The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
Quote from spankmeyer :I'm fine if someone else is having a great time with the beta. Not throwing hissy fits about EA this and Dice that but so far the experience has not been very good one for me personally. Still going to install the retail and test it out but I'll be mega-surprised if the beta isn't close to 99% of the shipped product. Month or two is very little time to fix anything in a game of this size.

This beta is meant to fix and test issues + give a peek for the final product perhaps, not for you to have awesome gametime. That's the way i look at things

Also:

"DICE team has decided to bring back Caspian Border for the beta’s final weekend and conduct an open large scale test of the 64 player Caspian Border map.

*****Please keep in mind that as this is beta we will be stress testing our servers***** As such, users may experience crashes, network instability and outages as we roll out and configure servers and network utilities. Understand that such potential issues and the testing environment are not reflective or indicative of the final product"

I understand that there is a possibility for the issues to remain on the final product but i'm an optimist in my heart!
Quote from -NightFly- :This beta is meant to fix and test issues + give a peek for the final product perhaps, not for you to have awesome gametime. That's the way i look at things

Yes, yes but what I was saying is that if the beta is based on what, month or two old build, it's quite a superhuman effort to fix anything or make large revisions in that timeframe with a game of this magnitude when you have to ship the gold master for printing.

That's what I mean that I would not be surprised at all if the release version turns out to be just as buggy as the beta.
I hear ya. Just that there haven't been much of a bugs (no screenflickerings, no major lagissues, just few timeouts) for me until yesterday when they started stresstesting.

Edit*

Also a "issueletter": Most known bugs/issues
Not too bad of bugs tbh...

My tank went thru the ground once, got stuck under ground once and was basically invincible, some screen flickering and random vector errors, and other errors like the "menu" bug and the gun's magazine being disconnected.

Game "does not respond" WAY too often tho...
Definite sale for me now.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Definite sale for me now.

What has made the sudden change? You weren't that impressed at first right? Btw, you getting it on the PC?

The more I play, the more I like it. Especially on Caspian border with 64 players. I do hope that the bugs I encounter will be fixed at retail, or soon with patches.

Once the game is out on retail I'll remake the LFS platoon (almost 20 members now) and we could play together some time.
Quote from Bose321 :What has made the sudden change?

edit* He never sayd he didn't like it.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Its good. Can't wait for the heavy vehicles to roll in...

Quote from -NightFly- :edit* He never sayd he didn't like it.

Well, I though a little otherwise reading this:

Quote from Electrik Kar :As a big budget PC focused titled unhooked from console limitations, the game is currently underwhelming. I've had to reshuffle my expectations a bit to appreciate that BF3 is more iterative improvement than revolution. BF2 on graphical steroids fits about right. No judgements until final though.

Turning the volume way up, helps...

Quote from Bose321 :What has made the sudden change?

Basically mucking around on Caspian. The game seems exactly what I would have hoped for in terms of a sequel to BF2. Everything is running pretty smoothly here as well- minimum lag, good fps.

"Once the game is out on retail I'll remake the LFS platoon (almost 20 members now) and we could play together some time. "

Ok- but be warned. I'm pretty crap.
It will be better with in-game squad management and the commo rose

I'm loving the beta, thing i love about bf3, every single game can be a totally different experience Just a shame it ends tomorrow - roll on 25th/28th
This is at the moment quite a minor critique but one thing that bugs me with Caspian Border is that is actually very small map and objectives are cramped in the middle with no pacing or flow.

Compared to regular BF2 maps like Karkand and Wake that had noticeable steps of progress or zones that would tip the scales in favor of winning or losing, the Caspian Border is just one minute run from home base and then constant herp derp hurr durr pointless run-shoot-die between the main objectives that switch ownership about ten times per round.

That combined with the stupid, stupid, stupid squad respawn system that creates steady stream of lone enemies jumping from the bushes.

Hopefully we get BIG maps in the retail version that force people to think about transportation and setting up forward operations or anything that resembles some tactical depth as so far the gameplay is a bit shit to be honest.
Quote from spankmeyer :

That combined with the stupid, stupid, stupid squad respawn system that creates steady stream of lone enemies jumping from the bushes.

I'm not quite sure what you mean but as far as i understood, system is similiar to bfbc2.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Ok- but be warned. I'm pretty crap.

It's just about the fun for me.

Quote from DejaVu :I'm loving the beta, thing i love about bf3, every single game can be a totally different experience Just a shame it ends tomorrow - roll on 25th/28th

Yeah it's different every time. I actually have read some preview of MW3 vs BF3 that they said BF is always the same and CoD is different reach round. I was like wat.
Quote from spankmeyer :This is at the moment quite a minor critique but one thing that bugs me with Caspian Border is that is actually very small map and objectives are cramped in the middle with no pacing or flow.

Yeah I kinda have to agree. It looks big but it feels so small to play in. There is indeed no real flow in it. I can't really explain it, but I have the same feeling.
Well, I'm sure that although this is a PC game, they did consider that there will only be ~20 people on the map on consoles. Therefore, they made a really big map (for jets and 64 people) that has a relatively small playing area (for console gamers).
There will be 32 on consoles as far as i'm aware.
#616 - Uke
Really? The same as on BC2? I don't think that's official, the maps are much bigger this time, it makes no sense..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Really? The same as on BC2? I don't think that's official, the maps are much bigger this time, it makes no sense..

The pc maps are much bigger...
EEven though we dish out money for our 'elite' xBox Live connections it can't support more than 24 players...
Quote from DejaVu :The pc maps are much bigger...

lol, i don't think so, why are you guys pulling those statements out of your a**es
Quote from Rappa Z :EEven though we dish out money for our 'elite' xBox Live connections it can't support more than 24 players...

It's not about the connection not handling it, it's about the xbox not being able to coop with alot of players.
Quote from Boris Lozac :lol, i don't think so, why are you guys pulling those statements out of your a**es

Nope.jpg
own3d.jpg

Wohoo! Can finally uninstall it!

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG