The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
#326 - Uke
Quote from Boris Lozac :Just cannot wait.. btw just to drop a small 'flame' here played BC2 on pc at friends house the other day, and realised just how much it means to have vibrations while playing, it's just totally 'empty' on the mouse, is there a mouse that vibrates?

You're just begging for a PC vs. Consoles flamewar.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Just cannot wait.. btw just to drop a small 'flame' here played BC2 on pc at friends house the other day, and realised just how much it means to have vibrations while playing, it's just totally 'empty' on the mouse, is there a mouse that vibrates?

Hold your vibrator in your hand while playing. Problem?
#328 - Uke
Quote from Bose321 :Hold your vibrator in your hand while playing. Problem?

How hard is it to just ignore the troll?
Friendly bunch aren't ya.. I've put smilies and all, and said a legitimate statement, it's just way better with vibrations..
lol, 150 pounds And it's only when you are shot, there's no vibration from the rifle
Because you don't get a vibration from the gun in the center of your chest. Sure you are going to get it in your hands, but why would your hands vibrate when you get shot in your back? I would much rather have a vibration hit me on a certain part of the body that I was shot by. If I am shot in the back, then I want to feel it in my back, not my hands.

That could even be used in racing simulators to simulate G-forces. Sure it is not going to be amazing, but it uses air pockets to put pressure on areas where you would feel the G's. I'll take that over a small plastic controller that vibrates my hands at every little thing.
Are you really debating the realism of certain controllers for a shooter game?

I don't know if I should laugh or be worried you two never get your hands on real weapons...
Quote from bbman :Are you really debating the realism of certain controllers for a shooter game?

I don't know if I should laugh or be worried you two never get your hands on real weapons...

Quote from Boris Lozac :it's just way better with vibrations..

But bbman, its sooooo much better with vibrations!

:rolleyes:
I was in military thank you very much.. I'm just saying, it's awesome when you can judge how far a tank is away from you, just by vibrations, or a grenade etc.. not to mention the recoil.
I'm going to hear it before anything. It's more about whatever floats your boat. If a vibrating controller does it for you, thats fine. I'd rather have the more options that PC provides.
#337 - Uke
Just stfu Bf3 will be great on every platform.
#338 - Uke
I just got into the alpha, now people can really be jelly.
Quote from Uke :I just got into the alpha, now people can really be jelly.

Same. Only thing is I'm on vacation and can't play it over here.

FML
#340 - Uke
Quote from Bose321 :Same. Only thing is I'm on vacation and can't play it over here.

FML

And it's only 4 days left. But I'll enjoy those
Me too, but all I can say is I'm dissapointed with the game atm, feels nothing like Battlefield 2, even Bad Company 2 is better than this..
Quote from lukelfs :Me too, but all I can say is I'm dissapointed with the game atm, feels nothing like Battlefield 2, even Bad Company 2 is better than this..

That sounds bad, how come it feels so bad?
Quote from Bose321 :That sounds bad, how come it feels so bad?

Well it doesn't help that my FPS is low, but it just feels sluggish and just not like a battlefield game should be like (Battlefield 2 etc. lol)

Things like you can't jump over things easily, it's like the animation has to be played before you can jump lol. Also the FOV is zoomed in like BC2 (but in BC2 you can change it) yet you can't change it in this game.

But it maybe because it's a console port

I also don't like how you have to launch the game through the web browser (and select your server)
Quote from lukelfs :Well it doesn't help that my FPS is low, but it just feels sluggish and just not like a battlefield game should be like (Battlefield 2 etc. lol)

Things like you can't jump over things easily, it's like the animation has to be played before you can jump lol. Also the FOV is zoomed in like BC2 (but in BC2 you can change it) yet you can't change it in this game.

I also don't like how you have to launch the game through the web browser (and select your server)

#1 it is alpha

#2 DICE said the pc version is not a console port, the pc version is being ported to consoles.
Quote from mutt107 :#1 it is alpha

#2 DICE said the pc version is not a console port, the pc version is being ported to consoles.

I realise it's a alpha but I doubt it will be any better in the full release

Well then they suck at making a PC game then, it's all graphics tbh.. It's nothing like BF2..
whenever I see people playing BF2 (PC) at the internet arcade, it's just them wandering around a desert map with a sniper rifle, occasionally blowing people's heads off from miles away. The matches I played on the console were pretty similar, but not as boring, with closer battles and even some cqb action. Nevertheless I'm very excited for this game, as should you no matter what you play it on.
#347 - Uke
Quote from lukelfs :Well it doesn't help that my FPS is low, but it just feels sluggish and just not like a battlefield game should be like (Battlefield 2 etc. lol)

The jump animations are bugged atm. It also is the cause for the invisible walls you have to jump over, I'm pretty confident they wont leave that kind of stuff in the game. And IMO it doesn't feel like bfbc2 OR bf2, and I think the way the guns handle is better than in either of those. The paris map is quite horrible meat grinder rush map, but in the full game i will be playing conquest anyway.
DICE also said they DON'T want it to feel like BF2, they wanted to create a new game, not bf2 repackaged.
Quote from mutt107 :DICE also said they DON'T want it to feel like BF2, they wanted to create a new game, not bf2 repackaged.

Well then they shouldn't have slapped 'Battlefield 3" on the cover then. Battlefield 1942/Vietnam/2/2142 were all the same but different era's...
Quote from lukelfs :Well then they shouldn't have slapped 'Battlefield 3" on the cover then. Battlefield 1942/Vietnam/2/2142 were all the same but different era's...

Battlefield 1942 felt very much different from BF2

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG