The online racing simulator
Camanachd Cup Final today, 2 local teams attacking each other with sticks with the disguise of playing a game of shinty. Loved it.

Quote from Seb66 :I think I have a public folder on my drop box, can you upload it to my account or something like that?

I thought I could but later discovered I have no idea how, so I uploaded it here.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Camanachd Cup Final today, 2 local teams attacking each other with sticks with the disguise of playing a game of shinty. Loved it.

Nice one, Simon.
Cheers,

Just bought a T-adapter and Nikon T-ring
Expect some astrophotography shots soon!
hopefully some photos of sun during the night ^^
Yea sure!
There are many suns visible at night actually!

Had the camera on timelapse at night. Shouldn't have gone to sleep, woke up many times during the night due to lightning. Camera didn't catch anything worthwhile...
Still, looks nice.
I did a storm/night timelapse few times as well and once I caught a flash that must have been really close - was like an explosion compared with the normal flashes that you usualyl get

Well, here's my best lightning shot from last year. (modified exposure)

Unmodified exposure:
I want to see if photography is something I would like to have as a hobby.

I am willing to spend anything up to 150 Euros as a starter pack including some useful lenses preferably.
Anyone knows what could be good choices for this price range?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I want to see if photography is something I would like to have as a hobby.

I am willing to spend anything up to 150 Euros as a starter pack including some useful lenses preferably.
Anyone knows what could be good choices for this price range?

Isn't even a normal body around twice that price?
cant even get a good point and shoot cam for that
It doesn't have to be new..
Quote from Chrisuu01 :It doesn't have to be new..

Even used DSLR's are beyond 150€. If you have real interest in photography I'd suggest you to try out film SLR's, if you can learn how to use an older more manual SLR (Pentax K-1000, Canon AE-1, Nikon Fg) you'd succeed with a DSLR easily.

But if you just want to know if you can take a picture, then grab your phone and go outside.
Just use any camera. If you like photography you will enjoy it on any camera. I have never had/used a dslr
Yeah, that's true. There are some superb photographers I've seen on flickr who use the cheapest point & shoot models.

A dSLR doesn't hurt, though.

Quote from jibber :

Gotta love the Swiss alps!
Hopefully I'll be back in Verbier this winter.
My friend got married last Sunday. My first try at being an official wedding photographer, so forgive the number of images:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :My friend got married last Sunday. My first try at being an official wedding photographer, so forgive the number of images:

Cool work, you definitely have your look nailed.

Was many of those manual focus stuff? My eyesight is terrible and can't nail focus manually even if my life depended on it.

Can you give me an estimate how many frames you usually end up shooting and how many shots you deliver? If it's a wedding or other important event I'm usually somewhere in the 500-1500 frames per day and around 100-200 frames delivered to a client a week later or so.

Usually 99% of the overall frames are usable, in focus and ok exposure but just look boring or expressions are weak and so on so.
In this case (pre-wedding, ceremony, post-ceremony posed stuff, reception) I shot ~580 frames and delivered 307, which included a lot of B&W conversions, so probably like ~200 unique exposures. If I had it to do over again I'd arrive earlier and do a lot more pre-ceremony getting ready-type shots, and I'd do the post-ceremony posed shots differently (background is waaaay too busy and the light was too harsh).

Almost everything was AF except for the reception shots, which were all MF (with the Rokinon 85/1.4 and Nikkor 50/1.2 Ai). For the ceremony and post-ceremony posed stuff I used a rented 70-200/2.8 VR2 (what a ****ing lens), and for the pre-ceremony I used the 50/1.8D and the Tamron 28-75/2.8 (plus a couple shots with the Samyang 35/1.4 and the Nikkor 16/2.8 Fisheye Ai-s).
Quote from spankmeyer :Usually 99% of the overall frames are usable, in focus and ok exposure but just look boring or expressions are weak and so on so.

With AF that sounds about right. With MF it was about 40-50% keepers, which I thought was pretty impressive given the very, very low light, shallow DoF, and the fact that there was a lot of movement going on.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG