The online racing simulator
UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Simon Savage :So briefing is at 1.00pm still?

Proving my point exactly.

Tristan - you freak, rehearsal, own up and be a man, call it wanking.
I'm still on the scrounge for anyone with recording equipment for some in-kart footage. I'll bring the bullet cam and stuff down with me anyway just in case, you never know who might get bored of holding the camera track side and is willing to risk it in a kart

I think at this stage it's only fair that I reveal my real name (if I haven't done it before), so it's ... Decibella ! Umm, no, wrong thread ... it's Neil.

Look forward to seeing you all there
Hi there fellow lfsers!!! + karters

Not long now! really looking forward to it but already starting to feel the anxiety as I have never driven a kart before, so it should be an interesting day for me.

Loook forward to seeing you all there.

mad
I think I've PM'd everyone who is confirmed. If you didn't get a PM, and you know/think you should have then read this page to find out about the earlier briefing or the basic plan (involving the pub at 10:30 - 11:30).
Well for dSRC the event has begun

Bogey is heading south as i type from sunny ol Scotland. Picking up Ed and myself at various service stations on the way, heading down to sunny old Oxford for a barby at Bladey's this evening.

Weather is looking good here in Coventry atm (20 mins from Whilton Mill) and i'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow
Have fun dSRC, at least the weather is good (and apparently even warmer tomorrow).

Danowat has told me he can't make it now due to his home life buggering up him plans. Damn women...
Yep, let it be a lesson you all you single people, don't get too involved with women as most of them are freaking mental illepall

Hope you have a GREAT event chaps, maybe next time

Dan,
Good Luck and have fun everybody. Shame I cannot make it this year, but never mind.

Few points to remember:

Don't give Wendy an Inch in Karting
Don't let Wendy tell you he knows of a good pub
Don't Give Wendy your Phone Number

Have Fun

Regards

Fordie
whos this wendy fella then eh??? EH??!?!

4. Flip wendy the bird whilst driving
Ken? As in Ken Wilby? Or is it Bill Bendy? Or Den Wilby? I can't remember, suffice to say Will's name has a lot of comic alternatives

Everyone ready? :banana:
Quote from tristancliffe :Everyone ready? :banana:

My back aches, and my knee hurts. I'm well ready. Bring it on.
This looks like it's going to be very competitive.
nah ken is... a guy... GRRRRRRR

a.k.a Ken the Kun*

and alan - calm down lol
Still wish I could've come this year. Hope you all come back in one piece.

Well... One piece each. Y'know.
I'm heading for Will's for 10am, and I intent to be at the Station at about 10:20 ish to pick up Chris. I can come a few minutes earlier and pick you up, deposit you at the pub then return for Chris.

Damn only having 1 spare car seat

I'll PM you my mobile number in case you need it.
its a shame i cant make it this year :/
was really looking forward to that giant cookie tristan promised me
Quote from tristancliffe :

Everyone ready? :banana:

I have been nervous for a few days now - I just want to get in that Kart NOW!. I have watched the video's and read the notes that Alan posted links too, so I hope I can try and put them into practice!

Tim
Very usefull notes above, tho they have made me even more nervous! dammit.... but sure it will be all cool tomorrow.... cant wait to get on the track....

btw off topic... after the race u recon we will have the chance to watch some of the footie in some pub or somethink.... i can go without but it would be nice to catch atleast some bits of the portugal - england game.

mad
8 hours until I get up... should really get to bed really.

Anyway
* LFS hipflask - check
* LFS t-shirts - check
* maps of Northampton - check
* hotel reservation - check
* some clothes / even attire - will pack in morning
* a few LFS fans - will meet early morning
* lots more LFS fans - will meet later morning

Think I'm ready.

Haven't played LFS in days, I feel so ashamed. :ashamed:

:lfs:
Clothes - Check (Plenty of them)
Phone and Wallet - Check
Train Tickets - Check

Northampton here I come.
Day Clothes - Ironed - Check
Night clothes - Ironed - Packed
England shirt - Ironed - Packed
RAC route guide - check
Whilton Mill track guide - Check

there's always soemthing you have to come back for though. See you tomorrow guys :P
Quote from Alan Dove :Here's a bit of Friday night reading for you lot -

http://www.karting1.co.uk/whilton-mill-kart-track-guide.htm
http://www.karting1.co.uk/braking-karting.htm
http://www.karting1.co.uk/overtaking-karting.htm
http://www.karting1.co.uk/kartsteering-karting.htm

Nice reading, just one problem ...

The braking guide -
If I was to brake in the manner shown in that guide (remebering i'm not the lightest of people), everyone would know my braking point on the first corner, as the rear axle would be left lying there from when it was ripped unceremoniously from the kart. Then, to rub salt into my wounds, everyone would know what line I was taking to the apex of the first corner as the arse end of my kart leaves scrape marks on the tarmac

I don't think there's much point in me going to bed, i'm just too bloody excited
So if i'm missing tomorrow, you'll know I tried to stay up all night and then finally fell asleep at 7:30am

Well, this is it, one more sleep, then GO GO GO
T7R t-shirts - check (drying as we speak)
Maps and GPS - check
Hotel Reservation - check
Clothes - pack 'em tomorrow
Whilton Mill track guide - not needed
Fuel - stop on the way
Phone - charged (but will bring charger anyway)
Wallet - check
Keys - check
Helmet - check
Gloves - check
Ears - hmmmm, will go and get them
Boots - check
Cookies - get them tomorrow too (if they have them, should have gone tonight but played LFS instead, what with U10 out )
Lists of people - check
Maps to Whilton just in case - check
Cash - get on the fuel/cookie run
Screenwash juice - needs topping up but okay
Tyre Pressures - I'll kick them in the morning
Sunglasses - scratched due to mistreatment, but check
Old Jenson Button cap - check
USB stick with music on - bah, didn't get round to it, radio it is.

I think I'm good to go to bed now. See you all tomorrow, and I hope everyone has a decent journey.
Good Luck Everyone!
Hi all - I just wanted to say ' Have a Great Time you nutters' I wish i was going, maybe next year eh! anyway I hope everyone has an amazing day out.

I cant wait to see the video Give old Furball a wave will ya I dont post much but ive been here since s1 demo

Also - if England win (though im not into football) BUT IF they win - you lot will have one of the best nights ever cos all the Drunken Hooligans will be happy as f***

Peace & Good Luck all - Furball xxx

and remember - dont try and /restart at t1 - hehehehhe
Quote from tristancliffe :
Whilton Mill track guide - not needed

haha, we'll see about that Mr Tristan
This thread is closed

UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG