The online racing simulator
Yes, I think that is a perfectly valid complain, and not the first one along these lines. Believe me, I'm trying to offer these additional functions and features in the best form I can make them. But there are things I cannot influence. These are mainly the data available from server to Airio.

For example there are car positions reported by the server, lets say 10 times a second. Are they exact? No way, they are approximate, projections of expected car positions from last known client data. There are some indications that client data are updated just about 2 times a second, so 8 out of these 10 reported positions are just expectations. But there is nothing else available.

The reported positions are used to check the race path. There is nothing like Airio racing line. For the race path check special files from LFS developers are used. Some of those are slightly adjusted, but always in driver-friendly way, making the proper racing path in fact wider or just correcting some obvious mistakes (such as on KY3 and KY3R).

There are routines running that allow the car to be seen shortly outside the proper path without invalidating the lap – they often help to cover for some small lags, but at the same time they need to be strict enough not to allow obvious cutting. Hard to find a balance.

Overall, sometimes people say that AIRW check for clean laps are stricter than LFSW checks. But they both work with different data. For example I hear LFSW needs to see 2 tyres on track. AIRW needs to see the car center on the track, it cannot reasonably check tyre positions and contact. AIRW cannot check touches of walls/objects, because such events are not reported (pity, it would be a nice addition).

So, the check is strict, yes. Also it cannot be perfectly equal for everyone, lags and luck do play a certain role. There are 2 things you can do to raise your chances for a "clean" lap. 1) Activate for yourself the Path Check display in !opt screen. Then you will see where the lap was actually announced not clean and why. 2) Ask server admins to be sure to use the latest path files. As mentioned, KY3 and other tracks offered slightly incorrect paths which I had to correct.

I understand the frustration. Be assured that I really tried to make equal conditions for everyone, but there are limitations to what is possible. Also, it will be pretty hard to make clean laps on populated servers. Much better would be to try an empty server with Airio PROS allowing all cars and track. We've had this Genuine Hotlapping server running specifically for this purpose, I must check if it is still online, and if not (as it seems), check if we can make it run again.
Tnx for explanations, I'll keep that in mind to cool me down next time i get annoyed Your explanation contains some facts i didn't know, i'm getting the picture how it works now.

Quote from EQ Worry : 1) Activate for yourself the Path Check display in !opt screen. Then you will see where the lap was actually announced not clean and why.

Actually i did that, and based on offpath messages i noticed problem in this turn:

This screenshots are from race i drove today on cargame.nl s2 server. I was repeatedly getting offpath messages when car was approximately in that position, clearly on track and on racing line (checkout track map for navigation).
Replay i attached above is from cargame.la s2 server where i was hotlapping after that, and server messages didn't work there which i figured out later. In the meantime i got information that it was probably servers fault that times on cargame.la didn't got saved, but that worked fine on the other server where i drove races.
Quote from EQ Worry :Also, it will be pretty hard to make clean laps on populated servers. Much better would be to try an empty server with Airio PROS allowing all cars and track. We've had this Genuine Hotlapping server running specifically for this purpose, I must check if it is still online, and if not (as it seems), check if we can make it run again.

Its not that hard on long track when server is not crowded. Anyway I'm not that much a hotlapper now (was some time ago :shy, but i find fun in hotlapping when there's no close racing on server.. anyway tnx for the tip.
There are many tracks where you find that line will invalidate the lap. I personally would agree and say yes that is off path because I like using the "2 wheels on track rule" and the track is defined by the white lines.
Of course there are a number of arguements against my opinion such as- it may not be invalidated in LFS hotlap mode, virtually any real racing you watch they will use the same areas...etc...here my opinion is that everyone is in the same boat so it is fair. Now that you have the command on to tell you when you invalidate a lap it is easy to learn the limits within a few laps or so.

The only problem area for me concerning the path data would be South City, as it would seem impossible to cut the track anyway?
Quote from Anthoop :... here my opinion is that everyone is in the same boat so it is fair ...

Yes, and getting everyone into the same boat was the primary reason for removing all the online good clean lap times (which are WRs in custom cars). As explained above, it is not a perfectly exact system, a bit of luck will always play its role, but it is certainly better than it was before.

My insufficient description of one item in one of the Airio configuration files had an undesired effect – for months it was much much easier to make "clean" lap on CG than on any other server using Airio default settings. Unfortunately these clean laps were sometimes obviously wrong (car completely off the track), so thats why the unpopular move.

I'm sorry to make people unhappy or even angry by deleting some of their precious data. On the other hand I'm happy to see these AIRW features are valued additions to LFS racing, because developing them took considerable amount of time and energy.
Quote from cargame.nl :Not cut maybe, but you can use the walls for some small benefits.

The path check helps in these situations? I would love to see barrier detection but as we know that is not something EQ can give us.

Quote from EQ Worry :My insufficient description of one item in one of the Airio configuration files had an undesired effect – for months it was much much easier to make "clean" lap on CG than on any other server using Airio default settings. Unfortunately these clean laps were sometimes obviously wrong (car completely off the track), so thats why the unpopular move.

I'm sorry to make people unhappy or even angry by deleting some of their precious data. On the other hand I'm happy to see these AIRW features are valued additions to LFS racing, because developing them took considerable amount of time and energy.

Ah, I did not realise that the unrealistic times were from CG.

The online laptime database was always a good motivation for me and it is dissapointing that you had to delete all of the records, for maybe a handfull of incorrect times (restricted cars..GT2 etc?).
No doubt the charts will start to fill with good times once again and people will soon forget about all of this.
Hi i have a question ,

problem salved , thx EQworry
Quote from Anthoop :The online laptime database was always a good motivation for me and it is dissapointing that you had to delete all of the records, for maybe a handfull of incorrect times (restricted cars..GT2 etc?).

When this problem was brought to my attention, I was shown some replays that were accepted by Airio at CG. (And again I repeat here, it was my error, not to describe some configuration items properly, no fault from the CG admins.) Some of these replays meant new WRs in a GT2 car. While trying to deal with the problem, I had two options: 1) Announce officially that even the lowest car position update settings are acceptable and leave all the lap times as they are, or 2) make some higher hard-coded requirement, but then remove all the BL and WR lap times. I was considering option 1. But the replays were showing cars completely off the track, and for substantial periods, which in the end seemed unacceptable.

One other thing: I recently noticed some servers disappearing from the Airio overview. For now I'm not sure what is the cause, I'll look into the problem in more detail when time allows...
Hello.. What these numbers mean. What if I put another number?
# Race state: /vote, /midrace, /mustpit, /canreset
EnableCanvote=4
EnableMidrace=4
EnableMustpit=4
EnableCanreset=4
-
(Bass-Driver) DELETED by Bass-Driver
Quote from M.M.L. :Hello.. What these numbers mean. What if I put another number?
# Race state: /vote, /midrace, /mustpit, /canreset
EnableCanvote=4
EnableMidrace=4
EnableMustpit=4
EnableCanreset=4

You can give some users limited admin rights even if they do not have server admin password.

Quote :# ================= LIMITED ADMIN RIGHTS - LIMADS ================= #

# In this section you can define people with limited admin rights,
# including the commands they can use and actions they may take at
# different levels.

# In FREE version you may use the following levels: < 0 = everyone,
# 0 = lowest limad, 2 = mid limad, 4 = virtual admin, > 5 = no one.
# FULL version supports finer limad tuning by adding: 1 = low limad,
# 3 = high limad, 5 = more than admin, requires admin pass as well.

You can define who these users are by putting their LFS usernames in here:

Quote :# --------------------- Limad Names and Levels -------------------- #

# Usernames (registered) of limited admins aka limads. These names
# are checked upon connecting and exact case insensitive match is
# required. Default rights: Level 0 - can use prohibited names (good
# for team members), Level 1 - can kick, Level 2 - can ban anyone
# connected, Level 3 - can ban and unban anyone, Level 4 - can do
# almost anything, Level 5 - can also manipulate with stats.

Limad4=(blah blah)
Limad2= (blah blah)

You can set different users to allow different actions by changing the numbers each user has.
Hi,

a question regarding the configuration files, more specifically this section:
Quote :# PROS: Do not send driver/track/car/lap data to AIRW - boolean
# Please set this item to FALSE if you're running a tweaked server.

Does this state that only in PROS version one can turn off sending data to AIRW or will it not even send any data to AIRW, no matter what option you set here in a FREE version?

Regards
Quote from xfirestorm :Does this state that only in PROS version one can turn off sending data to AIRW ...

Yes, you can turn off sending data to AIRW only in the PROS version, and the reason is very prosaic. Only the PROS version can send any data, the FREE and FULL versions have no AIRW functionality. So, this setting has any meaning only in PROS...
As I thought.
Maybe change the comments of such settings to: Enable/disable sending driver/track/car/lap data to AIRW....
Quote from xfirestorm :As I thought.
Maybe change the comments of such settings to: Enable/disable sending driver/track/car/lap data to AIRW....

Or maybe:-
Quote :
# PROS: Do not send driver/track/car/lap data to AIRW - boolean
# Please set this item to FALSE if you're running a tweaked server.
# Note: only PROS version communicates with AIRW.

OK, LOL, not that it matters much, but I updated the item to:

# Please set this item to FALSE if you're running a tweaked server
# and use Airio PROS, the only version communicating with AIRW.

When I !lock on server to time 1.34.49 with xfg. I cant join. Have time 1.34.25. What is the reason?
Quote from EQ Worry :OK, LOL, not that it matters much, but I updated the item to:

# Please set this item to FALSE if you're running a tweaked server
# and use Airio PROS, the only version communicating with AIRW.

Great! The universe is back on track!
Kidding, kidding. It was just a suggestion, didn't know you'd actually listen to me.
Quote from M.M.L. :When I !lock on server to time 1.34.49 with xfg. I cant join. Have time 1.34.25. What is the reason?

Hard to say. Quite often the reason is your lap time is not stored on server, but only in LFSW statistics, and these are not being downloaded (at all, or fast enough). Connect, wait a while, then try !pr. If there are no data, I would say LFSW downloads are not enabled or not working properly. Maybe you also have hidden stats...
# LFSW PubStats key - string
# If IdentKey is empty no LFSW data will be downloaded/available. In
# FULL version you may define several keys by starting/concatenating
# '+' to speed up free data retrieval process. Note that the keys
# must belong to different people, e.g. team members.
IdentKey=

# LFSW PubStats data retrieval method - boolean
# If IdentPay is false the service is free of charge but limited to
# one request per 5 seconds.
IdentPay=false

# Get also hotlap (uploaded) data for everyone - boolean
# If true, then the better of online/hotlap data is used as LFSW PB.
GetHotlaps=true

# Automatic update of LFSW WR table every hour - boolean
# Turn this off for some time after major resets in WR table data
# and use an older version, because WR data are important for Airio.
UpdateWR=true

# Number of retries when asking for LFSW data and getting none - integer
NumRetries=5

What I have done wrong? Is this setting for LFSW?
I changed DaysTotal= from 0 to 30 yesterday (and did !aini), but nothing happened at server midnight

I would like the !total to be monthly based, old points you received for racing should be deleted after 30 days.
Some new racers are loosing attraction when they see ppl at !total with 15k points and how many points they get for one race

I am 15th at !total with 6k points

Regards, SJB
Quote from M.M.L. :What I have done wrong? Is this setting for LFSW?

Now in your message the IdentKey is missing, obviously, you need to have one.

If you have it set correctly, but download still does not work, here are the usual problems: 1) The same key is already used in some other application, and some requests are failing. 2) You have 2nd key under the same account used in some other application, again blocking some downloads.

I suggest to delete all your keys in LFSW, create just one completely new, and use it in Airio. This will solve all the problems. Also note that download of all LFSW data can take up to 20 seconds in the FREE version, because of LFSW unpaid service limitations.

Quote from SJB :I changed DaysTotal= from 0 to 30 yesterday (and did !aini), but nothing happened at server midnight

Careful, careful! This will on 30th day delete not only total points, but all the total data, including personal records, laps done, dates, etc. !!! BEWARE !!! You probably do not want this. If you want to delete only the total points, I'm afraid there is no direct command available, in current versions it is not possible to remove just parts of the total data. But I see your point, I will try to offer some simple way for this operation... For alternative approaches applicable now, see one of my previous responses...
Okay, I set it back to 0 now

I thought for erasing all stats is that option: DaysKeepStats=600
How to change starting order? I want in first race to be starting order like finished qual. But in second race to be reversed for all. Second thing, is it possible for pitlane exit, when somebody shortcutting to get a penalty or spectate.
Just noticed a little bug

My Teammate set the race to 5 laps with "!len 5" but at other tracks of the rotation it keeps the 5 laps and not changes to 2laps like its set on rotation for e.g. BL1, 3 tracks later it has still 5laps, now I set it back to /laps=2 and did !rld in case if it saved it temporarily for the tracks

A similar bug happens with the cars sometimes (rare): I enable GTR on AS2 and on next track e.g. BL1 should be TBOs, but sometimes it keeps the GTR cars.

Regards, SJB

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG