The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from baSh0r :I've already done that, sadly it didn't show any connection. IF or if i not use any programs in the background, thats why i am so shocked why this is maintaining.

How long does the stuttering persist when it occurs? Is it perhaps because your cpu is getting quite hot and starts throttling?
about 0-5 seconds. never more :\
Quote from AstroBoy :So quick question. I just go to 4.0 Rookie now im D 3.42 if i do the 4 races before Monday ill jump to C right?

Also to run in a multi car series i have to have the other car even if i dont drive it right?

You cannot go to C by just doing Rookie races, you need to complete your MPR (minimum participation requirement) in either your own or a higher class car, and since there's no D+ races in week 13, you cannot do your MPR to get to C.

Indeed, you need both cars.
Anyone know whats a good brake force curve factor for the NIXIM brake mod?
Quote from baSh0r :about 0-5 seconds. never more :\

You could reinstall your system and see if you still have this issue. I had the same problem with LFS and a fresh install did the trick.
:|||||||||||| i hate formatting!
i somehow gave up the thought that this is a software problem but rather overheating of cpu or gpu,

-> cpu would cause the cpu to lower the calculations if it gets too hot to protect itself, that would also include no FFB

-> gpu would slow down, would only describe the lags, but not the FFB fail.

Ill still try that Dave, Thanks!
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Anyone know whats a good brake force curve factor for the NIXIM brake mod?

Pretty sure they tell you to use 0.00 curve factor - or maybe that's buried deep in the iRacing forums. The higher the number towards 5.00 the less linear the brakes work. A higher number means the beginning of the brake movement there is very little brake input, and at the end the movement the input amount accelerates. This is very hard to use as the brakes jump into overdrive the harder you press. You can see this effect by pressing the brake halfway and sliding the brake curve factor slider simultaneously.

I made my own Nixim mod out of a rubber stopper and I have about 1/3 free movment then the pedal hits the rubber, which is almost the locking point of the brakes in game. I have to give an extra amount of force to lock up. I'm using 0.00 brake curve factor (linear).

After installing the mod you MUST recalibrate your brakes in the logitech profiler because the brake end point has changed with the mod - you can no longer fully compress the rubber and get the pedal completely to the end. (Mine only go about 2/3 down now). To recalibrate the logitech g25/g27, unplug the wheel's USB and plug it back in. Then open the wheel properties screen with the brake and gas indicators in RED and GREEN(fig1). Then depress the brake/gas/clutch as far as you can. Then close the properties screen and open a new iRacing session. Next recalibrate the brakes in iRacing(fig2) and set the brake curve factor to 0.00. You must do this recalibrate in iRacing for each car you have assigned custom controls for.

Attached images
Untitled1.jpg
Im fair loling and disgusted at the driving standards at Charlotte xD I mean its a wide open course and people still manage to crash and take each other out??
Ive dropped a full .30ish due to people failing at driving its kinda lol and frustrating at the same time.
Oh well by monday ill be happy again....now what car for oval D class? :S

Also a super random question. Where can i pick up good setups for all the cars??
@Charlotte: I did one race there in the Mazda MX5 without training.

I got punted by someone that gave me 4x

I started about 16th, and I finished the race in 3rd, as people kept failing.

LOL

@Setups: Have a look at the forums, there are some that share sets with other drivers
oh maaan they really need to either fix the SR and who was fault and only punish that one or remove it completly and let the people race what ever class they want. It´s ****ing unbelievable in last days I thought to myself oh well let level the sr to 3 or 4 so I can level up from d to c. At that point my sr was 2.59 from then on it was in every ****ing race somebody crashed into me and I get the 4x and often it happens twice and you go out of the race and realise you dropped again and again and again and again, then you have a lucky race nobody crashes into you and level up a little bit. So you say to yourself ok now I will do it enough bad luck. The next race you go into somebody crashs into you and you get punished I can´t ****ing see it anymore contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x

**** OFF YOU ****ING MORONS, how the **** can I get punished if somebody infront of me loses control and slides off and then back on the track right into me? What should I have done in such a moment? Tell Scotty to beam me out or what???
Week 13. That is all.
SR isn't broken, in real life doesn't matter who's fault it is, each driver pays for his own damage, same on iracing except you pay in SR.

as boothy said, week13. anyone thats been with iracing for more than 1 season will learn not to rely on week 13 for SR, unless you are very very carefull in the road series there's little or no chance of improving, no one in their right mind would drop into a rookie race to boost SR durring the regular 12 weeks yet so many seem to expect the driving to be magically better in week 13.

since fast track came in there's no great panic over SR anyway, just wait till week 1 starts and then grab the SR / MPR as quick as possible and then you're sorted
Quote from funRacer[83] :that is not an excuse for the broken sr..

It's not broken, it's working as designed. Creating a system to detect fault would take forever and have as many, if not more, complaints than the current system. I mean, I'd say in most incidents people could do more to avoid crashing into those who've spun etc, so making a system to absolve people behind who crash into spun cars of blame wouldn't be a good idea. It's not the best currently but it's decent enough, putting avoiding crashes as the responsibility of both parties.

Week 13 only has 1 official series in both road and oval, for the entire userbase to drive in. Of course, that is going to put a lot of people together who wouldn't normally race in the same series - namely complete rookies and class A drivers. I actually boosted my road iRating/SR last week 13, by qualifying well, and staying out of the incidents.

In general though you need to drive smart in iRacing, and assume everyone else is an idiot - plus if you're constantly getting into crashes then perhaps you need to look at your own driving
Quote from funRacer[83] :oh maaan they really need to either fix the SR and who was fault and only punish that one or remove it completly and let the people race what ever class they want. It´s ****ing unbelievable in last days I thought to myself oh well let level the sr to 3 or 4 so I can level up from d to c. At that point my sr was 2.59 from then on it was in every ****ing race somebody crashed into me and I get the 4x and often it happens twice and you go out of the race and realise you dropped again and again and again and again, then you have a lucky race nobody crashes into you and level up a little bit. So you say to yourself ok now I will do it enough bad luck. The next race you go into somebody crashs into you and you get punished I can´t ****ing see it anymore contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x contact 4x

**** OFF YOU ****ING MORONS, how the **** can I get punished if somebody infront of me loses control and slides off and then back on the track right into me? What should I have done in such a moment? Tell Scotty to beam me out or what???

First of all, calm down and second, just don't play when week 13 is here, that's how you don't loose some SR.I know it's a stupid advise
Rookie mistake, you should never take part in official racing during week 13, it's like deliberately poking a corned tiger....you're going to end up without an arm to write home with.

BTW the skip racing in the 24hr fun section have been a blast. 26 racers and some of the cleanest racing I've seen in iRacing for a while
You can boost your SR during week 13.

Wait to accelerate at the start, drive around in last and wait for everony else to fail.

I got from 16th to 3rd, but sadly someone kissed my ass at the first turn.
Quote from tinvek :SR isn't broken, in real life doesn't matter who's fault it is, each driver pays for his own damage, same on iracing except you pay in SR.

No, I lose my position and that is fine because that is what also happens in reality, but in iRacing they add to the lost position a punishment trough SR.. That would be like punishing Hamilton after he got crashed by Vettel with a +10 for the next race..

Quote :as boothy said, week13. anyone thats been with iracing for more than 1 season will learn not to rely on week 13 for SR, unless you are very very carefull in the road series there's little or no chance of improving, no one in their right mind would drop into a rookie race to boost SR durring the regular 12 weeks yet so many seem to expect the driving to be magically better in week 13.

The problem is not people crashing into me, I have no problem with that it´s human I also lose control or crash someone by braking to late or what ever. Hell even the fastest Racer like Hamilton and Vettel do stupid mistakes and crash other driver. Shit happens, but the problem is the broken SR punishes you when you haven´t done anything wrong..

Quote from Swiss-Spirit :You can boost your SR during week 13.

Wait to accelerate at the start, drive around in last and wait for everony else to fail.

I got from 16th to 3rd, but sadly someone kissed my ass at the first turn.

well that is what I am trying to do, last race I was driving really carefully never aggressive let the people pass if they are near me and always keeping a safety gap between me and the guy infront of me. And the race looked really promising for the most of the race but still there was one guy who managed to crash into me, two guys infront of me crashed into each other but because of the safety gap it was easy for me to avoid crashing into them, so I drive around them just to get hit by an idiot who was behind me.. Yes of course what a big chance he had there really great idea to try to drive trough me. ****ing great, so of course I get again 4x contact... Sooo much fun. Still I drove the race to the end and got a +0.1 I couldn´t ****ing belive it. +0.1 woooow. So see you on Sunday all you crasher in iRacing.
Anyone tried that game booster? Does it work?
Is that working like an ego-boost?

xD
Quote from 'funRacer[83 :That would be like punishing Hamilton after he got crashed by Vettel with a +10 for the next race..

You're still not getting it.

If Vettel crashed into Hamilton does Vettel have to pay for the damage to Hamiltons car? Nope. They (or the teams in that case) both have to pay for their own repairs, even though it was Vettels fault.

There is nothing wrong with the SR system. It goes up and it goes down.
Any half competent driver will have their SR go up more than down. If it goes down more than it goes up then you have to look at yourself.
Everyone gets caught up in other peoples mistakes now and again. If it's happening to you so often that your SR is never rising then you need to learn some accident avoidance skills.

Never race for SR in week 13.
Quote from The Moose :You're still not getting it.

I do understand what you are trying to say but it is just dumb as hell.

Quote :If Vettel crashed into Hamilton does Vettel have to pay for the damage to Hamiltons car? Nope. They (or the teams in that case) both have to pay for their own repairs, even though it was Vettels fault.

I already explained why that is bullshit so I will just copy paste:
Quote from funRacer :No, I lose my position and that is fine because that is what also happens in reality, but in iRacing they add to the lost position a punishment trough SR.. That would be like punishing Hamilton after he got crashed by Vettel with a +10 positions on the starting grid for the next race..

Quote :There is nothing wrong with the SR system.

I already explained what is wrong with the SR system.

Quote :It goes up and it goes down.

when it goes down while the driver is doing nothing wrong it is broken..
Quote from funRacer[83] :No, I lose my position and that is fine because that is what also happens in reality, but in iRacing they add to the lost position a punishment trough SR.. That would be like punishing Hamilton after he got crashed by Vettel with a +10 for the next race..

The above quote supports the following, and disproves your own point!

iRacing: lose position + lose SR
real life: lose position + lose money repairing car

You mention that you "only" got +0.1 - you need to read more about the SR system, and you'd know it's only on your last 2600 corners, so obviously you didn't improve that much only your corners per incident rate to warrant more of an SR gain...
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG