The online racing simulator
#1 - Bean0
FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2011 (Montreal)
FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2011 (Montreal)

Fri 10 June 2011
Practice 1:
10:00 - 11:30
Practice 2: 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 11 June 2011
Practice 3:
10:00 - 11:00
Qualifying: 13:00 - 14:00

Sun 12 June 2011
Race:
13:00

All times local (UTC -4).

Race Date: 12 Jun 2011
Circuit Name: Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
Number of Laps: 70
Circuit Length: 4.361 km
Race Distance: 305.270 km
Lap Record: 1:13.622 - R Barrichello (2004)

Local Weather
Attached images
untitled.JPG
50/50 chance of rain. I hope it comes in patches during the race.
#3 - samjh
I hope it doesn't. It should be either a wet race or a dry one. The circuit is accident-prone enough patchy rain. Plus, safety car periods bore me.
McLaren victory.
Quote from samjh :I hope it doesn't. It should be either a wet race or a dry one. The circuit is accident-prone enough patchy rain. Plus, safety car periods bore me.

Then you don't want rain given the current state of drivers, that are reluctant to drive in the rain(Korean GP and every other rain race before it as example), patchy rain will mean at least they will race in the rain, and give a stir fry of strategy's.
Pirelli victory.
#8 - bbman
DRS crazyness.
Okay so ill post pics later. I saw webber twice
Wall of Champions victory.
Following strategy madness from the grandstands could be a decent challenge. I vote for on-track action. In turn 1. No rain.
Looking forward to Canadian GP as always. Hopeful to see Schumi with a decent result finally, as 7 times Montreal winner could finally have some good use of that Mercedes engine. Talking about engines, Ferrari should haul as well.
Rain? Yes, please.
Go sutil!
Lap 1-25 = Dry
Lap 25-45 = Wet
Lap 45-70 = Dry

My prediction.

Also interested in how the "curve" before the hairpin is going to affect DRS if at all.
Jensen Button, no more Vettel (for now anyway)
Petrov with the upset!

You never know...
Quote from PMD9409 :Petrov with the upset!

maybe... are there any sweet jumps at this circuit he can take?
DRS gubbins announced...

One detection point and 2 activation zones.
So if the car behind is close enough to enable DRS and passes in the first zone, he can then use it again in the 2nd zone to pull away. illepall
2 DRS zones and only one detection point is the worst idea ever. I doubt we'll see any good ''racing'' since it'll probably be so easy to pass by using DRS that the drivers won't try to overtake anywhere else.

Where's the difficulty in passing that makes it so amazing to watch if you can get past by pressing a button if you're close? The 1 second difference is also just idiotic since there's no way you can get past if you're one second behind. All you're doing with the DRS is then using it to boost your lap times and possibly to get closer to the driver in front. How's that good for racing?

Pirelli's new tires have already made it more possible to overtake so there's no reason for DRS. My opinion is that the whole DRS-system should be banished from F1. Besides, what happens if the DRS-system gets stuck say before corner 13? We've seen DRS get stuck so that it won't open but what if it gets stuck so that it won't close? In corner 13 it would result in severe crash.

I'm expecting an interesting race. I'm guessing that Red Bull can't win this race since Montreal is ''stop and go'' track which doesn't suit Red Bull that well. I'm also hoping it'll rain.
Since when has Montreal allowed the normal pecking order happen?
2010: Mclaren 1-2 despite redbulls being fastest, after epic tyre grain.
2008:BMW 1-2 after epic pit stop pile up.
2007: Hamilton got he's first win by demolishing Alonso who came 7th

Normal doesn't apply

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG