The online racing simulator
This is gonna be good!
OMG great news!!!!!!! wooooooooooo!
Quote from Scawen :No, that would be nice but I don't know if, or when, I will do that.

The SHIFT+U improvements in this patch are very helpful for any external program that controls the camera (like LFS Record).

Because the camera is no longer bounded to the track path and objects do not sometimes disappear.

Solve all the same to you, but I guess not now. And when the patch will come here now
Quote from broken :<snip>

Broken with Scawen making the ramps in to concrete, do you still have that BL3 sky bridge layout?

Looking forward to this patch, open configs, will be great for cruise servers
Sounds like S3 won't be as good as this :S But again theres light at the end of the tunnel FINALLY but still no S3 :P
Stig, I guess you haven't heard.. but S3 was POSTBONED
#557 - e.M
Quote from Rynno666 :to e.M wtf what trolling? stfu man i just asked .Shut up !

so sorry i figured you cant be that silly, honest mistake
Quote from e.M :nobody gonna use ramps in racing server, stop trolling

Are you sure?
Quote from T3charmy :Broken with Scawen making the ramps in to concrete, do you still have that BL3 sky bridge layout?

Looking forward to this patch, open configs, will be great for cruise servers

Yup. (It's not "mine" tho. Me and Ales built it.)
And with concrete barriers(which you won't really need on the bridge layout), you can be 100% sure that you just won't fall out.

Also, since I replied anyway, I would like to raise the Barrier2 (= 20m long Barrier) question again. Would that be easy to make? And do you guys think it would be useful /- I meant that as a question to everyone/?
Quote from broken :

Also, since I replied anyway, I would like to raise the Barrier2 (= 20m long Barrier) question again. Would that be easy to make? And do you guys think it would be useful /- I meant that as a question to everyone/?

Yes. Then we have no need to use more autocross objects, if planned to make a big straight. Also it takes less time to do it.

so yes. a big plus one! (It would be renamed as Barrier_Medium as original Barrier_Long and Barrier_Long as that 20m long Barrier if it would be able to have available)

Quote from mutt107 :ramps on Kyoto here i come!

I was going to imagine the halfpipe section in Fern Bay lol... (Please don't hate me)
Quote from broken :

Or make something similar with the "wide" ability at Sector Objects. Then you can choose how much wide/long will the ramp be So we can have just one ramp with 2 abilities
Quote from DarkKostas :Or make something similar with the "wide" ability at Sector Objects. Then you can choose how much wide/long will the ramp be So we can have just one ramp with 2 abilities

But the would be a problem. Because every object is physically solid, would need to recode them again to using X&Y Dimensions, to make available using custom dimensions.

Altough im not sure but I have understand kind of this way. (I might be wrong, please forgive me if i am)
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :But the would be a problem. Because every object is physically solid, would need to recode them again to using X&Y Dimensions, to make available using custom dimensions.

Altough im not sure but I have understand kind of this way. (I might be wrong, please forgive me if i am)

Yeah you understand right. If that's hard job for Scawen then it's ok. I am already fine with the current changes. But with this you would be able to create your ramps as you wish, rotation, wide, long.
From what I know/remember, features as choosing width, length, etc of objects will be available in some of the patches in the future? So, I guess the wider ramp is like a temporary solution. And so will be the longer barrier.
This patch is going to make LFS so much better - even though it is amazing now. There is so much to be done with LFS - now even more.
God damn, I went off computer down for 5 hours and yahoo messenger beeped so much I thought my ****ing microwave was on, Jesus christ. /unsubscribe.
-
(shaun463) DELETED by shaun463
-
(shaun463) DELETED by shaun463
Can't wait
I'm afraid of where is going this thing about the ramps...
Quote from Inouva :I'm afraid of where is going this thing about the ramps...

I don't know why you would be.

There have always been servers dedicated to serious racing, as well as servers dedicated to bangers and whatnot. The bangers/figure 8/demo derby/BnJ servers will just have better ramps now.
Quote from Scawen :....But the unmovable barriers were famously troublesome, often throwing your car several metres in the air if you touched a red and white barrier. Looking into this, I found that I was able to improve these collisions a lot without any major changes.

Oooooh my god...is this for real?...this will make life sooo much better!!

Two big thumbs up of this realy improves

Thanks Scawen!!
Looking forward for todays progress report
when its come out??, i cant wait .
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I don't know why you would be.

There have always been servers dedicated to serious racing, as well as servers dedicated to bangers and whatnot. The bangers/figure 8/demo derby/BnJ servers will just have better ramps now.

+1

very strange reaction from some people. I'm looking forward to this update, some very nice fixes and additions included. Fair play to scawen for adding another ramp and fixing the "slippyness". I love serious racing, but I also really enjoyed the Carpark UF1 banger racing etc that was very popular a coupe of years ago. It will be great to do some of that again.
I'll miss the collisions that throw you 100 metres into the air. It's summit to do waiting for a race restart
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG