The online racing simulator
Quote from Rappa Z :Are you using a wheel or a controller?

It's much tougher with a controller, but still do-able. Just assme the car has infinite grip.

Might have to get the dfp down
Quote from BlueFlame :GT5 physics better than Forza? LOL

Forza has pretty much no lift off oversteer and the cars are glued to the road with how numb and stiff the cars feel, They all handle like the suspension is 5x too hard then they understeer off the road because the steering aid wont turn the wheel as much as an analogue controller wants, Which is easy to see when using cockpit view...

T10 even said they were dumbing down the Sim aspects to make it more accessible to people that have no interest in Sims, i.e. cripple its sim like edgy driving that had potential in FM1. FM2 feels a better sim than FM3 lol.

Even watching comparison vids u can see FM3 is a numb glued to road arcade racer, No camera shake, no twitchy opposite lock etc etc even in powerful rwd's.. Every vid of FM looks like they are using full assists even when the dash say there r not lol.
Quote from Foilpact :Forza has pretty much no lift off oversteer and the cars are glued to the road with how numb and stiff the cars feel, They all handle like the suspension is 5x too hard then they understeer off the road because the steering aid wont turn the wheel as much as an analogue controller wants, Which is easy to see when using cockpit view...

On Forza the visual steering wheel in cockpit view doesn't react as quick as the cars front wheels do. You can test this by going about 5mph, and turning one direction, then another very quickly.

This (bug) means your arguement fails.

Forza oversteer phyiscs beat GT5 into a pulp of the brown stuff. I do agree that the Forza physics don't allow for correct lift-off oversteer and the cars are too stiff but GT5 is no better in many peoples admission. In terms of race cars and close racing, physics are just too superior. After all when you crash on GT you just bounce off things with an annoying crash noise. Crash on Forza and you get catapulted across the track.
Quote from BlueFlame :On Forza the visual steering wheel in cockpit view doesn't react as quick as the cars front wheels do. You can test this by going about 5mph, and turning one direction, then another very quickly.

This (bug) means your arguement fails.

Forza oversteer phyiscs beat GT5 into a pulp of the brown stuff. I do agree that the Forza physics don't allow for correct lift-off oversteer and the cars are too stiff but GT5 is no better in many peoples admission. In terms of race cars and close racing, physics are just too superior. After all when you crash on GT you just bounce off things with an annoying crash noise. Crash on Forza and you get catapulted across the track.

Even without the visual "Bug" of the wheel, You can see it outside the car and even when using a wheel controller, doesnt let u get full control when u want. If what u say is true then why can u not go from 1 way donut to other in FM? Every time i try i go donut 1 way to 1 huge understeer arc when try to switch directions, Trying to drift sideways from corner to corner at extreme angles doesnt work in FM because of this...

Even going too fast into a corner, FM will not turn the wheels and u will understeer off the road head on, In RL, and GT5 if u lift off and swerve wildly u will probably loose control or get round the corner tokyo style, Forza doesnt even make an attempt to get round the corner...

Even the crashes are terrible in FM lol with the cars flying into the air at the slightest impact or rolls at the slightest bit of kerb, GT5 isnt any better but they both have cartoon crashes.

You claim FM oversteer physics are better, yet you cannot do lift-off oversteer properly, Or at all really... So 80% of the FM driving physics are broken straight away making what u say wrong..

FM is pretty much the only game that u need a handbrake to chain drifts together in close spaced corners, In all other games, and IRL u can use weight transfer and power to do it, FM's autosteer will just prevent u from going same steering angle from corner to corner without slowing down or handbrake.

Ive hardcored FM since FM1 release date but after trying GT5 for a few days it swung my decision to get a PS3 instead of a 3rd (or 4th) replacement 360.
Quote from Foilpact :Even without the visual "Bug" of the wheel, You can see it outside the car and even when using a wheel controller, doesnt let u get full control when u want. If what u say is true then why can u not go from 1 way donut to other in FM? Every time i try i go donut 1 way to 1 huge understeer arc when try to switch directions, Trying to drift sideways from corner to corner at extreme angles doesnt work in FM because of this...

Even going too fast into a corner, FM will not turn the wheels and u will understeer off the road head on, In RL, and GT5 if u lift off and swerve wildly u will probably loose control or get round the corner tokyo style, Forza doesnt even make an attempt to get round the corner...

Even the crashes are terrible in FM lol with the cars flying into the air at the slightest impact or rolls at the slightest bit of kerb, GT5 isnt any better but they both have cartoon crashes.

You claim FM oversteer physics are better, yet you cannot do lift-off oversteer properly, Or at all really... So 80% of the FM driving physics are broken straight away making what u say wrong..

FM is pretty much the only game that u need a handbrake to chain drifts together in close spaced corners, In all other games, and IRL u can use weight transfer and power to do it, FM's autosteer will just prevent u from going same steering angle from corner to corner without slowing down or handbrake.

Ive hardcored FM since FM1 release date but after trying GT5 for a few days it swung my decision to get a PS3 instead of a 3rd (or 4th) replacement 360.

I never played FM1, maybe I should because it seems like a deciding factor in understand both games physics respectively.
Quote from BlueFlame :I never played FM1, maybe I should because it seems like a deciding factor in understand both games physics respectively.

because FM2 and FM3 went downhill from FM1
Theres nothing really to see lol. Just that T10 after FM1 seemed to be more interested in dumbing Forza down for the masses with ricing, Stickers and autopilot stuck on instead of working on the "Sim" part of the game that they said whey were "improving".

Even Race Pro was a better "Sim" than Forza when it came to car handling and control.
Can I change the outfit of My A spec driver?.

And how can I make one of those photos were the driver takes a pose?
Do the seasonal events for helmets and suits, then click on your profile image and change them.
These developers need to realize that even if they perfectly simulate the car by the numbers (car will spin out at X speed at X angle with X input, on and on) It will never feel real without visible and realistic weight transfer and tire models. For instance it is entirely possible to flip a road car on dry flat pavement due to weight transfer and tire grip, but you would never know it playing FM3 or GT5.
Quote from flymike91 :These developers need to realize that even if they perfectly simulate the car by the numbers (car will spin out at X speed at X angle with X input, on and on) It will never feel real without visible and realistic weight transfer and tire models. For instance it is entirely possible to flip a road car on dry flat pavement due to weight transfer and tire grip, but you would never know it playing FM3 or GT5.

You can flip a roadcar on flat tarmac by grip in GT5
any proof of that?
I would really love to have my doubts removed on that subject. Proof would improve my opinion of the game; however, I am not willing to spend the time testing for myself.
Quote from legoflamb :I would really love to have my doubts removed on that subject. Proof would improve my opinion of the game; however, I am not willing to spend the time testing for myself.

I've seen videos of some cars with unrealistic setups and racing soft tyres rolling over on the top gear track.

It proves nothing, but then I don't think many cars irl would actually roll over in the "elk" test, or with any other treatment.
The new time trial is pretty fun. Nascars on suzuka
Done with a Mini on slicks with a normal racing setup. If you want pics or whatever, well tough.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Try the newest seasonal city race with stock m3 gtr with sport hard tires. Pretty fun combo
The new seasonals are quite fun. Just spend almost two hours trying to win the suzuka race in a stock mclaren gtr. Finally did it with abs 0 and all

Can't help bragging about it
i suspected it from playing around with suspension, but i didnt know it was confirmed, or i forgot.
Thinking of trying this again. Are the AI any faster? Do they still brake waaaayyy too early then come off, then on again, then brake again mid corner?

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG