The online racing simulator
lex genassi ruling IndyCars today
IMO the non-penalty was the right call on the Power-Franchitti incident.

On the other hand, I don't buy Chip saying the multiple failed restarts weren't intentional.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :IMO the non-penalty was the right call on the Power-Franchitti incident.

On the other hand, I don't buy Chip saying the multiple failed restarts weren't intentional.

Not the first time he does it.. Guess its the only way to stop Power is to hit him of..
Power left the inside open, Franchitti held the line along the inside wall, Power cut across his nose. Power's problem, IMO.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Power left the inside open, Franchitti held the line along the inside wall, Power cut across his nose. Power's problem, IMO.

Not according to his twitter, I think Dario's off the Christmas car list this year.

I understand why Power feels the way he does, and credit where credits due, Dario held his hands up and admitted he was at fault, but the way Power is acting right now is a bit out of order. By no stretch of the imagination is Dario a dirty driver, but Power effectively claimed he was the dirtiest on the track. Having said that I was surprised that no one got a penalty in that race, I suppose it was consistent throughout though.
I headed down to the corner at the end of Lakeshore yesterday to check out the race. Missed the beginning and couldn't see a damn thing (just like when you buy a ticket to that place, can't see dick all) but it was interesting none-the-less. Lots of attrition. Caught Tag's flip with my own eyes.

I wish Toronto's circuit was more spectator friendly. It's a great track in a great location (5 minute walk from my condo, I can see it from my doorstep), but there's nearly no point in actually going to the race.
I've gone to the St.Pete race. Best thing to do there is to get on something high up. Lots of people watch from balconies or rooftops. One year we got on top of the parking garage with Firestone (thanks dad). You can see it in T1. The bottom of the parking garage was where the team's worked. On one side you could see the cars get filled up. Alittle past that was pit lane, as well as the track. Great spot.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Not according to his twitter, I think Dario's off the Christmas car list this year.

I understand why Power feels the way he does, and credit where credits due, Dario held his hands up and admitted he was at fault, but the way Power is acting right now is a bit out of order. By no stretch of the imagination is Dario a dirty driver, but Power effectively claimed he was the dirtiest on the track. Having said that I was surprised that no one got a penalty in that race, I suppose it was consistent throughout though.

Speak in haste, repent at leisure. Stick a microphone under a driver's nose after a race like that and he'll say all sorts of things that, on reflection, might not be the smartest thing to say. eg Hamilton.
Quote from PMD9409 :I've gone to the St.Pete race. Best thing to do there is to get on something high up. Lots of people watch from balconies or rooftops. One year we got on top of the parking garage with Firestone (thanks dad). You can see it in T1. The bottom of the parking garage was where the team's worked. On one side you could see the cars get filled up. Alittle past that was pit lane, as well as the track. Great spot.

Yea, my friend's boyfriend owns one of the units in the condo closest to the track. He used to watch from his balcony, until he moved to Runnymede. Still owns the unit, though, he just rents it out now. We can hear the cars from our building, just can't see
HAHAHAHAHAHA Will Power flicking off the camera had me rolling on the ground crying.

feel bad for him though... and after Franchitti took himself out...
#136 - CSF

Cookoo cookoo....... moron. Cracks up every season.
Well he's got a good reason to get pissed off really..
#138 - CSF
He still gets 5th. Though in the incident if he hadn't turned right he would have got away unscathed... he was slow as hell all race too.
Yeh but all the damage that the stewards caused... I'm pretty sure they're not the ones that are gonna pay for that :P. The teams have a good reason to be pissed even though it ended up with the right order.
#140 - CSF
I believe the damage was caused by Danica slamming the throttle to be perfectly honest.
Quote from CSF :He still gets 5th. Though in the incident if he hadn't turned right he would have got away unscathed... he was slow as hell all race too.

he could have had a chance if the second rain caution was not called due to his alternate strategy. but on the other hand we saw what happens if there is not a race caution

EDIT: Whohooo criticism on race control by BSkyB Sports 4... Who is the liar? Michael Andretti, who said he was in communication with race control, Brian Bernhart, who said he only had information by the safety crew and track observers? AND I agree ith Marino Franchitti: It's a shame that race control decided on their own and did not collect the information from the drivers.
why was Danica slamming on the power anyways? No one was within a lap of her on either side, she only had to get it around the track for 10 laps without being lapped or crashing...
I think Power got hit from behind by Sato to start his spin, but yeah... what a farce that race was.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I think Power got hit from behind by Sato to start his spin, but yeah... what a farce that race was.

Danica spun, he slowed up, and got hit from behind by Sato.
WTF at the whole race...just...WTF. Dario wrecking, TK going over, Taku nearly getting his first oval win.

And Will Power spawning a new internet meme too. Epic win/fail directing by ABC not cutting away.
Really hope no one was in the portapotty Kanaan knocked over.
#149 - CSF
Thankfully not. Thats another one from yesterday, just how did TK think he had no involvement in the cause of that crash?
Quote from CSF :He still gets 5th. Though in the incident if he hadn't turned right he would have got away unscathed... he was slow as hell all race too.

Hey, give the guy a break... First of all, that gesture occured right after he exited his car, no one knew what would the officials decide at that point. Remember, the race was still officially under yellow, he only got 5th back once: a) the officials stopped the race, b) decided to call it a day, and c) deemed the last restart void and called the results from the order prior to it.

Second, his pace wasn't that rubbish... He was one of the 7 drivers who stayed on the lead lap until the end. The penultimate restart was quite impressive too, going from 7th to 4th with heavier fuel load.

Third, the guy has had his fair amount of bad luck this season, getting taken out at several occasions while having a top 5 car, no wonder why he's starting to have enough.

Fourth, what kind of reaction do you expect from someone trying to win the champ and getting taken out at a few laps to go while being 5th? Exit the car in a calm fashion and cheerfully answer to interviews? Is giving the few kiddies watching something new to show at school such an unforgivable crime? And if it is, then is it really necessary to show on TV a close focus on the guy while he's walking down the pits?

Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :why was Danica slamming on the power anyways? No one was within a lap of her on either side, she only had to get it around the track for 10 laps without being lapped or crashing...

Danica was and on the lead lap in 6th when this occured.

Quote from TFalke55 :he could have had a chance if the second rain caution was not called due to his alternate strategy.

How? He was 5th, and everyone had enough fuel to make it until the end.

Quote from PMD9409 :She should dye her hair blonde.

So should Bia - the way she managed to lock her rear tyres at the very last minute while slowing her car down was quite impressive

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG