The online racing simulator
Quote from Iginla :Nice job from him :P Maybe he drivers someday on F1 with Williams

With the testing restrictions, he is not allowed to drive any 2009 or 2010 models during the season. But who knows, Williams might call him for the newbie tests at Bahrein in a few months. Don't know the date though.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :With the testing restrictions, he is not allowed to drive any 2009 or 2010 models during the season. But who knows, Williams might call him for the newbie tests at Bahrein in a few months. Don't know the date though.

didnt he drove it on pre-Silverstone test?

http://twitpic.com/22y2a4/full

so thats like...just recently
Quote :With the testing restrictions, he is not allowed to drive any 2009 or 2010 models during the season

straightline...but he still drove it :P

i wouldnt mind to drive it only in a straight line XD
now we just need him to mention LFS to them
#81 - robt
Nice win by Mr. Bottas today.
Could be sooner, lets hope Hulkenburg gets the jackboot so Valle gets his shot! I can see all people on LFS stop arguing on F1 threads to support Valle heheheheh
Seeing him in the real deal for 2012 would be just epic!
Bottas gets a GP3 ART seat for 2011

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88473

More or less of a "logical" move since AFAIK ART has no more seat to propose in GP2(with Gutierrez and probably Bianchi). That said it will be a bit all or nothing for him next year I guess, he will be one of the most experienced driver of the field, if he's not constantly on top, it'll probably mean end of F1 hopes for him.
Quote from bunder9999 :I wonder if that means Maldonado will get his Williams seat after all...

http://planetf1.com/news/3213/ ... hing-for-a-Williams-drive

Good stuff for Bottas though, I'd rather be on the road than hiding in a paddock too.

Errr, I really don't think Bottas has ever been on Williams list for 2011. Even if Williams wasn't struggling for money, I doubt they'd consider someone who has never driven in GP2/WSR in that period of very limited testings. People moving from F3 to F1 wasn't that much rare back a few years ago, when you could make them run on fridays in a 3rd car. Now even successful GP2 drivers have difficulties to adapt themselves quickly(see Grosjean's, Hulkenberg's, or Petrov's first races).

Now a F1 seat looks unlikely before 2013 for Bottas. GP3 isn't a real way forward, maybe if he does well that'll help to get an ART seat in GP2 in 2012 though.
After a good pre-season, bottas has just been described as a bit of a failure by the eurosport commentators, I tend to agree aswell. Shame, was expecting more of him this season
Impressive stuff from Bottas today, climbing from 11th to 3rd on the dry, then challenging Haryanto and Williamson for the lead as the rain hits the Ring at 2 to go, holding the lead for a few corners, then falling back to 3rd. Still a well deserved podium
First GP3 win for him this morning, from 6th on the grid.
Hungry quali results:

1. Valtteri Bottas FIN Lotus ART 1.36,536
2. James Calado GBR Lotus ART + 0,330
3. Mitch Evans NZL Arden + 0,429
4. Aaro Vainio FIN Tech1 + 0,510
5. Michael Christensen DEN Mücke + 0,591
6. Rio Haryanto INA Manor + 0,633
7. Nico Müller SUI Jenzer + 0,703
8. Tom Dillmann FRA Addax + 0,714

wait wat who the hell is Aaro Vainio
Sims?
Sims disqualified, good news for Melker!
Quote from Myffe :wait wat who the hell is Aaro Vainio

Aaro Vainio is a Finnish ex Maranello-Kart Factory driver. Drove Formula Renault 2.0. And now GP3.

Good to see him at P4. Followed him for some time trough his Karting career.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG