The online racing simulator
Quote from rockclan :If I'm correct the open layouts do not go with cruise insim, since there are no nodes.

This is a bullsh*t.

AFAIK, cruise InSims will need some changes, but this does not mean that it will not be possible to use them anymore. When the patch comes out, it will most probably be a mess for a few days on the cruise servers, becouse a lot of things will not work, but i do not doubt even a bit, that cruise servers wont be much better with this patch. Even though, codders will probably have a lot of things to change.
Scawen, would it be possible to have some quick-fix for SHIFT+S (aka, spectate)?

Often happens - especially if new user is connecting, that SHIFT+S can lag quite badly, and sometimes take upto some 15 seconds or so to actually spectate you.

If I spin, and want to hit SHIFT+S to spectate (and avoid ruining race for someone else), it can take really long for it to 'catch' that.

Is it possible to fix/improve that?
Quick question, if the number of autocross objects is now 800 will it possible to have all the objects on all the tracks and will there be any new objects ?
Meh...wrong thing
Quote from sermilan :But if you then hit such a hardened barrier there, all the chances are that your car will be spread on it's exit rather than those tires, as it is has been the case so far.

Too risky, in my opinion.

First, these are tires and not a brick wall (though a brick wall might be nice too), so your car will behave normally when hitting them.

Second, a car that hits these tires at full speed will mostly lose control there anyway, so instead of car and tires all over the place, there will only be a car.

It's a major "pileup" point anyway, so less scattered tires on the road can only improve the situation there.

I know what I'm talking about, I got enough experience on this track.
Quote from Calyps0 :the what and the who patch? do give..

The LGH Patch you can find it on that forbidden mods website for LFS.
Quote from Scawen :I solved this and the objects at Blackwood chicane by a simple method : In the track editor, I took a list of the X and Y coordinates so LFS can detect those particular objects when loading. Then I switched them off in configurations they don't affect, so they became objects that do vary between configurations - that means they are now invisible in the open configuration.

Very slick of you.

Thank you, much appreciated.
Let there be time
If I'm correct this is related to that bug I mentioned there.
Quote from Scawen :
Multiplayer :

CTRL+SHIFT now displays time and date in all multiplayer replays

Firstly, thanks for the fix Really bugged me that one.
Will time and date be shown in the old replays where it's currently missing, or will it affect only the new ones, made in Z30 and after?

Also, I disagree with the way the time and date would be shown. It's because it should be shown by default, like it is now. Let CTRL+SHIFT show FPS instead (also like it is now). Simply because when something interesting happens in the replay I would like to know when it happened as oppose to how many fps I had at that moment. Other reason is time and date present there in the corner clearly distinguishes mpr from a spr without the need for ctrl+shift. OR, as I just realised... 'Options - Misc -> Show time instead of FPS' determines what gets priority and what gets crtl+shift'd, hm? Mine is set to [yes], yours probably to default [no].

Anyways, nice improvements for a few weeks of work. Some useful stuff
If all this is done in a few weeks time then that tire thingy is pretty damn hard stuff, eh?
Quote from rockclan :The LGH Patch you can find it on that forbidden mods website for LFS.

:doh:
Thanks

Quote from rockclan :The LGH Patch you can find it on that forbidden mods website for LFS.

Yea... I found that out by the powers of google. So decided to give it a miss, I'll just wait for the update .
Continuing his theme of the track Fe. In my opinion except for tires on the chicane, you must change the profile of curbs in some corners. See my video. The car throws up, losing speed and motion path. Not very nice of course. Yet in my opinion it is time to fans, spectators stands make voluminous, cardboard is not the theme of 2011
Some people here suggest things that are too hard to implement in a compatible patch.
#439 - War
Is it just me, but would that be the perfect ''touge'' part ever?
Scawen, what will happen with nodes on the open configuration?
I would like to know in advance what changes will be in MCI package

Sorry, i was find post
Quote from War :Is it just me, but would that be the perfect ''touge'' part ever?

yes! Thats why I was so happy to hear its going to be driveable
OMG OMG!

I'm back.
Good! VOB protection! Means I'm not getting banned from the TC servers for something I'm not using. Take that unrightful admins! Now you don't have an excuse to ban me!

Are we going to be able to cruise on these fully open maps? That would make the cake for me. Cruising with realistic physics is what people want, and open maps will let is drive around and enjoy that.
Quote from Yelpats03 :Good! VOB protection! Means I'm not getting banned from the TC servers for something I'm not using. Take that unrightful admins! Now you don't have an excuse to ban me!

Are we going to be able to cruise on these fully open maps? That would make the cake for me. Cruising with realistic physics is what people want, and open maps will let is drive around and enjoy that.

I think i will enjoy cruising now!
nice updates!
please add in lfs new modes of headlights, Distant Light, headlights, gabarits
special for cruise servers
Quote from Dragoxxx :nice updates!

There's really no point in having headlights because there is no night. It'd be great if we could get flashing though, "Get outta the way!!" *flashes lights* - But it just wouldn't work.
Hm.. I just thought of a fun layout.

BL Reverse. Use Rally Part for first section, straight through chicane then use the hairpin (Normal BL T1) and come around to the front straight.
Quote from Yelpats03 :There's really no point in having headlights because there is no night. It'd be great if we could get flashing though, "Get outta the way!!" *flashes lights* - But it just wouldn't work.

You can already flash your lights....
Along with using indicators as well.
Quote from War :Is it just me, but would that be the perfect ''touge'' part ever?

Screw touge,let's go banging in small oval!

Quote from Dragoxxx :nice updates!

Yeah,and some neons under car and inside too,some nice audiosystems with flashing lights and other stuff!

I'm sorry,just being here too long,getting some local useless posting habits... Anyway,too bad with unavailable SO roundabout,hopefully this will be checked in to do list in some near future atleast! Until then - let's just enjoy the new posibilities when this testpatch comes out!
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG