The online racing simulator
Senna has never really shown any potential now and his had plenty of time, his finished.

Bottas should be in by Silverstone i reckon as long as Maldonado dominates him.
Let the true talent sit in F1 car, not Senna's talent for money and name.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Finally. Senna should GTFO.

Hey, it's just a silly rumour. Don't get so excited too early.

I reckon this might not all depends of Senna's results, but also of the checks he brings. Although Williams already have plenty of bucks coming from Chavez via Maldonado, and perhaps could do without a 2nd pay driver.

Making a replacement mid-season does not seem to be such a great idea though, as Bottas doesn't know many of the non-European tracks. I think they would rather do it for 2013.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Hey, it's just a silly rumour. Don't get so excited too early.

Yeah I know. I just want to see him in F1 already.
As much as I like Senna as a person, as a driver he just doesn't seem to cut it. Would be great to see Bottas in the hotseat, not just cos he's an LFS license holder but because he deserves it after being TD for so long.
IMO Senna's done pretty well this season. Would be a shame to kick him out just when he seems to have some momentum going.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :IMO Senna's done pretty well this season. Would be a shame to kick him out just when he seems to have some momentum going.

He had a good run at Malaysia but that's it.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yeah I know. I just want to see him in F1 already.

Yes, I understand. 2012 was going to be too early though, as making the jump from GP3 to F1 is a bit too much to ask.

That says, he's sitting in a pretty good place right now. I kinda like his career path so far. Several seasons of F3/GP3, then one season of Friday practices, while he can learn how an F1 team, work with no real pressure. Way to build an individual and make him mature properly, without rushing him into the headlights too soon(ie: Alguersuari).

Some could argue that a season of WSR/GP2 level might be missing. But avoiding GP2 might have been a good call, as the championship favours experienced drivers big times these days, which makes it hard for rookies to get into pace quickly.

That said, we might been burrying Senna too soon. Keep in mind that he was leading Maldonado in the points before Barcelona, 14 to 4. And he has had a fabulous drive in the wet at Sepang, as BlueFlame pointed out.
Quote from BlueFlame :He had a good run at Malaysia but that's it.

In the two races he actually finished, he was in the points, and ahead of his teammate. The races he didn't finish were not his fault.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :In the two races he actually finished, he was in the points, and ahead of his teammate. The races he didn't finish were not his fault.

Most retirements aren't fault of the driver these days.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :In the two races he actually finished, he was in the points, and ahead of his teammate. The races he didn't finish were not his fault.

Its mainly the qualifying performance thats being looked at, in that regard he is being destroyed.
yes
Quote from Mustafur :Its mainly the qualifying performance thats being looked at, in that regard he is being destroyed.

That said... With the new tyres, and the DRS gimmick making passing much easier, qualifying isn't as important as it was 2 or 3 years ago.
As long as Maldonado keeps a firm Grip over Senna, Bottas will be in his seat, whether its this year or next it will happen.
Before Spain, most people would have said Senna is better than Maldonado. Judging someone on 1 race is always dangerous. I'm fairly sure most drivers on the grid are capable of winning races given the right opportunity, so to turn Maldonado into a hero for doing it is quite stupid, and saying Senna is sh*t for not doing it is also stupid.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Before Spain, most people would have said Senna is better than Maldonado. Judging someone on 1 race is always dangerous. I'm fairly sure most drivers on the grid are capable of winning races given the right opportunity, so to turn Maldonado into a hero for doing it is quite stupid, and saying Senna is sh*t for not doing it is also stupid.

I agree.
Quote :Valtteri Bottas says he is eager to get behind the wheel of the Williams Formula 1 car when he tests for two days at Silverstone from tomorrow.

The Finn, who has been the Grove squad's third driver this season, will take to the British track alongside the Marussia and HRT teams for the young driver test the three teams are carrying out at the British circuit.

Bottas will be in charge of driving duties on both days.

Full story http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101127
Bottas tops timesheets for Williams on opening morning of young driver test at Silverstone

Quote :Valtteri Bottas topped the timesheets for Williams on the opening day of Formula 1's young driver test at Silverstone.

Each driver set his quickest time on the soft compound in dry and sunny conditions in Northamptonshire.

Bottas did 50 laps, completing aerodynamic testing early on and lapping consistently in the 1m32s bracket before moving onto setup work. He eventually got down to a 1m31.436s lap and will be running a race simulation in the afternoon session.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101149
considering the other two teams that tested where Marussia and HRT it would be expected.
Yes, but gaps of 5 and 8 seconds say that after all he did a REAL good job

Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Renault 1m31.436s
2. Max Chilton Marussia-Cosworth 1m36.558s + 5.122s
3. Ma Qing Hua HRT-Cosworth 1m39.462s + 8.026s

However, the end of the test brought a bit more reasonable gaps on International circuit

Pos Driver Team Time
1. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Renault 48.963s
2. Max Chilton Marussia-Cosworth 49.932s + 0.969s
3. Rio Haryanto Marussia-Cosworth 50.405s + 1.442s

what was times of compare to williams drivers?
Taking nothing away from the guy but the car is about 3 sec quicker, add the fact he has been driving the car for almost a year now and did FP1 at Silverstone a year ago when the other two have never driven an F1 car before, he should have been quicker than them. Not much to take from these results in my opinion, Valterri needs to get himself a big sponsor and get a seat in F1 before he can move up.

Quote from Franky.S :what was times of compare to williams drivers?

Not really a fair comparison as today and yesterday was pretty rubbish weather and a lot colder than sunday.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG