The online racing simulator
Quote from Si Mclaren :If you want a PLAN for what LFS is going to be, he said 3 years ago... New tire physics, Scirocco, Rockingham...

But how he can do it if he stays talking with people? Create a program is not so easy how it looks, its a lot of codes, numbers and caracters, it takes time to do... Calculate physics, so, takes even more time, as it have lots of variables included...

Totally delusional... You sir, and others that spout your partucular form of nonsence, are fools.

I would rather whine, than be a blind fool.

I also note that you have not payed anything towards this project, so please refrain from defending those who's work you use without directly contributing. Words are cheap!
Quote from Stimpy88 :Totally delusional... You sir, and others that spout your partucular form of nonsence, are fools.

I would rather whine, than be a blind fool.

How does someone with an S2 license and who has been part of this community since at least 2003 have zero laps online?

There's nothing delusional about believing what Scawen has told us. You make guesses about when work started based on a side-project patch, you're the one who's got the story flipped upside-down. You are right in saying that this patch does not reflect the time elapsed since the last patch, but Scawen was upfront about the fact that it doesn't include all the stuff that's been worked on since the last patch. How do you not get that?
I think it would be best if racers who do not race online frequently are not allowed to post in a lot of forum sections. (Only in off topic maybe).

Saves a lot of negative energy.

And maybe getting some asses behind the wheel again. (If not, seems to be not a big community loss).
Quote from cargame.nl :I think it would be best if racers who do not race online frequently are not allowed to post in a lot of forum sections. (Only in off topic maybe).

And maybe getting some asses behind the wheel again. (If not, seems to be not a big community loss).

agree with you
MOANERS, WHINERS, etc doesnt really help community here ...
Quote from cargame.nl :I think it would be best if racers who do not race online frequently are not allowed to post in a lot of forum sections. (Only in off topic maybe).

I don't understand.

I don't race online frequently any more, but overall I have a very positive view of LFS.
I have been closely following development of the sim for years, and am a huge fan.
There are numerous other people here who I can say the same thing for Tristancliffe would be the first to come to mind.

Why do you think we should not be allowed to post in the forums?
Quote from farcar :I don't understand.

I don't race online frequently any more, but overall I have a very positive view of LFS.
I have been closely following development of the sim for years, and am a huge fan.
There are numerous other people here who I can say the same thing for Tristancliffe would be the first to come to mind.

Why do you think we should not be allowed to post in the forums?

its not about you, its about other kind of inactive lfs players, that are here for trolling and trolling only.
Have to disagree with that one. I haven't raced much online, mainly due to the fact I don't want the pressure of crashing and ruining other peoples races. However I must have played lfs offline more than any other game with hundreds and hundreds of hours played. Surely my opinion is still valid on the forums if not the specific online bits.
Tyre Physics
It seems that iRacing think their new tyre physics will be ready this summer.

I don't know how many of their team have been working on the physics but they admit it was the hardest part to do.

Here's a snippet from their press release.

In a major press release today, iRacing outlines its ambitious summer update. At the heart of the 2.0 summer-long update is the new tire model, which the release says “will revolutionize the way iRacing members race online, providing unparalleled realism and the most accurate racing experience ever produced for a PC.” iRacing’s CEO Dave Kaemmer said, “This new tire model is our best work ever. It was incredibly challenging and time consuming to develop an understanding, mathematically speaking, of a racing tire at the limit and under all sorts of conditions… The tires are clearly the hardest thing to simulate for any racing title, but I think we’ve nailed it! I believe it is going to bring simulated racing to a whole new level of enjoyment and realism.”
Quote from alric :have to disagree with that one. I haven't raced much online, mainly due to the fact i don't want the pressure of crashing and ruining other peoples races. However i must have played lfs offline more than any other game with hundreds and hundreds of hours played. Surely my opinion is still valid on the forums if not the specific online bits.

+1
I think no body was happy about reading S3 is coming later.
And that we must wait now over 2 years isn`t realy funny but they need the time and so we must life with it or change the game.

But I dont` understand why we didn`t get the S3 version without the new tire physik.
We have a new game hopely with new cars and tracks, the devs makes money and have time to create the new physik.

sorry for my bad english.
Quote from JackSun :It seems that iRacing think their new tyre physics will be ready this summer.

I don't know how many of their team have been working on the physics but they admit it was the hardest part to do.

Here's a snippet from their press release.

In a major press release today, iRacing outlines its ambitious summer update. At the heart of the 2.0 summer-long update is the new tire model, which the release says “will revolutionize the way iRacing members race online, providing unparalleled realism and the most accurate racing experience ever produced for a PC.” iRacing’s CEO Dave Kaemmer said, “This new tire model is our best work ever. It was incredibly challenging and time consuming to develop an understanding, mathematically speaking, of a racing tire at the limit and under all sorts of conditions… The tires are clearly the hardest thing to simulate for any racing title, but I think we’ve nailed it! I believe it is going to bring simulated racing to a whole new level of enjoyment and realism.”

And yet the funny part about their physics update is that it only applies to certain tires on certain cars (unless they've expanded the scope since the last time I checked). What that implies is that they are fudging a lot of stuff with the tires to make them work approximately right for certain situations on certain cars. The current iRacing tire model is nothing to really crow about. It's better than LFS in a couple of areas, but it's also lacking in areas where LFS is very good. So, we'll see. But I expect this update to be very good for their NASCAR style cars, but pretty much ignore other cars.
Quote from Hallen :And yet the funny part about their physics update is that it only applies to certain tires on certain cars (unless they've expanded the scope since the last time I checked). What that implies is that they are fudging a lot of stuff with the tires to make them work approximately right for certain situations on certain cars. The current iRacing tire model is nothing to really crow about. It's better than LFS in a couple of areas, but it's also lacking in areas where LFS is very good. So, we'll see. But I expect this update to be very good for their NASCAR style cars, but pretty much ignore other cars.

if you read the whole press release you would see they will release it for all cars, it is supposed to start with one or few cars first at may, an then untill august implement the physics on all cars
Press release
May I suggest something? Let's all who think that the devs should take the holidays off, say it. Because, after all - holidays are holidays, and most of the people don't work at that time. But being on your own can make you feel guilty about not working, or.. something. So, Scavier, in an all not-telling-you-what-to-do way, we won't die if this release is a little late. Scawen said 1-2 weeks, yes, but for those who don't know, 1-2 weeks, in the real business world, mean 1-2 weeks of work days. Which means that, technically the release won't be late anyway. And everyone deserves to have fun at the holidays. So, I'm totally +100 if you, devs, decide to take these 4 days off and have fun with family, friends, etc, because that's what really matters after all, isn't it?

And to all who think that they should work - shut up!

But seriously - if anyone complains, because they haven't been able to have fun during the holidays, due to the patch not being released yet - check yourself again, because holidays aren't made for gaming.

^This is true. Internal testing
Oh boy. :P
wow, stalk much?
.friday friday, gotta get down on friday.
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG