The online racing simulator
Vettel's been a lucky ducky for so many races so it was fun to see his sour face for a change. Killer race but the I could have watched the Inception during the intermission.
Quote from spankmeyer :Vettel's been a lucky ducky for so many races so it was fun to see his sour face for a change. Killer race but the I could have watched the Inception during the intermission.

We could have had a full Grand Prix during the red flags. The red flags went for 2 hours.
Quote from DevilDare :No worries. A quick penalty for Button, and normal services will be resumed.

(Vettel 1st)

Hope so... But we all know FIA is crap as it is... I guess he'll just get a 10 place penalty for next race and that's it.
2?
I lost track.

Absolutely amazing drive from the back however it's looked at, 6 visits to the pits too.

Man of the match...
Comedy fat Marshal
What a race, what a drive from Schumi, such a shame that he came short for podium.
Great race indeed afterall, yet I can't shake the feeling that the double DRS zone robbed us from even better racing. Real racing, where turning the wheel counts for a lot more than pushing a button on time... Nevertheless the end results are all in all fair I'd say. Hell of a race for Button and Schumi (shows he still gots it, Rosberg is only 11th)!

A second point to measure the main straight DRS should have been used, it was obvious before the race even started.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Thing is, Webber never would have been close enough to use DRS if his car wasn't significantly faster than Schumacher's.

So either you have slow cars holding faster cars up indefinitely due to shitty aero interference, or you have the faster car zooming past with DRS to compensate for the shitty aero interference.

DWB is right. The way I see it the DRS balances out the massive aero dependency. The DRS itself wont make the HRTs pass the Red Bulls. Maybe the advantage of the DRS is a little too big. But I'd much rather have the DRS than have massively slower cars holding up faster cars for ages and ages

BTW, has anyone noticed that Hispania out raced the Virgins on the final lap? Actually it's a job well done for both Luizzi and Karthikeyan

Quote from GianniC :Great race indeed afterall, yet I can't shake the feeling that the double DRS zone robbed us from even better racing.

Oh you mean a race with no passing? Ok gotcha
Quote from DeadWolfBones :So either you have slow cars holding faster cars up indefinitely due to shitty aero interference, or you have the faster car zooming past with DRS to compensate for the shitty aero interference.

Those double drs zones with one timing point was pure bollocks though... Many possible great batles were killed when the car that just had went by could still use his drs again on the mainstraight...
I'm still shaking after that final lap :hyper:
Quote from Hyperactive :Those double drs zones with one timing point was pure bollocks though... Many possible great batles were killed when the car that just had went by could still use his drs again on the mainstraight...

^This.

Button won, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a penalty.
Imho Button was fully alongside and on the inside. Alonso's attempt to retake the place was never going to work. Racing incident but the blame (if any) lies with Alonso, Button can't do much to prevent any contact.

Button's block on Lewis was probably worse. Watch it from the front and there's a definite move to the left the moment Lewis moves left. Maybe not a block, but definite "discouragement".

Brilliant race.
Kinda makes the Monaco penalties rather laughable if Button keeps win. 2 cars in the wall...?
Would appreciate a video of that fat marshall My stream was cutting all the time so i missed that..
Button was ahead, but perhaps should have given more room at the second apex.

But still - what a drive. From last, via 1400 pitstops, a drive through and a puncture, to a last lap win... You couldn't write it!
Button, slowest winner of the longest F1 race of history.

That 6 stopper must have been a record of some sort too. So does winning after having being under investigation for 4 different incidents - but I'm sure someone will beat that very soon considering considering the stewards' current activity.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :0.005 sec

it was more like 0.02 IIRC.

Quote from lizardfolk :BTW, has anyone noticed that Hispania out raced the Virgins on the final lap? Actually it's a job well done for both Luizzi and Karthikeyan

HRT has actually caught up on Virgin very well actually, and I'm sure they will pass them soon as Virgin has just stopped working on the 2011 carto focus on 2012.

Best ever result beaten(or equaled?) for HRT, too bad they didn't get 12th as this would have promoted them to 9th at the champ.

Quote from Hyperactive :Those double drs zones with one timing point was pure bollocks though... Many possible great batles were killed when the car that just had went by could still use his drs again on the mainstraight...

So true. DRS is bollocks IMO, but even more when it is being used in such a senseless way.
button did a great drive in the last laps and therefore he deserved the win somehow
but to be honest, 80% of the race he did not the smartest things and its only due to enough people stuffing their cars in the wall to get some nice SC that he won^^
Quote from tristancliffe :Button was ahead, but perhaps should have given more room at the second apex.

But still - what a drive. From last, via 1400 pitstops, a drive through and a puncture, to a last lap win... You couldn't write it!

Awwwwww.
Quote from 'GreyBull [CHA :

Best ever result beaten(or equaled?) for HRT, too bad they didn't get 12th as this would have promoted them to 9th at the champ.

For F1 rejects both Luizzi and Karthikeyan are doing very well in HRT imho. It's nice to see the two not fail in F1 for once
Quote from Intrepid :Kinda makes the Monaco penalties rather laughable if Button keeps win. 2 cars in the wall...?

Not at all, Jenson didn't cause either accident. Lewis has caused all of his recently.
Quote from AndreABG :only due to enough people stuffing their cars in the wall to get some nice SC that he won^^

In Monaco only [arguably! :P] due to enough people stuffing their cars in the wall to get some nice SC that he didn't win..... Swings and roundabouts!
Quote from lizardfolk :For F1 rejects both Luizzi and Karthikeyan are doing very well in HRT imho. It's nice to see the two not fail in F1 for once

The thing is though there are 22 other drivers on the grid who are all quicker than them. It's kind of nice to see them well but I'm not a fan as long as their reason to be in is to be in F1 instead of racing in F1. All they are literally doing now is to sit on last position and pick positions when others drive into wall or into others.
we could bet on how many more races it takes lewis to get 6 month ban
Quote from tristancliffe :Button was ahead, but perhaps should have given more room at the second apex.

He put his team mate into a wall, understeered into alonso and took him out of the race and the 3 overtakes he did do were all gifted to him. I don't think he should be penailsed for the Alonso incident but will be interesting to see the one with hamilton.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MTtudbPVQ8

...had Ruben's ended up in the wall that would've been his fault too? Nonsense.

Steward consistency or is Button allowed a free-pass to take out two cars? The Alonso one was his fault... but that's not how it works anymore

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG