The online racing simulator
lol, those are great.
Quote from BlueFlame :Except the portal one, cos portal is shit.

Clasic answer of someon that can't finish the game and get stuck in the first lvls
I finished Portal and while it's a nice, original game, I wouldn't understand why people are going so crazy over it.
Quote from amp88 :Looks quite horrible to me. If you find yourself having lots of nested loops on a regular basis (without good reason!) you're probably doing something wrong.

Well-written code only needs a small amount of commenting. Choosing appropriate function and variable names means you should only need to give a high level comment of what each function does and some lower level explanation when you have something that's tricky or counter-intuitive. Commenting every line of code is a waste of time in the vast majority of cases.

Well, the code wasn't written by me so I commented everything as the loop was a bit complex and the variables didn't make much sense. He used "vetor" that could be anything instead of "tickets" which is what this loop is generating and other variables that didn't look very intuitive. Not even the guy who gave me that knew what anything did or how it worked (I guess he didn't write it after all ). The rest of the program in its current stage has no comments whatsoever. When I write the code myself it's rare that I have to comment something unless it's a bit more complex (like that loop), but then, I always choose obvious variables or at least something that makes sense. The thing is, after having some joint projects with other people on the same codes, I found that commenting a bit more to somewhat more complex or bigger parts is usually better so that they "know what you did there" instead of asking me.

In that case, I believe this loop is important and was a "quite smart" move in a concise code. It writes pseudo-random values of Bingo numbers to tickets (vetor[ind][cont]) where ind is the ticket number, and cont is used to save each of the 13 values of the ticket on the memory. There are also loops to check if the values are over 99 or 0, and/or if they are repeated (which they can't), in which case it generates a new number.

Then, another (separate) loop to print the numbers (I haven't bothered ordering them right now, though) from the vectors on a "DOS-like" interface. And I guess I'll need to make a few more loops to check if the bingo numbers match the ticket numbers. That's what I'm doing right now.
Quote from Inouva :Clasic answer of someon that can't finish the game and get stuck in the first lvls

Never played it, it's such an un-inspired game. All people say is 'OO ITS HARD'. That doesn't make a game good when all you do is shoot teleportation holes where-ever you want and effectively virtual parkour all over a stupid map.
Quote from BlueFlame :Never played it, it's such an un-inspired game. All people say is 'OO ITS HARD'. That doesn't make a game good when all you do is shoot teleportation holes where-ever you want and effectively virtual parkour all over a stupid map.

It's not hard though.

It's pretty easy in fact.
Quote from BlueFlame :Never played it, it's such an un-inspired game. All people say is 'OO ITS HARD'. That doesn't make a game good when all you do is shoot teleportation holes where-ever you want and effectively virtual parkour all over a stupid map.

If you knew Portal, you'd realize how big of an idiot you made yourself right now (again)...

Thank god that we have you, otherwise lfsforums would be a lot less entertaining.
Quote from bbman :If you knew Portal, you'd realize how big of an idiot you made yourself right now (again)...

You mean, if I had a friend that was a fool and influenced me so?

Portal isn't just a game, it's like Apple products, it's a retarded fad.

Essentially the game is called 'good' because you can create teleportation holes and teleportation exit holes. WOW. Amazing, I'm deeply compelled. Why don't I waste 40$ on it right now, infact, why don't I waste another 40$ on a game with a 2 on the boxart when it's the same game.

Yea, cos I'M an idiot.
I bet you bought L4D, AND L4D2 thinking that they were different.
It's a puzzle game.. Your trolling in this case doesn't quite hit the spot
Obviously Portal 2 is different, it has new puzzles and a continued storyline. The game mechanics are mostly the same.

Quote from bbman :If you knew Portal, you'd realize how big of an idiot you made yourself right now (again)...

this
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly- : nvrmnd, off to bed to avoid braindamage...
Why so sirius post more pics u r ruining my boner..
Played and completed both games. Yes they are fun, but so very, very overrated by its "fanboys". Its quite ridiculous... But you got to give it to Valve - you know you made a good money machine when you can get people to buy another game in hopes to unlock your product couple hours early.
Okay I'll post pictures, BUT NO BONERS IN THIS THREAD

Quote from DevilDare :Played and completed both games. Yes they are fun, but so very, very overrated by its "fanboys". Its quite ridiculous... But you got to give it to Valve - you know you made a good money machine when you can get people to buy another game in hopes to unlock your product couple hours early.

Glad someone shares my P.O.V at least half way anyway..
Quote from RasmusL :quote

There will never be Portal 3.

Why you ask? Valve cannot count to three.

i dont get it.
Where are the flames?
Quote from hrtburnout :

That image is disgusting given the circumstances....

He drove a GT3

(RIP)
Poor car.
This thread is closed

The inevitable picture thread III: Revenge of the funnies
(14533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG