The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Initially when I read all this I thought "glad I didn't re-activate my account" but then on refection I think it's fair enough. It was a test, the objective of tests is to find problems so if you take part in such an event you have to accept that it is likely to go wrong.
Yeah I am not complaining at all. It was a stress test after all. I am just glad that I didn't wake up at 6 in the morning and didn't get to race at all :P
Quote from AstroBoy :
But id really like to see the restriction on mixed class racing lifted so i dont have to own both cars to race in it. Especially if i never intend to drive the other car.

+ 1. I wish they'd do something about that but as its an issue that brings more revenue if they leave it how it is, they probably wont.

multiclass purchase discount anyone?
The awks moment when your driving down pit lane and your car doesnt become invisible and you get nudged by someone going into your pit box xD

Funniest reaction though i was following a guy during a caution and his slowed down so ive slowed down as well but i nudge him and he went crazy!!!
His all "come on 12 hitting me under caution god whats your problem!!!" I lol'd
I wasnt loling later when i bombed through a wreck and barely touched a guy like i dont think i even touched him and i got 4x for car contact it was lol.
My race laterd finished after i over corrected and went into a wall and they couldnt repair the damage

iRacing full of lol moment and adrenaline pumping action
Quote from AstroBoy :
I wasnt loling later when i bombed through a wreck and barely touched a guy like i dont think i even touched him and i got 4x for car contact it was lol.

lol
Well im not sure if it's just me, but I think everyone who qualified got $3 worth of iRacing credit.

I didn't even register for the race. All I did was a qualifying session to record a time. *shrug*
I tried to get into the iR site while it was down, that was pretty much it, and got $3.

Quote :I know everyone is eagerly awaiting the new Nationwide car and we are eager to get it out to you. Unfortunately it does not appear it will be out this week. We are doing everything in our power to get this out to you ASAP.

I have seen a number of posts about just having us release the car as it is. Unfortunately this is not realistic as a tiny fraction of our members actually come to the forums or read the release notes to understand what we are releasing. Therefore we need to make the car perform as close to flawlessly as we can before we release it.

A piece of good news for you is that we plan on releasing ATLAS tomorrow.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Steve

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1476772.page
Yay, I got my 3$ too
-
(NSX_FReeDoM) DELETED by NSX_FReeDoM
Quote from PMD9409 :
Quote :
I know everyone is eagerly awaiting the new Nationwide car and we are eager to get it out to you. Unfortunately it does not appear it will be out this week. We are doing everything in our power to get this out to you ASAP.

I have seen a number of posts about just having us release the car as it is. Unfortunately this is not realistic as a tiny fraction of our members actually come to the forums or read the release notes to understand what we are releasing. Therefore we need to make the car perform as close to flawlessly as we can before we release it.

A piece of good news for you is that we plan on releasing ATLAS tomorrow.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Steve

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1476772.page

Thank you for the update, ineX P.Diaz. My account has been inactive for a while but I'm really interested into new tire model news.
Don't believe so. Me and Boothy just jumped into a random race because it had quite a few people signed up (went into 2 splits). 2 wheel action was fun though.
Exact same race was full last week at Watkins. Something brewing at that time slot Fri 0:45 GMT?
I believe so. Had people from many different parts of the world in that race!
"The early renewal bonus program is back!

Renew your membership for a year and we’ll send you $30 iRacing credits. You can use your credits to purchase cars or tracks, extend your membership further or even some hosted sessions.

Whether your membership expires this month or next year, you can still take advantage of this great deal. When you purchase another year it will be added to the length of your subscription so don’t worry about losing time. Feel free to extend by two or three years as well, you’ll get $30 iRacing credits for each year you extend.

To take advantage of this offer simply extend your membership by a year, we will do the rest. We’ll email you a promotion code for the $30 iRacing credits on June 3rd.

*Offer is good for existing accounts only. Offer expires May 31, 2011 at 23:59 GMT.Only 1-year renewals count towards program, however, multiple 1-year renewals are allowed on the same account. A 2-year renewal is not eligible for the bonus credits."
OMG the V8s look so awesome.
Quote from JasonJ :Exact same race was full last week at Watkins. Something brewing at that time slot Fri 0:45 GMT?

Thursday 2045 EDT race some people organised, getting 2 splits each week

No video, but I might be persuaded to make one at the end of the week, once I get the replay from the Monday morning one.
Has anyone received an email saying that if you renew your subscription, you get $30 credits free?

It says 'login to your existing account by clicking here' but the hyperlink points to http://email.izoocreative.com/ ... uid=905&L=372&F=H not the iRacing login.

Account phishing?
Quote from Crashgate3 :Has anyone received an email saying that if you renew your subscription, you get $30 credits free?

It says 'login to your existing account by clicking here' but the hyperlink points to http://email.izoocreative.com/ ... uid=905&L=372&F=H not the iRacing login.

Account phishing?

Does it eventually forward to the login page? If so, often large mailouts will contain tracking to verify if a link has been clicked on to gauge its effectiveness on drawing new traffic/members.

By the looks of it, iRacings email dudes botched the redirect. The usual tracking image is broken as well.
Yeah the email link is broken but, just log into the members page as you normally do then follow the emails instructions. Works without a problem

And yes the v8 is awsome, one of my favourite cars
If I already have an account in iRacing but its not active, can I get that indy 500 thing?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG