The online racing simulator
Quote from rockclan :Scawen

I once read something about improved AI.

Any chance to have that anywhere soon?

Thanks for working so hard!

they should get better with the tire update because they should be able to judge the tires better... i think that's what i read some months ago.
Quote from bunder9999 :they should get better with the tire update because they should be able to judge the tires better... i think that's what i read some months ago.

Ok, thanks for the info.
question about the 'incompatible patch.'

if the server has that patch, and i have it; then it can be used together? or if you have it you can't go online?

how does this work? cause if i just have to wait for the official before i can go online with it, then i would personally rather that.
Quote from logitekg25 :question about the 'incompatible patch.'

if the server has that patch, and i have it; then it can be used together? or if you have it you can't go online?

how does this work? cause if i just have to wait for the official before i can go online with it, then i would personally rather that.

Just like with all incompatible test patches - user with incompatible test patch can only join dedis that have same version as him (sometimes higher versions work too, e.g. Z35 client and Z36 server).
"AI can't drive on this configuration" KY,AS,WE qualifying
I've found a bug that seems to have gone overlooked so far.

I receive "AI can't drive on this configuration" and unable to start if I set a qualifying period with AI drivers present.

The tracks affected are.

Kyoto
Aston
Westhill

All standard configurations.

All other tracks work ok, and this problem did not exist in z31 at least.
Quote from Squelch :I've found a bug that seems to have gone overlooked so far.

Works fine for me on Z34, both in SP and MP.

Are you sure that the tracks were set to standard config when you tried it?

Granted I've only tried a couple of AS, KY, WE and FE combos, but the AI could join and drive in the standard configs...

Edit: Did you play around with the data/pth folder after you read Scawen's post? If any of those files are missing you'd get the same error message. Since you said WE, KY and AS, and these are the files in the pth folder...
Quote from Silverracer :Works fine for me on Z34, both in SP and MP.

Are you sure that the tracks were set to standard config when you tried it?
Granted I've only tried a couple of AS, KY, WE and FE combos, but the AI could join and drive in the standard configs...

Yes bog standard.
Quote :
Edit: Did you play around with the data/pth folder after you read Scawen's post? If any of those files are missing you'd get the same error message. Since you said WE, KY and AS, and these are the files in the pth folder...

Good suggestion, and yes I'd replaced the .pth files with the files from the smx pack a week or so back while testing out another theory. Checking the file dates reveals that the SMX pack are quite a bit older. That kind of breaks the whole purpose of my experiment based on those files.

Although my AI was pitting correctly during a race, I always ended the race before they entered garages, so I guess those .pth files control that. Edit: and leaving the garages during qualifying of course and why I had the problem now.

Thanks.
Scawen will u make the update for road cars to set steer lock to 60 degrees or 56 ?
I think he said somewhere in this thread that he could add that in a later patch, not now.
he is gona add that with the patch that include setup "lock" for the host.

if the server is gona run on default setup only or with free setup.. ( as it is now)
Bug?: In mouse clip mode (Ctrl + C), I can still move my mouse to the outside edge of the window. While using a mouse to steer (and using the left click button to accelerate) this can cause the undesired operation of stretching / reducing the window size.

Can you please make it so that the mouse is clipped to the render width and height so that it may not adjust the size of the window while in Mouse Clip Mode.
Quote from Dygear :Bug?: In mouse clip mode (Ctrl + C), I can still move my mouse to the outside edge of the window. While using a mouse to steer (and using the left click button to accelerate) this can cause the undesired operation of stretching / reducing the window size.

Can you please make it so that the mouse is clipped to the render width and height so that it may not adjust the size of the window while in Mouse Clip Mode.

I agree that is very annoying - now fixed in my version.
Mousers everywhere thank you!
Did anyone already said, that "Click on a car to follow it / look away to stop following" in edit mode is also very annoying?

And "look away" doesn't work pretty good... sometimes when looking into thy sky but e.g. not when looking at the horizon outside the track.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG