The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
So, iRacing have sent out unique 3 month for $10 codes for new customers, I'm sure almost everyone here got one. If anyone wants one, I'l trade it for a referral
If you read the email it says it is for existing accounts...

unless there's two versions of the same email :|
The one I had definately said existing customers who renew their account. I let my subscription end as wasn't playing and needed money for other things. Thinking though for this cheap worth getting back into it for 3 months.
2 E-mails, one with a code for members who let their subscription lapse (which I'm going to use), and another e-mail with a different code for new members.

Quote from Email #1 :Start racing at iRacing.com with our best deal ever!

Quote from Email #2 :Come back to iRacing.com with our best deal ever!

did the new tire model phyysics come out yet? i was going to wait for those before i started putting more time into iRacing.
Well I came back, I got 3 months for $7.50 because I had some iRacing credits. Last time I played I only had the Solstice to mess about with, now I have the Mazda too. I don't dare touch the bigger cars while using a gamepad though.

EDIT: Got my old stats back too.

28% Win ratio
90% Top 5 finishes
Led 28% of my laps

That was all in the Rookie Solstice.
Quote from Gabkicks :did the new tire model phyysics come out yet? i was going to wait for those before i started putting more time into iRacing.

Not yet, maybe at the end of this season (3 weeks from now) or maybe not, nobody really knows. This code is valid until next month, so you will be able to wait and see if the tyre model comes out at the end of this season before you renew.

By the way, is there any chance anyone here has a broken G25 that they're not using anymore? I've slightly broken mine from taking it apart to many times, and am just after a small part.
Forgot how twitchy my gamepads are on this. It would be fine if I could set a small deadzone, but the best I can do is fiddle the steering setup so it thinks I have more rotation, that way it's not so twitchy.
You should be able to use DXtweak 2 to add a bit of a deadzone (it's from Logitech, but should work with almost everything).
Quote from DeKo :Not yet, maybe at the end of this season (3 weeks from now) or maybe not, nobody really knows. This code is valid until next month, so you will be able to wait and see if the tyre model comes out at the end of this season before you renew.

Yeah, I guess i'll wait till the day before it expires to renew.
Quote from DeKo :You should be able to use DXtweak 2 to add a bit of a deadzone (it's from Logitech, but should work with almost everything).

Thanks, I will give it a try.
are you still competitive w/ the top guys using a gamepad? what are your laptimes like compared to records set ? I imagine its not too bad w/ the lower powered cars, but what about the more powerful ones?
Quote from Gabkicks :are you still competitive w/ the top guys using a gamepad? what are your laptimes like compared to records set ? I imagine its not too bad w/ the lower powered cars, but what about the more powerful ones?

I want to see a replay of someone driving the Lotus with a gamepad...
Quote from The Moose :I want to see a replay of someone driving the Lotus with a gamepad...

ask boothy . I know he drives the V8 pretty well with the gamepad
Could trade my promo code to referral. Code is for new customers, 3 months -10$
Quote from iFastLT :Could trade my promo code to referral. Code is for new customers, 3 months -10$

Doesn't say it is for new customers.
it says so
Quote :Sign up today and you'll get unlimited racing 24/7 for the next three months, for only $10!

I meant it usually says "Applies to new accounts only" underneath, but it doesn't...
It doesn't. My account expired a few weeks ago, and iRacing send me an email telling me if I renew my subscription it would only costs 10 bucks for 3 months.
We allready went over this yesterday, there was 2 seperate e-mails.

Quote from Email #1 :Start racing at iRacing.com with our best deal ever!

Quote from Email #2 :Come back to iRacing.com with our best deal ever!

Well I didn't read yesterdays posts my bad lol
Quote from The Moose :I want to see a replay of someone driving the Lotus with a gamepad...

If you can get the right settings it's really not much different to playing with a wheel that has no force feedback. Especially if you can setup the car to help you. LFS is much easier in that respect, I would liken driving a slow car in iRacing to driving the BF1 in LFS, it needs the same level of concentration and you can't relax your grip very much.
I got the 3 months for $10 too. Really tempting to get me back. $3.33 per month is nothing!
Imagine how cheap it is for us lot in the UK considering the exchange rate. Anyway I am getting to grips with this again, doing lots of laps in the Mazda Cup at Lime Rock, my best time is something like a 1:00.400, but I can go faster since that was on a long run of about 15-20 laps without stopping. I eventually did stop in a rather spectacular way though, not sure if anyone has managed to roll a Mazda Cup car, but I did, a few times (video coming soon!)
Aww, I think I missed that Icebreaker competition

Btw: 3id Gaming currently holding a 1-2-3 at Barber.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG