The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I haven't even tried them at all. Did all the A-Spec and B-Spec to level 40 first.

BlueFlame as you've proven countless times, your opinion really doesn't matter. You're the kind of sheep that prefers CoD.

I say this to mean that you buy the countless revisions of Modern Warfare which have zero gameplay improvements nor have any redeeming gaming qualities at all really. Just look at CoD4 and you have the same game as MW2 and Black Ops in terms of MP, just a incremented number Same game engine and all even, just a drop of different character models. They're so lazy they just reuse the same maps even!

And we all know the average CoD player looks like, and I will note you haven't ever posted your face in any of the threads. Thus I can confirm with great certainty that you probably do look like this:

The relevence to GT5 is what?
If you think I'm an avid CoD player you are more than wrong. You are insane. There's only one good CoD in the entire series, that is the first one. After they ditched WW2, it got horrible. Single player is fun, but that's only because you don't have to deal with the shitty balistics detection, unsufferable ballistics lag, and stupid auto knife physics which mean you can knife someone from 40meters away, and then sometimes, you can't.
Quote from BlueFlame :The relevence to GT5 is what?
If you think I'm an avid CoD player you are more than wrong. You are insane. There's only one good CoD in the entire series, that is the first one. After they ditched WW2, it got horrible. Single player is fun, but that's only because you don't have to deal with the shitty balistics detection, unsufferable ballistics lag, and stupid auto knife physics which mean you can knife someone from 40meters away, and then sometimes, you can't.

Just go away.
Quote from BlueFlame :The relevence to GT5 is what?

Well, you seem like a CoD player with the single digit IQ and all (I'll let you select which of the 10 single digits you are).

40 Metre knifing? Can I see a video of this? That sounds pretty impressive.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, you seem like a CoD player with the single digit IQ and all (I'll let you select which of the 10 single digits you are).

40 Metre knifing? Can I see a video of this? That sounds pretty impressive.

Since when was a sarcastic exaggeration taken seriously?
zzzzzzzzzzz.

Some more entertaining seasonal events. Don't payout much, but if your car is sufficiently slow and on comfort softs they're pretty good fun. Cars pre '69, 500 or so pp, though a car with 400 on comfort softs is still a cakewalk.
Quote from BlueFlame :Since when was a sarcastic exaggeration taken seriously?

You presented it to the jury as fact.
and Holy dude, I never realized.. but that Alfa Romeo World Tour challenge is ****ing hard. I'm at 1:18.. There's no way in hell I can gain a second.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :and Holy dude, I never realized.. but that Alfa Romeo World Tour challenge is ****ing hard. I'm at 1:18.. There's no way in hell I can gain a second.

It is? Maybe you a little rusty. I seem to find the Toscanna night one fking impossible.
Oh, the Toscana one was ****ing intense. I spent about 20 mins last night doing it and getting better. I won it by drifting around the ferrari in the last corner. I went in too hot, and then decided to just go for it, and the 4WD of the Lambo pulled it around the ferrari.

It's a ****ing shame that the light was the wrong way, so I can't even make a good picture out of it
Quote from dawesdust_12 :and Holy dude, I never realized.. but that Alfa Romeo World Tour challenge is ****ing hard. I'm at 1:18.. There's no way in hell I can gain a second.

That's the only thing bar X1 i can't gold, it's bloody hard!

The seasonals are good fun as well, shame about the lack of a big reward though. GT350R on tokyo was great fun and that zagato alfa on cape ring is just perfect!
I'm gonna spend my time tonight getting that Alfa one. I know I can do it with a bit of a challenge, and the videos I've watched of doing 1:15 is ****ing nuts. Definitely see that being controlled through the hairpins is the best method rather than drifting around.

After the Alfa one, I'll go do the AMG ones. I can gold them relatively easy. After that I'll be spending my life on the X1 to gold that.
YEEES!!!
After about 15 attempts in a row i finally got the alfa one, 1:16.699!
my previous fastest was a 1:17:554 so yea, you can save a second! (almost)

I took the first three hairpins calmly, last one sideways to get on the power early, then went in slow and to the edge of the track into the long corner, so i could be on full throttle the longest, then drifted the last corner!
****. 1:17.254. I know I can do it now. I ****ed up the last corner.
Quote from 91mason91 :It is? Maybe you a little rusty. I seem to find the
Toscanna night one fking impossible.

drive under the limit and imagine the physics to be like TDU1. that got me through.
Anybody tried the SSR7 money/xp glitch? Makes me laugh a little, looking at all those servers with people grinding for money/xp... but it's easy money indeed!
Yes I'd enjoy the money as I have 330 cars still to buy (I'm going for unique, not grinding out 330 gokarts), but I'd rather drive, try to get my last 3 golds, or do some of the GT5 endurance races. I'm not gonna do donuts underneath the track.

I am amazingly close to Platinum though. Gold Standard (X1 only) and Car Collector (330 cars left).

Plus, I get a better return in a day with NO effort by rubber banding. Spend 30 mins doing donuts = 2,000,000 credits. leave my AI doing rubber band trick for 8 hours (which requires ZERO interaction) = 5,500,000 credits.

The choice is so easy.
I really regret not taking advantage of the glitch.

anyone have a Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2? I see the 1985 rally car in UCD and I'm gonna grab it.
Quote from Gabkicks :I really regret not taking advantage of the glitch.

The glitch was fun for a moment. I dunno, it had something real funny racing to that point under the bridge, then seeing everyone trying to donut themself to first place... haha!

But to be honest, it was stupid aswell. I spent an evening doing the glitch, and at the end of the evening i was like "damn, i just wasted four hours in a huge cloud of smoke under a bridge doing circles..."

I'm back to rubberbanding the dream car event with the X1. Much less effort to be honest.
Quote from Gabkicks :I really regret not taking advantage of the glitch.

anyone have a Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2? I see the 1985 rally car in UCD and I'm gonna grab it.

Yeah i have one not driven it yet but i have a list of cars i want to buy in the game and thats one of them
I wish they would get rid of these ridiculous body repair prices.
I mean its a game why make us work so hard my god.

Its starting to piss me of.
What does the body repair actually do? I noticed no difference
It's not body repair, it's chassis restrengthening. I haven't noticed a difference, so I haven't done it at all.

300 cars left to buy and X1 to gold until platinum

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG