The online racing simulator
Quote from chanoman315 :why should he?

without knowing the person in question, i don't really know if he had an IRL racing career, but the last person i saw this kind of thread about didn't, and he gave props where they were necessary.
Quote from bunder9999 :without knowing the person in question, i don't really know if he had an IRL racing career, but the last person i saw this kind of thread about didn't, and he gave props where they were necessary.

obviously he didnt jump from LFS to F1 or F3, so he shouldnt give credit to SimRacing
Quote from chanoman315 :obviously he didnt jump from LFS to F1 or F3, so he shouldnt give credit to SimRacing

you don't know that, and neither do i.

sometimes i wonder why i even bother posting.
Quote from bunder9999 :you don't know that, and neither do i.

sometimes i wonder why i even bother posting.

because it is impossible to climb from nothing or go karts to F3 just by simracing... Norbi is some racing cars, but no one has evr made it to a Formula thing using simracing, not even Greger Hutu who is supposed to be hte best
Quote from chanoman315 :obviously he didnt jump from LFS to F1 or F3, so he shouldnt give credit to SimRacing

And you can't jump from Karting/real life racing to F1/3 on just raw talent, you need a thing called money, had a certain Schumacher not been spotted and helped by Weber, had DC not been the son of a wealthy haulage company owner, then they wouldnt have got to where they were.

And had you or I been interested in motorsport with a wealthy family then I'm sure we'd be trying to work our way up the ladder if we had some talent.
The guy has been racing since he was a kid. He had a decent karting career, into a decent car career. He's the very typical signing into an F1 team. very typical for Williams as well to sign this type of driver.
Quote from boothy :And you can't jump from Karting/real life racing to F1/3 on just raw talent, you need a thing called money, had a certain Schumacher not been spotted and helped by Weber, had DC not been the son of a wealthy haulage company owner, then they wouldnt have got to where they were.

And had you or I been interested in motorsport with a wealthy family then I'm sure we'd be trying to work our way up the ladder if we had some talent.

Everyone knows you need money. What I'm saying is that he shouldnt say LFS helped or say something related to LFS, and that's what one guy was saying, why he didnt say something related to LFS; how good was it, or how it helped.
Money Money Money..

No way, i would never say LFS Has helped me, I Sent a message to them saying I Would advertise on the side of my car. They didn't reply and a week later they had stickers on the shop. Cheap gits..

He hasn't been on LFS In like 2 years?

The only way he would probably say simracing helped him is through the F1 Williams simulation [If they have one]
#34 - wild
Quote from Jordan2007 :Money Money Money..

No way, i would never say LFS Has helped me, I Sent a message to them saying I Would advertise on the side of my car. They didn't reply and a week later they had stickers on the shop. Cheap gits..

Why should they pay you to advertise LFS for them? They're not going to gain that much financially in the long term I presume from having you driving a car in a little league ..
Actual lol's But notice Jordan, the fast drivers in RL are also fast in LFS and you suck, what does this say?
Because that means a lot IMO..... I Play this game to have a laugh and to chat to some old friends.

So you seem to think everyone In Real life are fast on lfs.. True statement there mate lmao.

All im saying is that im offering them free advertisement on my car..
Quote from Jordan2007 :Because that means a lot IMO..... I Play this game to have a laugh and to chat to some old friends.

So you seem to think everyone In Real life are fast on lfs.. True statement there mate lmao.

As far as I have seen it is a true statement. The quickest guys in LFS that race in real life all do bloody well at it; Rudy, NickC, Duck, Norbi to name but a few, and now Vale. And I think that goes to show just how good a simulator is - anyone can set fast times on NFS or similar but on LFS it takes talent.
I knew about Bottas' racing career, but I did not know about his LFS career :eek:

What is the big deal about not mentionign LFS? It's not like certain Nascar driver who certainly has some kind of endorsement deal with iRacing.
That is actually pretty awesome.
Congrats!
Congrats!

Quote from Jordan2007 :

All im saying is that im offering them free advertisement on my car..

You see, the difference between you and Duck, Norbi, NickC or Rudy is that you are trying to find excuses, saying that basically you couldn't be bothered to try to be fast on LFS "because it's just a game", while they're actually just setting kickass times the minute after they plug their wheel

Seriously now, you've had more than 100.000 kilometers online, and I cannot find one half-decent PB in your online stats...

I also fail to see why having LFS stickers on your car for free would've helped you in your carreer... Nonsence, it just shows once again that you're not able to have a constructive argumentation:rolleyes:

Honestly, if I were one of the devs, I wouldn't even be bothered to reply to your request either. Why? Just because you've kept posting stupid posts in the official forums the last few months and also because you're a known wrecker... I know that you think that "This is the internet, this is just 4 fun, so I can do whatever I want", but honestly, this attitude shows pretty much your personnality. You feel free acting like a moron online just because you're protected by a screen, so people can't punch you in the face, admit it I'm sure you wouldn't dare having half of the words you've had there IRL.

I seriously doubt the devs are searching for someone like you to improve LFS's image, now.

/rant /offtopic. Sorry, just had to

Back on topic, awersome news, really. Doesn't matter if he isn't much online nowadays, seriously, I don't think he has much time for that nowadays.

Grats spdo, must be a special feeling for you now, to have a current F1 test driver in your former member list
I actually wanted to try and get a little interview with him and write a news story for our site, but I haven't spoken to him since the deal with Williams was signed and now I've seen that Rene has stolen my thunder anyway!

He'll be racing in F3 Euroseries again this year for ART and I know he'll be hoping to improve on the six 2nd place finishes he got in his rookie season. You can follow his progress on the F3 Euroseries website .

Who knows, a few years from now LFS might have an F1 World Champion!
#43 - 5haz

Perhaps they don't want to ascosciate themselves with you...

I don't blame them, especially after you talking about your karting shenanigans, if you want to further your racing 'career', ou really should keep those kind of things quiet.

Regardless, its a grand achievement and he deserves congrats from us all, F1 teams, especially Willaims, don't sign any old idiots.

Quote from joshdifabio :Who knows, a few years from now LFS might have an F1 World Champion!

Just watch me.
Quote from Jordan2007 :He hasn't been on LFS In like 2 years?

No. Last of his information on LFSW is from 9th July 2009.
Quote from joshdifabio :I actually wanted to try and get a little interview with him and write a news story for our site, but I haven't spoken to him since the deal with Williams was signed and now I've seen that Rene has stolen my thunder anyway!

Lol! Didn't mean to steal your thunder!
Would be awesome to still see an interview, if you can manage to get hold of him
Pff.. everyone just.. Be happy for him.

I think it's way cool! :P
Thats friggin awesome.
I sort of hope we get to see him in a race this year.

Quite a bit ironic that Iracing just did their deal with Williams F1 too.
Quote from Rappa Z :Quite a bit ironic that Williams just did their deal with Williams F1 too.

huh?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG