The online racing simulator
Good to finally see some updates. Even though these updates are not big, its still something new. Something new now and then definatly keeps us entertained, and a lot more happy! Good to see some action!
Quote from suzuki94 :scawen how about the chicane at BL1? will the barriers be removed, same question for this at FE?

This FE config would definitely be cool, but I'm kinda doubting it as the road there seems "unfinished."
Thank you very much Scawen! Glad to see that LFS is having other improvments.
Quote from Scawen :Open configurations have : no racing line / no racing line rubber / no wrong way detection / no limited object drawing lists / no echo map / no light map / no blue or yellow flags.

This sounds more towards the cruise side of things which sounds cool.. no mini map on a self created track would be confusing for some.
Thank You so much for this!
Really happy that you're still making progress with your "baby".

LFS has done a lot more than giving me fun and entertainment at my desktop! It really turned me into a much more capable driver.

Went to a promotion-drive by Nissan this Saturday, got to take the 370Z for a spin -- and what good experience that was. I was amazed at the grip-level. What took me by surprise even more is that out of the 2 times we went on to do a double-lane-change at about 70kph the number of spins I did was ZERO. Not everyone was as up to that task as I was that day

Anyway: great to hear from you, again!

Cheers
Great news for cruise servers, but also brilliant news for those of us who enjoy making autocross tracks and especially good news for the guys who enjoy a bit of demolition derby.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :This FE config would definitely be cool, but I'm kinda doubting it as the road there seems "unfinished."

But shouldnt it be pretty easy to finish it as its only some textures or?
THE ADMINS DO CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you scawen!
Quote from Scawen :snip

Please, any chance to get that "never" change tires option? I've cried many a stint when I'd have a crash in testing and just wanna fix the car and then it'd change tires when they were in their "prime".

Pretty please.
The open tracks really sound rather like cruising, but surely we'll see if it will be possible to race there as well, though with limited data available. If that is possible, I'd certainly want to support some new agreed-on layout-defined tracks through AIRW, scoring unofficial online world records and such things... That is if anyone would be interested in this and Victor will not make it somehow official for LFSW...
Quote from scipy :Please, any chance to get that "never" change tires option? I've cried many a stint when I'd have a crash in testing and just wanna fix the car and then it'd change tires when they were in their "prime".

Pretty please.

Supporting factor might be, that it should be rather easy to code, just to leave out the change option at all. That really kills some endurance stints, when you are close to the end and you wouldnt need a change and then it kills you :|
Quote from suzuki94 :scawen how about the chicane at BL1? will the barriers be removed, same question for this at FE?

I did open that at Fern Bay, though you do take off going through there... I guess that is a good suggestion for BL chicane as well. I could make them vanish, config makers can just add some barriers if they don't want people going straight through.

Quote from Tur8o :This sounds more towards the cruise side of things which sounds cool.. no mini map on a self created track would be confusing for some.

There is a mini map in fact - see the attachment.
Attached images
minimap.jpg
Quote from Scawen :I did open that at Fern Bay, though you do take off going through there... I guess that is a good suggestion for BL chicane as well. I could make them vanish, config makers can just add some barriers if they don't want people going straight through.

There is a mini map in fact - see the attachment.

Keep up the movement.
we we we sosososso excited :d
Hell yeah!

:banana:
This reasures me that the money I spent on LFS was money well spent.

Fantastic work, glad to see this
This is fantastic! But one question is does this apply to access roads too, e.g. Between AU1 and the dragstrip?

Just saying it'd be great for competitions, rallys, martialling and cruising. (The service roads in Rockingham are pretty awesome too)

Either way, it's fantastic and I can't wait!
Quote from scipy :Please, any chance to get that "never" change tires option? I've cried many a stint when I'd have a crash in testing and just wanna fix the car and then it'd change tires when they were in their "prime".

Pretty please.

OK, it's getting late and I need to stop for the day but am I understanding this right?

Basically you want that 90% limit raised to 100% - because what you are saying is although that tyre is near to blowing, you know that 10% is enough to get you to the end of the race?

I have added a note to look at this, it does sound easy but I don't know if it can be done compatibly.
Quote from Scawen :There is a mini map in fact - see the attachment.

Damnnn, that's my cruiser dream :')
Quote from Scawen :OK, it's getting late and I need to stop for the day but am I understanding this right?

Basically you want that 90% limit raised to 100% - because what you are saying is although that tyre is near to blowing, you know that 10% is enough to get you to the end of the race?

I have added a note to look at this, it does sound easy but I don't know if it can be done compatibly.

Very nice changes Scawen .

Take your time on the physics.
Please Please make the ramps available for all tracks, there is unlimited fun to have with them.
I'm looking forward to trying the bevaviour of the ramps, although I still think that their surface will remain icy, only the collisions will be better. But, who knows...
Quote from rc10racer :Please Please make the ramps available for all tracks, there is unlimited fun to have with them.

This would be awesome.

But I think we are starting to beg for too much stuff in this thread.
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG