BF's biggest map.

Sometimes it isn't the "size" of the map, but how it is utilized.

I have this pre-ordered and actually loved the beta, but the flags were just too close together. You could run from one to the other on foot and it honestly didn't take that long.

Looking at this (pause where I start it), you can see the scenery makes the map look huge, no doubt, but the actual space to run around in, fight in, and fight for (flag/zones), is much much smaller.

After them saying this, I am hoping they are holding some information back and are releasing maps bigger than Caspian. As big as the map was, or seemed to be, the points of interests (flags) were incredibly close together.
#660 - Uke

What game did you play?

The question is, what game did you play? The maps really feel rather small.
Quote from Uke :The question is, what game did you play? The maps really feel rather small.

I double approve this double post.
Quote from Uke :The question is, what game did you play? The maps really feel rather small.

No u

They feel small, I agree. But they aren't. That was the question.
The maps are massive, with all the capture points in a tiny huddle in the middle of the map. Pointless. I will probably end up playing the BF2 maps most of the time.
To be honest, if DICE released a lot of game info right now, it'll lose its appeal very quickly since people already know what's in it and not dreaming away like now about how huge some of the maps are.
#665 - Uke
Quote from Bose321 :No u

They feel small, I agree. But they aren't. That was the question.

They are small, except for jets.
Quote from Uke :They are small, except for jets.

They are not small.
It's so sad how it's leaked already...
For me it's pointless downloading if it is leaked, I only bought it for multiplayer.
Quote from Dygear :Do you have proof?

Go see torrent sites. No crack available yet though.
I don't know man. I claim shenanigans, because I have those files as well, it was a part of the Open Beta. That and you need the web interface, that's closed, for any of it to work.
Yep, can't be sure until a crack is out...
#673 - Uke
Quote from -NightFly- :They are not small.

Have you ever played the real battlefield games? Go play those and then tell me caspian border isn't small.

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG