The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote :Staying on the community side of things, we have something very cool planned for the world’s fastest sim racer. I don’t want to spoil it for you, but let’s just say Greger is going to be making a trip here to the States very soon and he’ll get to do some very cool things. We will be capturing all of it on film to be shown on 3 Wide Life and on our website, plus it will be covered in Top Gear magazine.

Wow, that should be fun!! I wonder what they're planning.
Fun for Gregger maybe. There is a lot of speculation as to what car they will put him in. I hope he's up to it.

New sounds, improved graphics, new rookie car & a Williams F1. Looks like they are pulling out all the stops for the next build.
Hopefully Pocono will be out on wednesday....
And NEW forum wednesday....
OH SNAP! I was promoted to Class D! I thought you had to have a 4.0 safety rating? I've still got lots to learn haha.
Quote from MijnWraak :OH SNAP! I was promoted to Class D! I thought you had to have a 4.0 safety rating? I've still got lots to learn haha.

You do. But rookie gets promoted twice in one regular 13 week series. There is actually 2 rookie seasons in 1 regular.
I think it's 3 Marco....

rookie series = 4 weeks
regular D and above series = 12 weeks.
Quote from MijnWraak :OH SNAP! I was promoted to Class D! I thought you had to have a 4.0 safety rating? I've still got lots to learn haha.

If its a normal promotion time(and not fasttrack) you only need 3.0
Quote :
With a little help from our friend Dale Earnhardt Jr., iRacing is staging the End of Summer Blow-out to end all End of Summer Blow-outs. For a very limited time – as in four days – current iRacers can renew their memberships for $75 a year. You read that right: $75 a year. That’s 25% off the regular price . . . for as many years as you like. Renew for four years and it’s like getting a free year of iRacing!

But wait, there’s more. Eligible members are automatically entered to win a Dale Earnhardt Jr Ride Along Prize Pack. It’s a chance of a lifetime to win a four lap ride around Charlotte Motor Speedway in a two seater with Dale Jr. (Note: He’ll be doing the driving!) Just to sweeten the pot, the winner will also receive 2 tickets and 2 pit passes to the Bank of America 500 at Charlotte on October 16, together with $500 in spending money.

To take advantage of this unprecedented renewal rate follow these steps. By renewing, eligible members will automatically be entered to win a Dale Earnhardt Jr Ride Along Prize Pack.
Click the "My Account" Link located at the top right of the member’s site.
Click "Change Subscription" link in the left margin of the page.
Click the “Renew Early” button.
Enter PR-Junior1 in the “Promotion / Gift Certificate Code:” box and click “Apply”
Click “Confirm”
Click “Finish” button at the bottom of invoice page
But you’ve got to act now. This offer expires at 11:59 (ET) on September 7, 2010.

Click here for rules and regulations on the raffle.

P.S. Tell your friends who are not already members that they can enter the drawing for the Dale Earnhardt Jr Ride Along Prize Pack by joining iRacing by using the following code: PR-JrRide

If anyone is interested, there you go.
Quote from PMD9409 :If anyone is interested, there you go.

better than renewing 3-months for $30 each. hmmm
damn, i wasnt gonna renew for another few months... hmm
Pff, done. Toilet paper costs more per year, and I have a chance to ride with Dale :P
Spent $66 on new content about 4 days ago, aarrgghh!! Every gosh darn time this happens to me
Quote :Renew for four years and it’s like spending $300!

fixed

Quote from GFresh :Spent $66 on new content about 4 days ago, aarrgghh!! Every gosh darn time this happens to me

how does a membership offer effect you?
Spending $300 instead of $400. Saving $100?

Stop with your negativity Ant, no one wants to hear it.
Quote from racer hero :Spending $300 instead of $400. Saving $100?

However, I wouldnt sign to 4 years with the way iracing is headed. could be $75 for a year normally within a year or so, without putting down $300. Or who knows, could do away with the whole subscription base thing. :O
Quote from anttt69 :
how does a membership offer effect you?

It affects me because i just spent 40 odd quid and i'm not loaded enough to warrant spending 50 odd again straight away
Is that alright for you mate? Or should i check with you via PM next time i think about posting?...
With the frequency these offers come by, I am not tempted to take the bait just now. There will probably be many offers before my current subscription runs out.
Quote from racer hero :Spending $300 instead of $400. Saving $100?

Its called being realistic Kevin, you just interpret it as negativity. Tbh its hardly a good offer, they had a $100 membership with $30 rebate just 2 months ago so that would be equivalent to a $70 membership. Now its $75??

Quote from GFresh :It affects me because i just spent 40 odd quid and i'm not loaded enough to warrant spending 50 odd again straight away
Is that alright for you mate? Or should i check with you via PM next time i think about posting?...

I was only asking why, as your post made no sense to me? You dont have to buy your membership now, there will be another membership offer in two months time. You seem to be getting all upset over nothing??
Kevin O'Keefe
A) Don't call me Kevin or I'll slaughter you.
B) Any discount from the normal price is good.. $5 or $25 or $50? They are all discounts.
Quote from anttt69 :Its called being realistic Kevin, you just interpret it as negativity. Tbh its hardly a good offer, they had a $100 membership with $30 rebate just 2 months ago so that would be equivalent to a $70 membership. Now its $75??

You have to also accept that iRacing is still getting $100 of your money in to the system. By only actually putting in $75, it's surely right that you don't quite get the same deal. So, infact, it IS a good deal for the $75 for the year!

Quote from anttt69 :I was only asking why, as your post made no sense to me? You dont have to buy your membership now, there will be another membership offer in two months time. You seem to be getting all upset over nothing??

Going by previous years, that's not been the case at all. This year is the first time there's been more than one special offer for the yearly amount as and above the one in June. I doubt within the next two months we'll see another offer for the year. Saying that though, there will be a special promo deal coming when Spa and the F1 arrive!
The best offer that existing members will get with the f1 and spa is a pre-order rebate I would guess. I'm sure there will be a signup bonus for new members.

This $75 for a year promo is actually very nice compared to the other. The other one you spent $100 and got $30 iracing credits. I know which one leaves my checkbook with more money in it.

Also

URNNNNHAAAAAAARRRRT
Thank you very much for sharing
Quote from racer hero :A) Don't call me Kevin or I'll slaughter you.

lol i doubt that tbh, so what is your name?

also anyone know whats coming next in iRacing?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG